PDA

View Full Version : What should I do....

Tim
11-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Due to Circumstances outside my control I am questioning what to do with my r6 project.

I was planning something along the lines of this with my own flare to it
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=4033&d=1363345545

but now wondering if i should just turn it into a track bike,so i dont need to worry about VIV issues and save a bit of money before selling it(and maybe increasing the potential buying market?).

problem with doing this is that i have started to cut/shave a couple of mounting tabs off. I believe it maybe possible to have someone lathe something up and have it welded into place?

blue is the tabs red is whats left mid shaving

Other options
strip and sell (leaving me with a frame and potentially a heap of other odd parts)
stunt it
slowly continue build and rego it in Tassie?

all opinions and options welcomed

ALBI
11-04-2013, 05:11 PM
well if ya gunna sell it , just sell it dont fuck around with !!
otherwise if you bin it on track you wont sell it !!
and if you modify frame and try to sell it may lower the price??
if ya stunt it are you still going to sell later on ??

just harden up ,finish bike and get rego and come to NFR!!

xa-mont
11-04-2013, 06:04 PM
just harden up ,finish bike and get rego and come to NFR!!

I concur... control those motherfucking circumstances and make it happen.

Tim
14-04-2013, 12:18 AM
cheers guys. I really just need something to have some fun with/tinker and get away from the other annoyences life comes with. Im fighting the circumstances best i can, but they limit my potential income atleast for now, what wasnt on the board when i took on this project.

ALBI
16-04-2013, 04:57 PM
mate im married with 3 kids and mother now living with me,mortgage x 2
i make a bit from here and a bit from there do a deal here do a deal there " no not drugs "
do wat ever it takes mate sometimes a wee bit from pay before the handbrake get it !!

wackyrider
17-04-2013, 07:32 AM
Well, the VIV is the ony issue as most of the places you take the bike too want the bike as per manufacturers standard, which is stupid as VIV stands for Vehicle Identification Verification. Basically all they should check is if the bike has abd stolen parts on it, hence needing all the receipts and photos documenting the re-build. You also have to do a RWC, so I don't know why the VIV guys are suck pricks.

Trav (xa-mont) got told to repaint a set of side fairings as they were not the pre-accident colour. The fairings were in mint condition, but the guy wouldn't accept them. He made him paint them (rattle can) and then passed the bike.

Tim
17-04-2013, 09:50 AM
thats where I see Ill get stuck if I do.

Had I been thinking things through I would of left the tabs, built the bike stripped it and put everything from the blue bike on(say something about tracking the blue bike?)

Tassie doesnt have Viv and i still have an address down there. so i guess if it comes to that ill be going back on the boat..

Jed
18-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Sell it and buy a Kwaka;)

wackyrider
18-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Just rego it in Tassie then. Problem solved

fimpBIKES
19-04-2013, 12:37 PM
trackbikes rule!!!! fuck rego and insurance :S