PDA

View Full Version : Could do with some help here for Bandit owners

TheBogyman
15-01-2008, 02:23 AM
i have been getting on well with the build, but i am putting the bike together agin, (see my ride - pimp my bandit) there are some pipes i can find where they go,,i know dopey cunt and all that,,,i have had a few guys round but we're all lost on theis one, below the tank are various rubber pipes for drains and vaccum etc, there i one which think connects to the fuel on/off valve, its a small black rubber pipe which then connects to a white plastic T piece, one end of which goes to the ground and is simply clamped to the frame, but i am fucked if i know where the other end of the T goes,could do with some help on this one, the bandits a 600 K3 2003, hope to hear from someone on this, as for the haynes its useless, and another cd i bought off fleebay, again for fuck all,,,

FIGHTERMC
15-01-2008, 03:01 AM
can you put a pic up mate and
we can have a look at it.
rgds
Frank.

TheBogyman
15-01-2008, 06:55 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/47671397471527.jpg

Probly should have done this in the first place, heres a picture of the pipes i am talking about, the pipes A and B both conect together via the T piece, B i am sure goes to the frame low down, as there are clamp marks to indicate this, as for the other end A, i anit got a clue, i am sure they connect to the tank where i have them pushed on, but again, cant be sure, could someone shed some light on this one, as i a near the blast off stage, i want to get her running before i go to the paint shop, cheers, and frank where do you hail from on the emerald isle?

alfiestorm
15-01-2008, 07:39 AM
So far I have found out it is officially known as a three way water hose.

Got that info from the link below it's a usa site

http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

BANDITROD
15-01-2008, 07:42 AM
there is no t-piece on mine mate and i am sure its just a breather

BANDITROD
15-01-2008, 07:43 AM
actually mate there is no pipe on mine at all so this could be interesting

Bastard
15-01-2008, 08:18 AM
Ok Bogyman did the bike have a scottoiler or similar fitted a dyno jet kit on a mates k series which had a near identical layout chucked it in the bin blocked the pipe at the tank and told the lazy cunt to oil it like every other fucker

TheBogyman
15-01-2008, 08:32 AM
its a posibility bastard, as the bike was fucking stinking with oil all round the front casing, but it was taken off b4 i bought it, i think if i get no more ideas ill block the fucker and see what happens, but keep the answers coming, cheers,,,

FIGHTERMC
15-01-2008, 08:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bastard

Ok Bogyman did the bike have a scottoiler or similar fitted a dyno jet kit on a mates k series which had a near identical layout chucked it in the bin blocked the pipe at the tank and told the lazy cunt to oil it like every other fucker

go with this mate thats what i was thinking
when i put one on my old blade that
was what the set up look like.

Cruisecontrol
15-01-2008, 02:50 PM
It is just a plain old breather hose. At the T junction one hose goes to a simple zip-tie on the subframe and the other heads south to let gravity do its work and just hangs in the breeze near the zorst collector box.

oldskool
15-01-2008, 07:24 PM
the vac hose to the tap comes from one of the carb tops the other three have blank off caps heater hoses where only on euro mods so simple one vac hose and one fuel hose .
Hope that helps

Cruisecontrol
15-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Nah, the hose indicated goes nowhere near the carbs or the fuel petcock.

TheBogyman
15-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Hay thanks dudes, looks like cruise aint that far away, there id a mark on one pipe where a zip tie was b4, and the other one is pretty dirty, indicating its been low down somewhere, so looks like i'm gonna get this think fired up soon,to the shed i go, cheers agin lads,,