PDA

View Full Version : Clutch slipping

Richd
13-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Hi all,
On the SV1000 I'm running a ZX14 radial master due to space restrictions.......and it matches the front brake!! Anyway it bleeds up fine, has super smooth action and is generally spot on other than EVERY time I've ridden the bike it gradually loses freeplay to the point where the clutch slips.
The clutch itself is mint, has beefier springs and is NOT the problem. I have to pull the lever in, crack the bleeder on the m/c, let some fluid out to get back the right freeplay then it gradually does it again.
What's up with that? Wrong hydraulic ratio or what? Wouldn't have thought so.
Any thoughts would be outstanding

Hillsy
13-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Partially blocked return port in the master, perhaps? Those return port holes are pretty small and don't take a lot of grit to block.

Redmohawk
13-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Got the rubber cap on correctly under the lid ? Its easy enough to muck up fitting em when you change fluid etc if its all up the shit or lid breather is blocked it will slowly pressurise system and your in the boat made of barbed wire in a smelly creek.

Deano
13-05-2013, 07:16 PM
What res are you running? Needs to have a bladder in it or it builds up pressure within the system

Richd
13-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Yep good one, haven't checked to see if the res breather is blocked and to be honest have the poor old res cable tied to the bars all wonky still.
I'll pull it off tomorrow and have a squizz at the rubber cap as well. So is the cap not being able to breathe about the only thing that causes this? Very easy fix if so and thanks lads.

PS Redmohawk- finally got that supercharger..........cheers for the tips those 2 odd years ago.