PDA

View Full Version : GSXR 100O Rear Tail for ZX9R 94

rod185651
26-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Suzuki gsxr 1000,streetfighter conversion, rear tail
Item number: 250207986458
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=250207986458&Category=32628&_trksid=p3907.m29

Hi all,
I am thinking of getting the above mentioned rear tail and subframe which I found on EBay to fit on to my Ninja, apparently it has been modified to fit a TL1000? How practical would it be for me to get this and modify it to fit my Zx9R (94 model)? I hope this is not a stupid question I'm just after some other opinions and advice.
cheers Rod

Rocket
26-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Well it looks like only the front of the subframe has been modified as well as cutting a piece out of the front of the ducktail. There is no undertray there so you'll need to get one or all your electrical bits will fall out :)

As far as fitting to your ZX9, i think they're a bolt on subframe on your bike, you'll need to have at least the top subframe mounts shortened as well as the front of the body work cut off to match the subframe mounting rails, which means you'll lose the front mounting bolt holes for the seat and bodywork
The width of the rear bodywork on both bikes is pretty wide at the point where your subframe mounting rails come up from the chassis but you might still have a mismatch there.

If you go down the local milk bar and see a K1 or K2 there it'd be worth just having a look compared to yours and doing some finger measurements.
I think you're looking at a few mods at the front to make it fit up and bolt up without looking like an add on. The biggest issue being how to secure the front of the body to the subframe (maybe velcro like the K7 Gixers or pop in rubber grommet thingy's) and how to bolt your seat on.

Here's a pic I found on the net, is this your model ?

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/20960696071195.jpg

rod185651
27-01-2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the advice rocket,
yeah thats my model, I don't mind doing a few mods to make her fit (Specially if it involves grinding and cutting)just hate doing things the hard way, so appreciate any advice I can get. So thanks again Rocket.I am also open to any suggestions to more suitable rear ends, to be honest the original is just too chunky for my liking. I have been searching for Gixxer and R1 tails so far as I like their profile.
cheers Rod