PDA

View Full Version : Shiny New Pussy - Razorback's New Kat

Razorback
15-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Kat that is :D

Its been a bloody epic getting a the Kat I want. I bought that stocker back in about August and got the shits with how much work it was going to be what with forks and swingarms etc etc.... So I saw another on on Ebay with a lot of mods already done. In fact it used to belong to a former member here.... Gold one with an 1170 motor...

Well I was fairly happy with it but it was a bit slow and a bit rough and handeled like your mother when shes pissed [B)]

So then I saw this one... waited until it didnt sell and made an offer... and now I have saved myself a LOT of work because this one has been extremely professionaly done. Everywhere you look on it is attention to detail. The more I study it the more things I see that I would not have done as well as whoever built it.

Its an EFE motor with a 1229 kit and a few other bits and peices. It fucken romps... I cant believe the power. On the down side its a total pig around town and just refuses to allow you to find neutral while the engine is running.... but you forget all that when you hit 100kmh and the sleeping beast awakes and becomes a light, nimble and very enjoyable bike to ride... Its just not happy unless its moving.

I still want to do quite a bit to it.... but as a starter.... its exactly what I should have bought in the first place.

By the way (I know this isnt the spot) but if anyone wants to talk to me about the gold one... I still have it and it has to go so just email me...

Happy New Year!! [}:)]

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/47671430392509.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/47671430386436.jpg

BANDITROD
15-01-2008, 12:04 PM
nice pussy razorback i reckon i saw your old bandit on a trailer while i was heading down to the gp last year was it you or the new owner mate cos i was gunna head back but i couldn't find anywhere to turn around cheers Rod

zx12argh
15-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Nice kat there razorback - deffinately worth the effort in tracking it down.

Razorback
15-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Yeah I heard my old Bandit sodl for $5000 on ebay... I would have bought the bastard back if I had seen it LOL.... I got $7500 for it ... the other guy must have dropped it or something to lose that much in like 18 months...

This Kat is really something pretty special. It would have to be a good 30-50kg lighter than your avergae stocker... when you get on it and go to heave it around you quickly realise it feels like your on a 250. The handling is something else and with the power its got... a better rider than me could drift it very reliably I would have thought... I always shit myself and back off as soon as I feel it letting go.

Im probably going to just run this motor to death then go for a late model Bandit donk... The body is so close to perfect there just sisnt much I could do to improve on it apart from cosmetics. Its a nice position to be in. The mono shock is really well done too... just prolly gonna lose that hugger and the rear footpegs and shorten that pipe a bit...

TurboKat
15-01-2008, 01:45 PM
S.E.X. [:p]

scotty mac
15-01-2008, 02:26 PM
very sweet[:p][:p]. the mono shock n usd's look the duck's.[^]

Watto
15-01-2008, 02:38 PM
very nice mate

Gix11
15-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Fucking typical. I just go an slag off the Katana's looks in another thread and then you bring this in. That looks fucking great!

The Gold one was Popcorn Octane's, then Ozkat's, then someone elses. Who know's how many have been through that bike?

TurboKat
15-01-2008, 06:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Fucking typical. I just go an slag off the Katana's looks in another thread and then you bring this in. That looks fucking great!

*smug grin*

EFE 1230
15-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Very nice piece of pussy you got there!!...but.. quote " I'm probably just going to run this motor to death then go for a late model bandit donk" Mate unless you run it out of oil or valve bounce it every where the EFE motor will outlast the rest of the bike!!! Keep it old skool air cooled:D:D:D

Razorback
16-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Yeah EFE, I can tell it would take some kiling... It just pulls and pulls and then you open it up and it pulls some more.. Its a blast to ride!!

fimpBIKES
16-01-2008, 11:59 AM
[:x]

moog
16-01-2008, 01:33 PM
That's a beut...
About the not going into neutral....sounds like you might have some warped clutch plates, or maybe ridges inside the clutch basket, stopping the plates from releasing properly

Razorback
16-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks Moog... you could be right... I have a new heavy duty clutch that came with it sitting in a box in my workshop. The previous owner was gonna install it and never got around to it. So Im going to try it as we have taken the adjestment out as far as we dare already. Its a small issue consdiering. But Id like to be able to pose around town on it without have to break my fingers holding the clutch in at every set of lights.

TurboKat
16-01-2008, 02:53 PM
If the motor's had lots of work done, it's more likely that the gearbox dogs have been undercut for more positive shifting/no engine killing false neutrals, it makes them hard to disengage into neutral but it's a small price to pay.

Large
16-01-2008, 04:25 PM
ZZZIIIIINNNNGG!!!!!111!!!!1

Elemental
23-01-2008, 09:29 AM
The fascination with shinys crosses over :p

Razorback
23-01-2008, 10:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Elemental

The fascination with shinys crosses over :p

Its an in joke guys [:I]

*waves*