PDA

View Full Version : fzr1000 problems

satanstls
16-01-2008, 06:15 AM
rode wifes exup 27 miles motor way then cutt out at roundabout started ratting would not rev over 1000 revs left 5 mins started nursed home rattingling sound top end to me did 6 miles running turned off started again would not rev over 1k .thinking big ends ? dropped valve would be missing on 1 ?

pommie02
16-01-2008, 07:23 AM
not good mate...they dont usually drop valves, big end ! you would get a knock from the engine. if something was broken it probably would not run. i would do a compression test first.make sure you have got oil going to the cams...they do have problems with oil pumps

satanstls
16-01-2008, 07:46 AM
will look week end thanks for help hope it aint terminal

Hillsy
16-01-2008, 09:31 AM
From what you're describing (top end noise, won't rev over 1K), it's possible one of the cams has jumped a tooth (or 2) on the camchain.

satanstls
17-01-2008, 06:00 AM
thanks again for help will look wk end will check above hope not to bad wife going ape and summers coming

Booster
17-01-2008, 07:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by Hillsy

From what you're describing (top end noise, won't rev over 1K), it's possible one of the cams has jumped a tooth (or 2) on the camchain.

My first guess too, if it actually dropped a valve you don't think "i wonder if i should turn this off" its loud and nasty, and brings back bad memorys [xx(]
whatever it is check it before running again, and if its the chain check the valves for straightness , probably have to replace a few..