PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see this in the Weekend Bulletin?

zx12argh
15-01-2008, 07:35 AM
Whoever wrote this add really knows how to connect to riders.:(
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/47671403269456.JPG

Hillsy
15-01-2008, 09:09 AM
And they wonder why we have contempt for the government.....

zx12argh
15-01-2008, 12:15 PM
I dont think thats local government - i think its an external interest group. I cant find any info about them on the web...

Gix11
15-01-2008, 03:09 PM
That looks like the work of the know it all, lame arsed, pen pushing wankers at Gold Coast Bulletin. You know the sort, never even sat on a bike, but know all about the people who ride them and if the world was as they write we'd all have Volvos and enjoy Sea FM. Fuck sticks.

ozkat
15-01-2008, 03:14 PM
I reckon a mass ride to the gold coast bulliten by all bike riders in S/E QLD should get their attention. This kid of shit really gets up my nose.

Chris41
15-01-2008, 04:40 PM
quote:zx12argh Wrote, I dont think thats local government - i think its an external interest group. I cant find any info about them on the web...

I tried to find something about them too, nothing. Must be as Si says just pen pushing wankers making up a name that sounds official to lend some legitimacy to their claim, almost fraud in my opinion.

Chris

Tone
15-01-2008, 05:22 PM
"Built up areas" nice qualifier!
Wonder how many of em smoke?
Or drink and drive!
Fucking cynics,eunuchs in a brothel!

Weaselman
15-01-2008, 06:17 PM
ok lets email spam them

xb9r
15-01-2008, 06:44 PM
The bully is full of wankers there only doing to fill up pages

15-01-2008, 06:59 PM
What a fucking crock of shit. Where's the empathy for those that have lost friends and family. Fucking cunts.....Just cos I ride doesn't mean I use excessive speed in built up areas....

I'm fucking ropable.....

MA GET ALL MY GUNS

Weaselman
15-01-2008, 07:09 PM
just another society wanker who bends to sterio types.
I wear a vest and it has patches on it so what?
I get it from the cops all the time when i take my chop out. But if the pigs and the socaial zombies leaned a little closer they'd see 99% of the patches and badges i got are from the charity rides and friggin blanket and toy runs ive been on in my years.

But that ad is the perfect example of narrow minded society being hazed by the squids.

"When we do right no one remembers. When we do wrong no one forgets"

WATEVR
15-01-2008, 09:05 PM
what a fucken wankerish bloody thing to do?? problem is everyone is to busy worrying about other people business instead of having a look at there own.

zx12argh
15-01-2008, 09:31 PM
anyone want to chip in and get our own add in? I reckon we could write something that gets more attention ;)

Zbike
15-01-2008, 10:01 PM
woot so whats it pay?

BANDITROD
15-01-2008, 10:04 PM
sounds like fun pete what did you have in mind

oldskool
15-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Been down the cemetery no one there just dead bankers.
Better to burn out than fade away!

Jockney Rebel
15-01-2008, 10:33 PM
i reckon a publized "good deed"run would be more effective...... Easters comin up . or Anzac day would prove to the masses that these wankers dont know what their talking about. nice slow ride thru the streets raisng money for victims of hit and run/drunken car drivers or summat

BANDITROD
16-01-2008, 11:02 AM
good idea jim

fimpBIKES
16-01-2008, 11:37 AM
looks like that was written by the same ignorant cunts who picked outside abortion clinics

Gix11
16-01-2008, 02:13 PM
There's a new one in todays edition. This time with the heading "WHEN'S DADDY COMING HOME?" and a piece of shit 125/250 laid on it's side on the grass with a woman and a kid walking away from it. Yea, so I'm going to read that and do what exactly?

fimpBIKES
16-01-2008, 02:23 PM
In NSW the RTA has been doing a campaign which tells riders to "plan your corners"

i cannot for the life of me think of another group of road users that would put as much thought/practice into the art of cornering than us!?!?!?!??!!

sharky
16-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Just sent them an email suggesting that they stop these ad's or they may find m/cyclists that advertise with them withdrawing and any decent biker will stop buying their paper.
I'll let you know their response.....

Maybe we should pass this on to other bike groups and then once the sales and ad's slow they might realise....:(

Pommy Chopper
16-01-2008, 03:35 PM
I've posted this on the Choppers Australia forum.
There's a load of letters being written to the paper and the council.
Does anyone know who the fuck the Motorcycle safety steering committee is??
Who's behind it and what these cunts are about??

Pommy Chopper
16-01-2008, 03:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

There's a new one in todays edition. This time with the heading "WHEN'S DADDY COMING HOME?" and a piece of shit 125/250 laid on it's side on the grass with a woman and a kid walking away from it. Yea, so I'm going to read that and do what exactly?

Can you scan it and post it Si??
Or email it to me??
Cheers'en.

Gix11
16-01-2008, 04:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by Pommy Chopper

quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Can you scan it and post it Si??
Or email it to me??
Cheers'en.

Shit, sorry mate, I saw it in the Cafe at lunch, just flicked through and it was on the first page inside. I'll see if I can get a copy on the way home, .......unless anyone else has one?

Pommy Chopper
16-01-2008, 04:31 PM
I've just emailed these 2 kburton@goldcoast.qld.gov.au; lnoonan@goldcoast.qld.gov.au

They're on the Safer Motorcycle Advanced Rider Training (SMART) Program.....

I've asked if the steering com. is anything to do with the council.

We'll see.

Cheers all.

zx12argh
16-01-2008, 06:42 PM
If the person who writes these adds doesn't wear a driving hat or own a Toyota Camry I will make love to a fat man.

Pommy Chopper
17-01-2008, 03:40 PM
OK men this is the latest!!!
Gold Coast bulletin have not replied to my request as to who posted the Ad. no surprises there.

