PDA

View Full Version : I literally forgot my old username lol. Came back to make an offer before fleabaying.

Forgotmyoldname
18-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Hey all,

I used to be a paying member of this forum about two years ago when I used to ride a modified ZXR750.

Since then I left the bike scene, and (unavoidably?) came back on an 08 Yamaha FZ6n. However, I lost my job in Jan, and unfortunately had a low speed-collision the day after.

I started buying parts but, funds have run out (I've gone back to studying) so now have to sell the bike.
Perhaps when I get another, more stable income I can try again!

But for now it has to go.

Anyways I came back to offer it to you guys before slaving it out to gumtree/ebay. I know I'd like to have seen something like this in a for sale section when I bought my last fighter ;)

I can't post in the sale section though perhaps I should spend some time in general chat complaining about cagers first :P

- Alex

latheboy
18-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Hi, post a pic of your old bike.
It'll help us remember who you are.

Forgotmyoldname
18-03-2013, 01:48 PM
That is a great idea. I'll have a good dig about the old pc when I get home tonight - it shall be a massive undertaking knowin my filing skills.

Challenge accepted.

ALBI
18-03-2013, 03:32 PM
I spose si will work out whom you were or um are .

Deano
18-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Anyone remember sale if the century?

WHO AM I

Hey all,

I used to be a paying member of this forum about two years ago when I used to ride a modified ZXR750.

Since then I left the bike scene, and (unavoidably?) came back on an 08 Yamaha FZ6n. However, I lost my job in Jan, and unfortunately had a low speed-collision the day after.

I started buying parts but, funds have run out (I've gone back to studying) so now have to sell the bike.
Perhaps when I get another, more stable income I can try again!

But for now it has to go.

Anyways I came back to offer it to you guys before slaving it out to gumtree/ebay. I know I'd like to have seen something like this in a for sale section when I bought my last fighter

I can't post in the sale section though perhaps I should spend some time in general chat complaining about cagers first :P

FOR $25 I SAY .............. CHAULKY

EFE 1230
18-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Hi mate, you wern't the bloke who did this to his ZXR...........

"Instead of going with the black colour, I decided to do something different. Bought spray on glue, and sprayed it on the fairings and tank. Stuck camo fabric to the fairings,tank and front mudguard. Here are a few pics-"

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?12543-ZXR750-Streetfighter&highlight=zxr750

I'd "forget" my username and "have trouble" finding pics as well.......................................

Forgotmyoldname
18-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Lol your a harsh lot :D

Nah this is me on the Beast.

Threw in a pic of Bee also (the FZ6).

Yeah my old username was something ZXR related. You know how you get into a bike model...

But I don't remember it - had a diff e-mail and everything back then. So just went with a new one. And prepared myself for the flack ;)

I came here because I know Bee will make a sweet project for someone. No camo allowed though lol.

Tim
18-03-2013, 06:29 PM
$100 on it being "skinner"..

Forgotmyoldname
18-03-2013, 06:39 PM
I can probably give you a hi-five at this point in time but that's about it. Skinner is my last name, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was it.

Problem is now that the e-mail reset is pointing to an e-mail account I closed down last year. So after all that... I'll probs have to stay with this one. :|

Well at least you know who I am/was/are. Bloody confusing but you get it :)

Forgotmyoldname
18-03-2013, 06:42 PM
wait - is it possible for a moderator to change an account's e-mail?

Tim
18-03-2013, 06:48 PM
i am sure one of them can..
here is your build thread
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?12177-Skinners-ZXR750&highlight=skinner

hooligan
18-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Anyone remember sale if the century?

WHO AM I

FOR $25 I SAY .............. CHAULKY

Ha! i really did LOL.

rod185651
18-03-2013, 08:23 PM
wait - is it possible for a moderator to change an account's e-mail?

I tried, but had no joy mate

Forgotmyoldname
18-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Cheers Rod. It's been a while but I do remember advice and work given to me over those months I spent here with the Beast. Good to hear from a familiar name ;)

Reading over the for sale board I;ve now realised I would have to become a full member to post there, which I disagree with doing - purely because membership implies remaining longer than I intend to and contributing to the community over the longer term. I like to think that this is me giving something back though.

So I'll put it on the fleabay (not gonna link t for obvious reasons) then, but I'd rather one of you fellas gets it then someone without the support network to modify it. So if any are interested there, let me know you're from here.

Letting her go for $3k. 08 FZ6 14k kms. Search it on eBay if you're in the market for an easy fixer.

Cheers again for the help, especially for Tim digging up the old build thread. I can't access it, but hey, that is some good effort ;)

Gix11
18-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Hey mate. I can't change your old account to the same email as you have now as email addresses are unique for accounts. Duplicates will not be accepted. What do you want me to do? Make up some bullshit email for this new one and change your old account to your new email address?

Forgotmyoldname
18-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Hey Gix - like I said, I'd be keen if I was coming back to start another build thread, but I'm simply here to give you guys preference when I sell Bee. Even if you change me back (e-mail wise) though, I'm sure my membership would have run out, so for the sake of one 'for sale' post I'd say best not to worry about changing me back. Kinda not the point of being a member :P

Was just trying to get Bee to a new home among other fighters, so I've just referred people just search eBay for a FZ6n near Bris above ^ and told em to let me know they're from here.