PDA

View Full Version : Gsxr1100 '92 cams (shimmed)

Hagarr
12-06-2013, 05:51 PM
wel, well, well!

Just sorting through some stuff for my 1216 Turbo motor and about to start fitting cams (Stock Shimmed type twin lobe not tappett) and notice cams aren't drilled trough their length!!!!

Anybody come across this??

Whoops forgot to mention these are replacements I bought for the originals of which the lobes were damaged and sold as 750 Stage II Yoshi grind which equates to STD 1100 specs basically.

oldskool
12-06-2013, 10:25 PM
shouldn't be a shimmed should be adjusters.

Hagarr
12-06-2013, 10:46 PM
I've played with a couple of Oil Boilers Oldfool and I've only found the twin lobes on the '92 (M last of the Oil Cooled), not saying they didn't come in something else of course.

My main piece of surprise was the cams I boughet to replace I've only just noticed aren't drilled!!!

The '91 (L) has the adjusters and I've seen this on a couple of other 1127 engines of the same model so, again surprised not so much they are shim or adjusters (you may be correct), but more the replacements aren't drilled??????

I always thought GSX were non drilled as they fed oil from the crankcase up the studs similar to old Zed but with the Gixxer and external lines feeding top end always seen them as drilled, maybe I'm missing something.

Cams wer 750 Stage II so could be '89/90 model which might have been that way, Dunno!!!

oldskool
12-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Well there ya go Hagard.

Hagarr
13-06-2013, 05:27 PM
well there ya go hagard.

lol :)