PDA

View Full Version : Detailed wiring diagram for a GSXR K4 1000

wackyrider
23-02-2013, 03:39 PM
As title says I'm looking for a detailed wiring diagram for a K4 Gixxer 1000. I found a diagram, but there are quite a few wired going from the dash to the ECM that it doesn't mention what they are for.

Trying to wire in the new speedo and need this asap. Any help appreciated

NINJAINOZ
23-02-2013, 06:09 PM
Not sure if this one will be of much use but it has all the other stuff you may need at some stage?>

http://www.wotid.com/gsxr/manual/GSXR1000-03-04.pdf

Hit Ctrl + to make the screen bigger if you need

wackyrider
23-02-2013, 06:29 PM
For some reason that page won't open for me.

Is it the same diagram as this??

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx348/wackyrider/Gixxer/wiringdiagramk4_zpsa05bff95.jpg

Tim
23-02-2013, 07:45 PM
you have to left click it and "save as". its just the service manual. wish i thought of this during the week but I could probably get the 5 wires we need identified from a suzuki dealer in tas with only a phone call..

internet whores say:
y/bl = Rpm?
Pink = Speedo sensor
black/red = speedo 5v+

wackyrider
23-02-2013, 07:47 PM
That's what I just heard on another forum

NINJAINOZ
23-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Thought there may have been something wrong with the link after I posted it but I double checked & the link works for me? If the link does not work it may be due to your computer? Might need the latest Adobe Reader or whatever to view PDF files?

The wiring diagram you have above might be better as it is not cut in half, OH well the manual would be handy if you did not already have it?

wackyrider
24-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Well, Tim was over again today and we have power to the dash. New toggle switch has been wired in and we have a few things working on the new dash:

High beam
Indicators

However we're still trying to sort out the Tacho, speed pick-up and water Temp. Worst case we'll wire the tacho to the coil and the speedo pick-up using the magnetic pick-up supplied. However I would really like to have a water temp reading whist I am on the bike. Anyone else wired up a motogadget speedo before?

Also the oil pressure reading is 0 when off, however then it is a constant when the bike is on, even when you rev the bike. Seems a bit suss to me

Tim
24-02-2013, 08:22 PM
^^ thats as far as we can get with stock wiring diagram and basic testing(ie: not a scope as thats out of my range). does anyone know if the k4 sends multiple singles though one wire? like later models?

EXBEN
24-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Jules have you changed the oil pressure sensor ? If not you won't be able to get a pressure reading as the stock sensor is an on/off type. My experience with Motogadget & stock speed sensors as per the suzuki Front sprocket one is they don't work well together, you are better off using the supplied sensor.

wackyrider
24-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Cheers Ben. So use the supplied pick-up and change the oil pressure sensor. Any idea about the Water temp sensor?

EXBEN
25-02-2013, 07:59 AM
Looking at the Motogadget site they have Oil press & water temp sensors avaliable, or if you can cross reference what the Motogadget Dash needs to see, here's the GSXR sensor specs as per the manual.

wackyrider
25-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Is there a local agent for Motogadget? As it took over a month for me to get the speedo fro them in Germany. Granted it was the holiday season.

i'll just buy the oil & water sensor

EXBEN
25-02-2013, 12:06 PM
No, & you can bet that even if there were they'd have to order it anyway, best to buy direct. Something small like that you'd think should come pretty quick.......maybe.

Tim
25-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Is there any chance we could find something suitable locally (ie supercheap, bursons etc) that could be used as replacement sensors Ben? or just not worth the hassle?

EXBEN
26-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Yes although you'd need to compare the resistance (ohms) required by the dash & compare it to what is out put by the sensor.
The stock water temp sensor may work, have you tried connecting the dash direct to the sensor ? Also the dash has a LED warning light for the oil pressure, is there any reason you want to monitor actual oil pressure ?

wackyrider
26-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Oil pressure light will be enough for me. However as I was flicking through the menu on the dash it was showing an oil pressure reading. Reading was at 0 with motor off and at a constant (can't remember the reading) when the motor was on. No fluctuations when you rev the motor. Will the warning light still work like that with the standard oil pressure switch?

Tim
26-02-2013, 10:12 AM
7.9^

Yella
26-02-2013, 03:43 PM
From the manual

OIL TMP
This function requires the motogadget Breakoutbox B (article no. 1005041) and the
temperature sensor (article no. 9001002).
Oil temperature display in the range of +40 to +150 °C. “Cold” will be displayed with a temperature
below +40 °C. The temperature can also be displayed in °F.
When exceeding a set value, a warning message OIL HOT can be prompted
(see chapter 12.5).
H2O TMP
This function requires the motogadget Breakoutbox B (article no. 1005041) and the
temperature sensor (article no. 9001002).
Water temperature display in the range of +40 to +120 °C. “Cold” will be displayed with a
temperature below +40 °C. The temperature can also be displayed in °F.
When exceeding a set value, a warning message H2O HOT can be prompted

EXBEN
27-02-2013, 07:34 AM
Jules the oil pressure sensor & oil pressure switch are 2 different circuits based on the wiring diagram. If you connect the stock oil pressure switch wire to the oil pressure switch input on the breakout box it should operate the red led on the dash as this is an earth circuit ( switches to earth when there's no oil pressure & makes the LED come on).