PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

mcmad
12-01-2008, 04:54 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1001609655225124.JPG

Hi all, just wanted to say hello to you all from the UK.Im coming out to Oz for 3 weeks in march for a recce trip, and hoping to migrate later this year, to enjoy some bikes and sunshine!Any suggestions good biking spots would be appreciated.Ive added the photo of my last bike(now broken and sold) but a new project is underway and will be WILD, with any luck itll be finished for when i get to migrate.Ive been into streetfighters since i put flat bars and a black paintjob onto my rd125lc back in 1982, and cant stop now.Anyway, looking forward to being a member of the site ,which i have to say is awesome, and getting into the sun soon, cheers, chris.

geesexar
12-01-2008, 05:49 AM
welcome aboard mc...come on out to god's country mate..you'll love it..by the way nice GSX...whereabouts in oz are you comin to?

sharky
12-01-2008, 06:28 AM
Welcome mate. Noice GSX :D
Big tip....If you are planning to bring a bike out it will have pass 'Aussie Compliance Inspection'. In reality if it would pass a fairly strict UK mot test, then it will pass.

EFE 1230
12-01-2008, 06:48 AM
Maaaate!!!! That was in STREETFIGHTER'S wasn't it? VERY VERY TRICK. Anyone who can build something that special is more than welcome in OZ!!! Got any more pics??? If your into drag racing the try Sydney NSW they at least have a drag strip. WELCOME.

Pab13
12-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Welcome mate nice GSX you had there and I agree with EFE if you are going to
drag race when you get here sydney is the place to be.

zx12argh
12-01-2008, 09:29 AM
Welcome aboard mate - very nice ride. Where abouts are you coming to oz? east coast or west coast? All the best riding is east coast - its a bit too straight in WA (Sorry perth members ;)) Unless of course you are into super motards...
Brisbane has got every kind of racing and some great roads around. Where ever you go mate I'm sure some members will catch you for a beer and show you around.

Jockney Rebel
12-01-2008, 01:08 PM
welcome mc mad mate ditto to wot they said .........come and join the rest of us ex pats in paradise

WATEVR
12-01-2008, 04:02 PM
welcome, just want to know what catigory you put that bike in if your next one is going to be wild??

BillyWhizz888
12-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Welcome.. sweet ride, where you from ?

plenty of room on the beach for a lilly white :D

xb9r
12-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Welcome mate and dont forget the 30+ sunscreen we wouldnt want you to look like a lobster

mcmad
12-01-2008, 07:32 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/100161098462873.jpg

thanks for the welcome and comments, to be honest so far im thinking perth may be the place for us, but as ive not been yet im only going off what ive read.Im visiting perth, adelaide,melbourne and cairns during march, would love to do more, but time is lim iting.Are there drag strips in perth, i seem to remember reading about one a while ago?T answer a few of the q's, yes it was in streetfighters back when i upset the turbo busa boys,really regret breaking it but couldnt sell it for any price! Next one will make it look tame, trust me, and it will be road legal and stupidly over the top.Any input re adelaide and melbourne life would be well received, hope im not asking these questions in the wrong place now.A teaser pic for you included!

jakam04
12-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Yep Mad, there is a drag strip down here in Perth. Some of the boys (Rocket and Billywizz to name a few) will be going to Perth Drag strip Mondnay night for a few runs.. Im trying to get down there so I can take a few pics of the boys playin... Will post up to help you make your mind up.

Although Im enjoying Perth, there are more things closer to do on the East Coast as its easier to go up coast to Queensland and down the coast to Victoria if you were to centralise yourself in NSW...

J

EFE 1230
12-01-2008, 08:50 PM
FUCK ADELAIDE NO DRAGSTRIP!!!! (we have one but are not allowed to use it, long story) but lots of hills so it's not all bad! MORE PICS PLEASE!!!

BillyWhizz888
12-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Perth... fcukin go the sandgropers......

we will take over the world at this rate haha

BANDITROD
13-01-2008, 12:04 AM
welcome aboard mate you could move to dimboola in vic its fucking awsome isnt it guys we have dragstrips marked out everywhere round these parts plus it pretty central to fucking nowhere so come on out mate please im bored

jakam04
13-01-2008, 06:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

welcome aboard mate you could move to dimboola in vic its fucking awsome isnt it guys we have dragstrips marked out everywhere round these parts plus it pretty central to fucking nowhere so come on out mate please im bored

You could always move over here too Rod lol...:D

J

Iceman
13-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Welcome aboard Chris. If your gunna be in Oz in the last week of March you should come to the AFR.

Gix11
13-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Ditto what Iceman said. Welcome aboard mate.

mcmad
14-01-2008, 01:09 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/26758406193600.JPG

a supercharged busa i had for a while, before realising the error of my ways, lol, more to come.....

mcmad
14-01-2008, 01:30 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/26758274751883.jpg

This is my recently completed EFE restoration, nut and bolt, like a fresh bike, totally stock and mint, except its a 1230 and dynojetted carbs(couldnt help meself lol),spent about 1000 hours on this with parts sourced from all over the planet, including Oz,lots of NOS bits, even wheels,cost too much but shes lovely,another pic coming shortly of the dragbike beast in action, all 420 ponies of happy gas going for it.Engine was 1500cc, pro mod motor in streetbike, ran 9.0 at 180mph in the quarter, limited by riders lack of ability(me!)200 shot of nitrous,once tried a flying mile on it but had to shut off at 3/4 mile marker because i couldnt keep on the bike, wind took legs off pegs and lifted me clean out of seat!!!! scariest thing i ever felt, coasted fro 3/4 mile mark and still went through lights at 186mph.Not bad for oldskool, eh?

mcmad
14-01-2008, 01:34 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/2675827473044.jpg
there ya go!

