PDA

View Full Version : Need a decent web host

TonyOW31
08-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Pissed off with getting ripped off by bigpond, only to have to be on the phone for 3 hrs just to get a simple problem sorted.
Anyone got any experience of web hosting companies that offer a decent service at a reasonable cost?
Only need a small amount of storage/traffic bandwidth.

Gix11
08-07-2013, 06:29 PM
I'll email you mate.

...actually, I pm'd you as you didn't have your email account available without me searching for it.

Let me know if you got it.

TonyOW31
08-07-2013, 07:05 PM
I'll email you mate.

...actually, I pm'd you as you didn't have your email account available without me searching for it.

Let me know if you got it.

Got that Si, thanks. Will reply now.

336LJ
20-07-2013, 01:35 AM
Pissed off with getting ripped off by bigpond, only to have to be on the phone for 3 hrs just to get a simple problem sorted.
Anyone got any experience of web hosting companies that offer a decent service at a reasonable cost?
Only need a small amount of storage/traffic bandwidth.

How fucked is their customer service - I had to get onto the ombudsman last week to get my shit done, only just got a call back from someone actually Australian, and ACTUALLY with half a brain to escalate the case after 1 month of waiting and hours each time on the phone for a fuck up between them and another company (hijacked my phone line so no internet for a month). .. made my court case a pain in the ass cause I had to buy prepaid wireless internet to be able to download my court documents n stuff. TELSTRA... their fucking customer service reps shit me to no end. every time you ring up its like the problem never existed.

/rant

TonyOW31
20-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Yeah, I've spent fuckin hours on the phone to them this week, just to get one piece of information.

Deano
20-07-2013, 10:08 AM
I wanted to get a new phone so went to the Telstra shop in frankston just to be told that there is a 35min wait to be seen so they take your detail and you go do something else to burn the time till they text you to say that they are nearly ready to help me out in the shop so you go back and tell them your back and then wait another 40min before I told the dust service dude taking names they are fucking useless and left and went and signed up with Optus for a landline that we also needed