PDA

View Full Version : Getting rego

meister
22-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Hi guys,
Forgive the noobiness of this post.

I just bought an old R1 from interstate so I'm assuming I need to get a blue slip. Any suggestions of where around the Castle Hill or Pennant Hills area?

BTW. I'm going to swap in a legal headlight and a stock exhaust but do I need to worry about extending the rear fender?
Also, what sort of mirrors can I get away with. Are bar end mirrors legal it is all about size?

Thanks

hooligan
22-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Even though i live around there, i have no idea about where to get a blue slip, my advice would be go to a car place, they are less picky.
Is it currently registered in another state, and is it standard at the moment?
This is where pics of what the bike looks like would help.

meister
22-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the reply.

It's relatively standard except for:
- Renthal bars / CNC clams etc.
- No mirrors!
- Rubbish Headlight
- Suprisingly quite Slip-on pipe
- Rear fender trimmed down

I have an E-marked Headlight I can install. I also got hold of a stock exhaust although the valve probably crapped itself so I was thinking of temporarily wiring it part closed...assuming I even need to change it?

Not many pics yet...hope one uploads

hooligan
22-04-2013, 01:28 PM
So is it registered at the moment? Has it ever been written off?

meister
22-04-2013, 02:15 PM
It had Vic rego at the time of purchase but the seller was told be Vic Roads to take the plates off. Bit of a pain so I'm not sure where that leaves me now.
I ran the usual checks at the time and it came up fine, no write offs, no finance etc,

ALBI
22-04-2013, 05:31 PM
yellow pages matey, find a car shop that does blue slips "auvis" and you will have to book in !
as long as it dont look the dogs balls just leave the light on , and if they ask why the renthal bars , just call them comfort bars as you have a dicky back and cant bend over for too long !
and if they ask is it a fighter , just say huh ?? its just a bike to comute on !!
the blue slip is a identity check basicly , the frame and engine no gets checked to make sure they are legit " font style, and height of numbers, then they will check the safty of bike ie; lights, zorst,power wires etc to make sure it is safe etc .

Gix11
22-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Judging by the photo mate, the bike looks a bit big for you. Oh, and welcome aboard.

meister
24-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the replies guys,

I'll get this sorted when I get back late next week.
The deal with the wife was I get the bike and she gets a holiday...pretty cool since I really get both!

wackyrider
24-04-2013, 08:10 AM
I know in Vic you will def need to extend the rear fender as well. It has to come down till it's inline with 45deg from the rear axle