PDA

View Full Version : red bull for the trench wench

hyofighter
15-04-2013, 04:10 PM
ozzy got me thinking of a 2 step for the trench wench , and i kinda like the idea , i see dyna do a kit that will do this as well as ignition curves but are there other alternatives in the 2 step world , is there a budget way , bite the bullet and go full house , does anyone have something they want to off load

so the bike is going well and a few my hp's would be nice as leaving is second it pulled well but you can still tell she is labouring hard , so here http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184843&page=2 half way down the page is a do it your self ignition advancer and after smashing the googles i find most say more pull and torque and a few say they lost some of the top end , has anyone done it here whats your thoughts , i run 98 in it too

ozzy1100
15-04-2013, 07:56 PM
there are a few places doing 2 steps eg dyna, msd etc widly used in drag raceing
if it was me id just use one that interfaced with your stock sparks(intercept etc) but really comes down to how far in the future you want to go. keeping it cheep and easy is what i would do.
get the 2 step running so you can dail your start and then think about what u where and how u want the power down.
i noticed on some of your vids u are leaveing at diff rpm every time and that changes how it runs for the 1st 1/4 of run
to me it sounds to be doing the job well and looks like the only place people are getting u is to 1/2 track.
good to see your already getting a handle on what spring and trye pres will do for a run, but with shaft drive u cant change the gearing tho it dont sound far out.
get it set up (just think if u leave at right rmp and wheel spin how fast your top end will end up :-)and wining then just add a small amount of blue bottle would be the cheepest way for more grunt....
keep it simple...

Redmohawk
15-04-2013, 08:49 PM
You could make a hard chop unit with a cheap (secondhand or ebay special) shift light and a relay on your engine kill switch, if you want to do it on the very cheap. Just wire the shift light power through the clutch switch set the shift light at the rpms you want when the light turns on it opens relay and kills motor.

Better off the shelf units retard the ignition is prob less harsh on the motor, but eather will work pritty much the same way for what your trying to do. Blue bottle is the quickest instant Hp increase , and would make 3rd feel like 2nd .

hyofighter
15-04-2013, 09:05 PM
have spoke with hagarr about the blue bottle a few times and im liking the idea but I want to get a bit more saddle time and it a bit more dialled before I get giggling , ozzy in the last video with the on board looking back at me a few runs there are really on the limiter but I do chop it back a bit probably in fear of it flipping but soft launches are harder to control im guessing because its not cutting its own rut and its seems to run up others and the bike is even more over the place but a angry launch is a bit more manageable it just digs and goes , tyres well im running a tube in the back still and im tempted to run it tube less so I can lower the pressure more with out worrying about ripping the valve off the tube , red I like the idea with the relay and I did find something similar on the googles , food for thought , any info on the ignition advancing

hyofighter
15-04-2013, 10:14 PM
http://omextechnology.co.uk/page136.html might of found something

Redmohawk
15-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Ign advance no idea , suck n see I'd say. But the bottle wont like that , it's happyer with a little cut back.

That would do the trick nicely .

Jed
16-04-2013, 01:02 PM
http://omextechnology.co.uk/page136.html might of found something

Hyo

There is someone selling an MSD one of these on "Dragbike" forum for $100. I was looking at buying it for the ZXR but am going a different way now.

Cheers, Jed