PDA

View Full Version : The CBR900RR

BOBBY
06-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Where to start???

Maybe here http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?11172-Nicks-Blade&highlight=Nick76

Nick done an awesome job with this bike doing most of the hard work so I decided to leave it mostly as he left it.

Since taking ownership I haven't done a great deal. I had dramas with the wiring and placement of some components that the original owner had moved. It was a real headache but got it sorted and it's now reliable enough to ride all day everyday.
I had a few hiccups with the jetting also which I have fixed by putting a baffle infront of the airbox. These bikes weren't fed with a ram air setup and since there's no fairings and the snorkels were missing from the air box any speed above 100km/h would screw the jetting right up and it wouldn't run right.

I've also changed the exhaust a few times as well. I think Nick's design looked the best however it was plague with a rattle I couldn't fix so I was forced to remove it. It may make a return in the future if I can fix it but for now I'm running a Dan moto carbon can that sounds really good and the bike is running excellent so I'll leave it for now.

I've just finished painting the bike. I stumbled upon this paint called plasti dip. Wicked concept. The paint is actually rubber and when it sets you can peel it off like a vinyl wrap. I wasn't too sure about painting over the airbrushing so thought this would be the ideal way to change the colour.

Anyway that's where I'm at basically. I keep tinkering but mostly ride it.
I've got a hankering for boost so I'm looking into that.

I'll keep youse posted.

nick76
06-06-2013, 11:10 PM
I loved that bike! It handled awesome!!
Looks good all black too!!
All you need to do now,is to take some pics with near naked girlies on it and post it on that facey page you have happening!!!

BOBBY
07-06-2013, 11:08 AM
There's some proper pics coming soon. Just gotta find some time.

BOBBY
11-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Progress pics of the plasti dip going on. Don't really have to worry about over spray too much as it'll just peel off.
It has a rubber texture once dry. Also a fairly forgiving paint to apply. It settles and doesn't run really easy.