PDA

View Full Version : Which exhaust muffler?

kartras
12-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Just wondering what is needed to consider when choosing an exhaust muffler????

will modern sport bike (fuel injection etc) mufflers have any issues on older motors?

Is getting the muffler mated to the exhaust/bike the major issue? Muffler inlet dimension and mounting point etc

or do i Just take the approach ........... if you can get it to fit and it looks good she be right.

I have a 93 gsxr 750 and i am looking to get a newer style muffler onto the stock 2 1/2 pipe. The original muffler is not bolted onto a mid section and so I would be cutting off the muffler to try and fit a newer slip on unit onto the pipe....if ya get my drift.

Any ideas or suggestions

Redmohawk
12-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Find the look your after , make it fit. Might want to take it to someone and have it re tuned (might be fine, but prob not) especally if you mess with the intake at the same time.

kartras
12-02-2013, 08:27 PM
I have a stage 3 jetting kit (to be fitted)and bmc pods so I reckon it will need to be tuned correctly. a different exhaust will only add more considerations when being tuned I guess

Redmohawk
12-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Sounds like your set then, you going to tune it or take it somewhere ?

kartras
12-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Yeah I might give it a go...i'll probably fuck it up and then will cost me more coin to get it fixed.

Redmohawk
13-02-2013, 05:36 AM
If you havent re-jetted a bike from scratch before , I'd pickup a wideband oxy sensor or chase up someone with one. You can do by feel/sound etc but your still guessing for optimium A/f ratio. Doesnt mean you cant do it, just risks like holed pistons or excessive fuel consumption are easyer to snag on.