PDA

View Full Version : New Build ducati twin from scratch

6ixCreation
06-05-2013, 12:49 AM
Starting a new build (first one on this site). Just thought I would see what people think of my design.

Redmohawk
06-05-2013, 07:25 AM
Nice drawing seems you know your way around a puter, how about dropping a line in the intro section letting us know what your story is. Before the sharks start to turn up, Ps welcome to the site.

fimpBIKES
06-05-2013, 12:25 PM
its hard to judge not knowing where the engine mounting points will be
what components you planning to use?

wackyrider
06-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Welcome mate, as the boys said if you could introduce your self here would be better -> http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?39-Welcome-To-The-Madness

A little more info would def be required as Fimp said. Look forward to your updates.

kiwi kdx
06-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Drawing looks good mate, do you really want to ruin it with a Ducati paper weight?

latheboy
07-05-2013, 09:09 AM
That's a good concept start, are you going to cut and weld each pipe or are you going to great the main chassis pipes bent?

Don't waste your time drawing the forks and wheels, just download them and spend you time and effort working on the chassis.

ozzy1100
07-05-2013, 10:08 AM
The legal side is what I'm interested in????
Btw there are some fantastic resources and forums etc about
custom frames. What are you basing geometry off, like to see the style
of jig etc you intend to use that's where the fun is

6ixCreation
14-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Here's the latest change to my design.
Charcoal and Red Orange. Changed to clip ons which I think look heaps better.

latheboy
15-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Swingarm to frame axle looks a bit on the small side Dylan, I'd be making that Ø20mm.

I don't know your skills with tools but I think you should get the main chassis pipes CNC bent, then weld in the cross braces.

6ixCreation
16-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Mocked up an engine not exactly to scale but good enough for an idea. I think I will get the tubes cnc bent make it neater and more accurate. Need to get better CAD first.

TonyOW31
16-05-2013, 07:47 AM
Mocked up an engine not exactly to scale but good enough for an idea. I think I will get the tubes cnc bent make it neater and more accurate. Need to get better CAD first.

Where did you find the model of the Ducati engine?

latheboy
16-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Is that google sketch up?

fimpBIKES
16-05-2013, 02:43 PM
i'd say he has scaled a photo to suit from the look of it?
may i suggest that if you do have an engine model that is "not exactly to scale" then dont make it look so realistic

missleading models that look finished but are full of wrong dimensions are worse than useless and incredibily counterproductive!

sen
19-05-2013, 11:04 AM
i'd say he has scaled a photo to suit from the look of it?
may i suggest that if you do have an engine model that is "not exactly to scale" then dont make it look so realistic

missleading models that look finished but are full of wrong dimensions are worse than useless and incredibily counterproductive!

Can see the wireframe on it, so he's just used a basic low-poly model of the motor and put the photos of the engine as textures on the sides to make it look more realistic at a glance.

And yeah looks like Sketchup.