PDA

View Full Version : GSXR K4 problem - 'CHEC' on display

wackyrider
15-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Well, the Gixxer motor is in and the wiring all attached (or so I believe). connected a battery and when I turn the ignition I get 'CHEC' on the display. Also the Neutral light doesn't go on.

Now according to the manual this means that the ECM, the dash or the side stand switch are not connected. I have checked all 3 connections and they seem to be ok. I also noticed that in fact the fuel pump hasn;t primed up either.

Any idea's?

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx348/wackyrider/Gixxer/IMG-20130215-00766_zpsebcf3f11.jpg

MattyDucati
15-02-2013, 10:28 PM
its got the little oil bottle thing up so maybe check oil warning?

Redmohawk
15-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Just a guess but I'd be checking the neutral switch is working with a multi metre or test light, and the side stand switch, clutch switch ? I'd bet the puter wont switch the fool pump on till its happy.

wackyrider
15-02-2013, 10:36 PM
This is out of the manual for the bike. It states that it only displays 'CHEC' when there is an issue with the ECM. Haven't checked the oil pressure switch to be honest, but also the neutral light hasn't gone on either

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx348/wackyrider/Gixxer/Untitled_zpsf664ab0f.png

wackyrider
15-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Just a guess but I'd be checking the neutral switch is working with a multi metre or test light, and the side stand switch, clutch switch ? I'd bet the puter wont switch the fool pump on till its happy.

Yeah, the neutral switch is the one that's worrying me to be honest

Redmohawk
15-02-2013, 10:40 PM
If its a single wire (no idea sorry but most likely) it will short to earth when in neutral (usally) if you unplug the wire at the loom conection and use a multi meter you can test if its working , If your braver (or have the wiring diagram to know it shorts to earth definitely) you could short the wire to earth to see if the puters happy .

wackyrider
15-02-2013, 10:56 PM
The wires which I am assuming are for the neutral switch are about 5 (not near the bike now) which exit the engine just near the front sprocket.

Hillsy
15-02-2013, 10:57 PM
It also says the engine stop switch is in the off position. Any chance this is not wired in correctly?

wackyrider
15-02-2013, 11:00 PM
I tried the switch in both positions just to be safe

Redmohawk
15-02-2013, 11:04 PM
The 5 wires would mostl likely be for gear position as well as neutral. Consult your wiring diagram, or maybe Pm booster a quick message , he will be busy still but you'd prob catch him I'd bet he will know the correct wire.

Hillsy
15-02-2013, 11:08 PM
I tried the switch in both positions just to be safe

Are you sure it's working? Sometimes it's the stupid little things you take for granted that stop 'em.

wackyrider
15-02-2013, 11:19 PM
The problem is that I bought the bike in bits. The shop where i bought it said that the guy rode it in, but the crank was stuffed so I replaced the bottom end and rebuilt the top end.

I may check the kill switch tomorrow with the multimeter to be sure

Hagarr
15-02-2013, 11:47 PM
I have '04 wiring loom and injection and definitely Kill Switch in Off position you get "Chec"!!

BANDITROD
16-02-2013, 12:02 AM
i get that when mine is in gear jules and make sure the clutch switch hasnt been tampered with or you will get the chec light for that aswell

FIGHTERMC
16-02-2013, 04:32 AM
ok have you got the tip over switch
in the right position.
you'll get no fuel pump working if its not.
had the same on my own.

xa-mont
16-02-2013, 06:25 AM
Have you got the indicator flasher yet? If bit that's the issue, remember that's why I punched yours in the first place for the average.

yoda
16-02-2013, 09:04 AM
I'd check then tipover switch jules, they can get jammed in the off position if it has been laying on its side in a box or whatever. Under the riders seat, you should be able to hear it rattle kinda if it's working.
You will also get check code if bike thinks its in gear, so possibly neutral switch or clutch switch.
Give me a call if u need a hand, I overrode all that shit when I had me gixxer stunt bike.

wackyrider
16-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Have you got the indicator flasher yet? If bit that's the issue, remember that's why I punched yours in the first place for the average.

yeah, i'm still waiting for that to arrive. That may be the issue then Trav. Does the neutral light work without the indicator relay though?
Also, what is the correct orientation for the tip off switch? As I bought the bike stripped and I'm not sure. Tried a few different orientations just to be sure

wackyrider
16-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Seems like it was the indicator relay after all. Borrowed one from a friend, and SHE's ALIVE!!!!

here's the video of the first start with the rebuilt engine

http://youtu.be/8RW6D0VqVS8

FIGHTERMC
17-02-2013, 01:04 AM
good stuff

Hillsy
17-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Wow - a dodgy indicator relay and your bike stops? That's a bit harsh...

Glad you got it sorted mate.

xa-mont
17-02-2013, 08:41 AM
the indicator relay has another relay or something in it on the ksomething suzukis. the reason Jules didn't have an indicator relay is because i "borrowed" it to chuck in my SV when i was waiting for one to turn up (that never did) to fix the EXACT same problem.

wackyrider
17-02-2013, 09:45 AM
the indicator relay has another relay or something in it on the ksomething suzukis. the reason Jules didn't have an indicator relay is because i "borrowed" it to chuck in my SV when i was waiting for one to turn up (that never did) to fix the EXACT same problem.

Yeah, I wish I had known that these were the symptom. lol

Gix11
18-02-2013, 10:53 AM
What a great feeling hey Jules? Nice one mate.