PDA

View Full Version : Setting heaadlight height

wackyrider
01-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Ok peoples, who can tell me the required height that the low beam must be set at what distance?

kiwi kdx
01-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Mate if you go into any RWC workshop threy should have a beamsetter
But i really dont think they even check anymore, as my ktm had a RWC a few weeks back
And they passed it with the headlight in upside down!

Or if u go on vic roads website and search for motorcycle modifacatiin guidlines, that will tell u all things legal.

When u up here mate?

Redmohawk
01-04-2013, 08:33 PM
When the cage driver coming the other way swerves violently off the other side of the road to avoid you it just about right.

wackyrider
01-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Mate if you go into any RWC workshop threy should have a beamsetter
But i really dont think they even check anymore, as my ktm had a RWC a few weeks back
And they passed it with the headlight in upside down!

Or if u go on vic roads website and search for motorcycle modifacatiin guidlines, that will tell u all things legal.

When u up here mate?

I'll be there for my first stint next week. Will be doing 2 weeks Qld & 2 weeks Vic for a few months. We'll try to catch up for a beer bud

Tim
01-04-2013, 10:49 PM
This is all i could find.(mravic website or something)
adr's etc were useless

You will need to have this checked at a shop for your model bike, but it will help you when stuck

Getting a correctly aimed headlight is straightforward. You need to make a couple of measurements and then aim the light at a flat wall, as follows:

With the bike on its wheels and you astride, have a helper measure the distance from the floor to the center of the headlight lens.

Pick a flat wall where you can locate the bike on level ground so the headlight is 17 feet from the wall. Place a horizontal mark on the wall two (2) inches lower than the height of the center of the headlight.

The headlight beam (on low beam) should be relatively flat on the top, and may rise rather sharply at the right edge. Adjust the headlight vertically so that the flat top of the beam is just up to that line (marked two inches down at 17 feet).

Horizontal adjustment should center the beam ahead of the line of the bike.
Sorry today was a head fuck!

Redmohawk
02-04-2013, 07:11 AM
Getting a correctly aimed headlight is straightforward. You need to make a couple of measurements and then aim the light at a flat wall, as follows:

With the bike on its wheels and you astride, have a helper measure the distance from the floor to the center of the headlight lens.

Pick a flat wall where you can locate the bike on level ground so the headlight is 17 feet from the wall. Place a horizontal mark on the wall two (2) inches lower than the height of the center of the headlight.

The headlight beam (on low beam) should be relatively flat on the top, and may rise rather sharply at the right edge. Adjust the headlight vertically so that the flat top of the beam is just up to that line (marked two inches down at 17 feet).

That would be for the american market, distance/angle prob about right. But our lights should throw high to the left (makes it easyer to see Roo's on the side of the road)

Tim
02-04-2013, 09:41 AM
I thought the 17feet might of given it away. :p

Shouldnt the horizontal throw be taken care of with the lens? (well in theory) but you are right the mravic guys (and sleepy me are wrong)

wackyrider
02-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Cheers guys. And TIm all good, the bike's up and running now so I'm happy

Redmohawk
02-04-2013, 11:27 AM
I thought the 17feet might of given it away. :p

Shouldnt the horizontal throw be taken care of with the lens? (well in theory) but you are right the mravic guys (and sleepy me are wrong)

Your not wrong , it was spot on (just the Aus lense will throw to the left) . If people read it and assume somethings wrong it would cause all kinds of shit.

wackyrider
02-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Well, my h/light being from Germany might still throw to the right.....

Redmohawk
02-04-2013, 11:45 AM
If its for the german market it will, if its for the UK you'll be right.

wackyrider
02-04-2013, 11:46 AM
I bought it off ebay Germany, so we'll see. lol