PDA

View Full Version : Ninja track convert

GROM
07-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Hey guys i have a 2010 250 ninja laying around in my shed with 11k kms on it and thinking of turning it into my track day tool, what would be in the top of the list to do, already has been

geared up 1tooth on the front
dual compound bridgestone batlax's
K&N high flow filter
Adjustable levers
"double bubble" screen
exhaust
iridium spark plugs
decent brake pads

Yella
07-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Set up the suspension correctly
Work out best gearing for track that you run

Tim
08-03-2013, 03:19 AM
More track time.

race farings, striping of lights/everything else not needed.

fimpBIKES
08-03-2013, 06:31 AM
firm up the suspension and better Tyres then just ride the Fuck out of it

GROM
08-03-2013, 06:37 AM
yeah a new set of race glass was a given but no work on the internals? and as for suspension can i just get the factory stuff done or would you recommend finding some aftermarket stuff?

DCRacing
08-03-2013, 06:58 AM
Hey grom, track time is probably the best thing to get quicker, after that get your suspension sorted. Don't bother with aftermarket ohlins forks etc, just get them revalved and set up for your weight. You can get the rear shock done as well. Or swap it out, most of the late model stuff should be pretty good tho. Good tyres help, just a good current set of sports tyres would be fine for the start.
But just
Get out to the track, Morgan Park is the choice, QR is just a drag strip, avoid it or only do a half day, usually by the time you do half a day there you are wondering what the hell you are doing there.
On a 250 you want to play with corners, they can really corner, light and easy to flick around.
Just my experience, which I think has been said by the others above.

GROM
09-03-2013, 04:30 PM
thanks for your help guys, im currently living in regional QLD, which gives me plenty of time to play with the set up. but will be back in the southeast as of mid year hope to see you out on the track!!

Issues
12-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Mackay Kawasaki race 1, was the fastest 250 when I was up that way. Pretty helpful guys. Might be worth a call.

Hillsy
12-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Do you want to race it in a class or just race for shits and giggles? Shits and giggles = just do the bare minimum and ride the tits off the thing.

But I guess that raises the question - Is there a specific class / competition / spec for these bikes??