PDA

View Full Version : Will it fit?

Unicorn
04-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Can someone help, looked for info on Ron Ayers but couldnt find it.
Need to know if I can use a 96 bandit front end on an 81 gs850?

Thanks blokes

fimpBIKES
04-06-2013, 01:00 PM
im sure someone knows better but from what i have heard the bandit forks are often used on period race bikes cos they are larger diameter but still right-way-up
anyone confirm this?

your talking about sliding a complete front end into the headstock yeah?

Unicorn
04-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Yeah a complete front end transplant

TurboKat
04-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Easy conversion Pete, you need to put the GS stem in the Blandit bottom clamp, if the steering stems don't swap straight over it's just a matter of turning up a top hat bush or boring a hole out a bit.
Steering stops may be another matter, there's nothing too dramatic involved there though.

Iceman
04-06-2013, 01:43 PM
you can fit nearly any thing onto anything. it all depends on the amount of mucking around you want to do. I have a 08 busa front end on my pop up katana, just had to find the right bearings

Hillsy
04-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Same bearings - piece of piss.

https://www.allballsracing.com/index.php/forkconversion

oldskool
04-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Easy conversion Pete, you need to put the GS stem in the Blandit bottom clamp, if the steering stems don't swap straight over it's just a matter of turning up a top hat bush or boring a hole out a bit.
Steering stops may be another matter, there's nothing too dramatic involved there though.

What this fine fellow said but with no boring or bushing needed.

Hillsy
04-06-2013, 08:13 PM
If the Blandit stem is longer then the GS stem all you need is a spacer or two to shim the bearings. If the GS stem is longer, then you will either need to swap that into the Blandit triple or lengthen / have a new Blandit stem made up. Bearings are the same for both bikes. Then you need to think about steering stops - but that's the least of your worries.