PDA

View Full Version : Power Commander, good or bad?

wackyrider
23-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Fitting a K&N to the Gixxer, plus gonna fit a Leo Vince GP Pro muffler on it. Is a Power Commander recommended Is it worth the money? Can the standard ECU be tuned to suit the mods?

Is there another brand I should be looking at? Ivan???

davo
23-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Standard has very little tunabillity.PC is your basic ECU for mild performance upgrades.If you are adding decent boost then you should look at a higher quality fully programable aftermarket ECU

Yella
23-02-2013, 07:34 PM
You can use ECU editior software free you just need to get the interface plug. The only problem is getting soemone with a dyno who knows how to use it most only do Power commanders etc. You can do it yourself just means you need a data logger and time.

Taken from the intro page
What can the ecueditor.com software do? The stock Suzuki Engine ECU contains a lot of advanced features that many owners are not even aware of. The ecueditor.com software allows you to unlock these feature and get the full potential out of your ECU.

Tune and adjust fuel maps (IAP and TPS)
Set RPM limiters and remove top speed limiters
Autotune with data logging to laptop
Tune and adjust the ignition maps
Quickshifter and autoshifting
Turbo fueling and boost control module
Nitrous mapping with ramp up timer and solenoid control
Disable Stock O2 sensor and closed loop functionality
Disable PAIR valve (air bleed into exhaust)
Adjustable Traction Control (slew rate RPM limiter)
Adjustable Launch Control (2 stage RPM limiter)
Programmable launch and shift light
Numerous other advanced tweaks and mods for the serious race bike setup
You can get more info http://ecueditor.com/

Tim
23-02-2013, 08:23 PM
fuck dude go out and enjoy your night!

Tony Nitrous
23-02-2013, 08:43 PM
I have a PC3 on the GSX14, very good.
The GSX14's ECU isn't that high tech if remapping.

Wouldn't put a Powercommander on the B-King,
Factory ECU can be remapped and tweaked way beyond
anything a Powercommander can ever do.

I consider my Gen1 Busa to be somewhere between the
two and either is a viable option.

Horses for courses, some models are better suited than others.

davo
23-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Oh,a Tasmanian just replied. I think the translation reads.."Fuck my Sister while i watch"

Tim
23-02-2013, 08:54 PM
had my second head cut off two weeks ago thanks , He was going out to check out something tonight and I get home and all i see is a whole heap of bike related posts!

Large
23-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Hey Frenchie. Turbocat asked the same question recently and got some interesting answers-

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?24514-Power-comanders&highlight=powercommander

latheboy
23-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Powercommanders are shit. Bike interceptor is the way forward and I've heard a rumor about tuning them but can't drop that yet..

Yellow is on the ball... ecu editor is a great thing, booster told me about it a few years ago .. if anyone knows, its him.