So i had this;

Hi Shaun

My name is Graham Bilton and I am the manager of the Traffic Management & Operations Branch at the Gold Coast City Council. First up let me say that the Gold Coast Motorcycle Safety Steering Committee is no way part of Council's road safety programme. Furthermore, everyone here involved in road safety and especially those who ride motorcycles are also unhappy with the ad.

The Gold Coast Motorcycle Safety Steering Committee was formed in November 2007 from a stakeholders meeting facilitated by Queensland Transport's Road Safety Division.

cheers
Graham Bilton

And had a chat with the bloke who's behind the steering committee..............

He rides a bike, ex Copper, and is the manager of the QLD road safety team.
The steering committee is made up of Bike shops, clubs, Police and road safety people.

A very informative chat was had, he has made me see the ad in a bit of a different light, basically they've tried every kind of advertising to try to get the message across to riders to stop them killing themselves.
He's had to go to people's houses to tell the family that a family member has died on a bike as part of his old job. And i guess he got pretty sick of it!!

He's incredibly passionate about road safety, and put it to me "how do we stop single vehicle (motorcycle) fatal accidents during daylight hours"?
He said that the Mount Glorious road when it opened was classed as the most dangerous piece of road in Aus so far as deaths per KM are concerned!! More and more "born again bikers" (my words not his) of 30+ years old are dying in single vehicle accidents.

So in a nutshell, they're desperate to find a way to stop people dying on bikes. So desperate in fact that they basically don't care if anyone is offended by the Ad. because look at the discussion this Ad has created!!!!
So in effect it's worked, and if it means that one person doesn't die, one family doesn't have to be told that they need to book a hearse then it's worth it.

So of anyone has any ideas about how to slow the amount of motorcycle related deaths then lets hear it!!!

That's it!!

Cheers all.

Pommy Chopper
17-01-2008, 03:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

If the person who writes these adds doesn't wear a driving hat or own a Toyota Camry I will make love to a fat man.

He rides a bike mate.......
Best you go and find a Fat Bloke and get humping......
Wanna see it on youtube too!!!:D

sharky
17-01-2008, 03:57 PM
See Chopweeza's (ex)mate...sure he'd oblige [xx(]

Hillsy
17-01-2008, 04:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Pommy Chopper

quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

He rides a bike mate.......
Best you go and find a Fat Bloke and get humping......
Wanna see it on youtube too!!!:D

He might still wear a driving hat....or own a Camry.............

I think you're outta luck Pete.....:(

Hmmmm....shock tactics to stop the road toll?? Fucken hell, haven't we had enough of that shit? It doesn't work (and neither does putting disected lungs and gangrene feet on cig packets stop people smoking).
The only message this is sending the public (other than pissing people off) is that they don't have any idea what they're doing.

_M_
17-01-2008, 06:00 PM
My personal beef with this add is not the fact that it has insulted my integrity as a rider (it clearly stated MOTORCYCLIST and not CRAZY LUNATIC) but the associated image and stigma and subsequent predjudice against me on the road. I already have to put up with moronic, blind, self indulged drones in their cages, I shouldn't have to put up with people swerving, baiting and scaring the shite out of me on my daily commute. The reinforcement of the publics predjudice against us doesn't stop deaths but puts my life at risk.
This I can't and shouldn't have to stand for.

fimpBIKES
18-01-2008, 02:54 PM
i dont care who he is, or what he's achieved in life

he's trying to tell me how to live my life, so he can go get fucked

the end

zx12argh
18-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Hmm yeah i'm going for the camry or riding hat... it might still save my arse.

I have nothing against shock tactics or doing anything to save a life. I've come as close as you can without being seriously injured or killed in an accident - its still put me out of action for 8 weeks. It makes me feel sick just thinking about someone getting taken out so anyone involved in fatals has my deepest sympathy.

What I do have a problem with is anything that puts motorcyclists in a negative light. A non-motorcyclist reads this add and instantly associates 2 wheels with menace and reduces the respect we receive from 4 wheelers. Lack of respect = lack of courtesy. Lack of courtesy = more riders in dangerous situations in 60kmph zone. Highest rate of deaths amongst motorcyclist are in 60kmph built up areas.

If the aim is really to reduce fatalities amongst born again riders they should do something a bit more targeted such as petition for increased sign posting in high risk areas or getting people out and talking to motorcyclist at cafes at glorious etc.

All this add does is make anyone riding around the gold coast look like an asshole.

Ok rant over. :D

Learnatic
19-01-2008, 09:40 AM
The Gold Coast Councils SMART program is an excellent idea.The people who run it really do care and are putting a positive solution out there instead of negative things like offensive ads & lower speed limits.
I have done two of their courses now,they were very well run and have been a huge help to me.The council put their money where their mouth is and sponsor the course so a full day course only costs $45.Since doing them I have had a few near misses that may have been hits without them.They are a fun day out as well and we went over great roads I never knew existed.I would recommend them to any one.I would be keen to go again if anyone wants to make a day of it.?

motogp_nut
21-01-2008, 08:21 PM
I think this is a much better way of advertising:

http://www.espressocomms.com.au/casestudy.php?id=7

I know it's not about bikers riding safely, but more to do with other motorists noticing them, but for fuck's sake, surely the GCMSSC can do a similar ad campaign that's creative and has a POSITIVE impact?

12XBL
12-02-2008, 11:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by motogp_nut

I think this is a much better way of advertising:

http://www.espressocomms.com.au/casestudy.php?id=7

I know it's not about bikers riding safely, but more to do with other motorists noticing them, but for fuck's sake, surely the GCMSSC can do a similar ad campaign that's creative and has a POSITIVE impact?

Now that is the way an ad should be ......... the end credits say it all !