Gix11
14-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Mental. Love it!

fimpBIKES
14-01-2008, 04:11 PM
a true bike nut!

Jockney Rebel
14-01-2008, 05:48 PM
get ur arse over here to NSW mad one everythings within {easy?] reach bearing in mind the countrys the size of europe and them some

rod185651
14-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Hey Chris,
mate, I think you may be frustrated with the isolation of WA, definately the East Coast is a lot more convienant for acquiring parts etc. Western Australia is a great place and I have never heard a bad thing said about Perth but there is just too much time wasted waiting for items such as needed bike parts to be freighted.
cheers Rod

zx12argh
14-01-2008, 09:14 PM
jesus - someone who thinks a blown hyabusa isn't enough... holy crap on a stick batman.

mcmad
15-01-2008, 12:52 AM
too much is NEVER enough!:D

mattypom
28-01-2008, 10:27 AM
if yer get sick of straight roads and the heat come down to tassie,it will be like home from home,good to see yer makeing the move best thing i ever did

mcmad
29-04-2008, 01:41 AM
Hi again, well after being back in the lovely UK for 1 month following our recce to your little island paradise weve made the decision to grace y'all with our presence you lucky lot.Probably not till early next year(house to sell and finances to sort)plus i want to finish my efe project if poss prior to arriving.On that note, and with regards to Aussie Compliance whatnot, my efe will be err, slightly longer than normal and a bit more mental, so I cant really imagine it passing for road use, but will that stop me from being able to import it? I would like to ride it on the road if poss, but at 75" wheelbase and turbo'd could it pass checks? How are the authorities with regard to lights and flashers(not needed here for daytime MOT, and bike is an '85 so older rules apply.Could I get away with no flashers or lights, and finally what about loud(read:no)pipe? Really appreciate any factual advice, cheers

Fish
29-04-2008, 10:20 AM
try this mate, QLD is ya best bet i think. 12 months of sunshine and some of the best twisties in the world plus any kind of racing you can think of. http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=5

Gix11
29-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Yea, what state are you coming to mate?

Fatgit
30-04-2008, 07:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by mcmad

Hi again, well after being back in the lovely UK for 1 month following our recce to your little island paradise weve made the decision to grace y'all with our presence you lucky lot.Probably not till early next year(house to sell and finances to sort)plus i want to finish my efe project if poss prior to arriving.On that note, and with regards to Aussie Compliance whatnot, my efe will be err, slightly longer than normal and a bit more mental, so I cant really imagine it passing for road use, but will that stop me from being able to import it? I would like to ride it on the road if poss, but at 75" wheelbase and turbo'd could it pass checks? How are the authorities with regard to lights and flashers(not needed here for daytime MOT, and bike is an '85 so older rules apply.Could I get away with no flashers or lights, and finally what about loud(read:no)pipe? Really appreciate any factual advice, cheers

You can import it, but no muffler and no lights/indicators means no rego.

Extended swinger isn't an issue I believe, and neither should the Turbo be (I think if you increase cc's more than 15% you get stung for re-engineering hereabouts.)

Cops will ping you on those 2 issues over here (assuming they catch up to you that is :D)

sharky
30-04-2008, 07:47 AM
Personally I'd leave it 'til you get here. The bike will need an engineers report to get a compliance plate...they can be picky buggers...and then a road safety cert.
Strip it down and put it in with all ya other stuff...bring it in as secondhand parts.
Once here build it up fairly stock, get ya tests done, and then rebuild it properley.
Remember that Qld and Vic only need road worthy done once, not yearly like nsw...not sure about the other states.

JackTar
30-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Nice bike mate, shame you had to get rid of it. As for Rod if you are so bored why don't you stop being a cunt and go visit Paul. Speaking of Paul how is your brother mate? Found the guy yet Rod? If ya do I want before and after photos of him :)

oldskool
30-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Ace Mcbike looks Mcmad :D

mcmad
01-05-2008, 04:07 AM
ta for the replies, its going to be 1500cc,so about 40% increase, what does that mean then, Fatgit?

sfoc711uk
05-05-2008, 07:51 AM
I did the same as you mate went over for 3 weeks last year to Melbourne and Adelaide, flew to Sydney for an interview got the job came back and got my visas granted in 6 weeks.
Just need to sell the house and jump on a plane.

Im taking two bikes and spares but you also have to pay 10% of the bikes market value when it lands there so dont forget about that, and you have to pay about 50Aud (i think) just to get paper work to ship it.

Then it costs about £750 uk sterling per bike to ship it.

Where in uk are you and where you gonna go in oz.

mcmad
06-05-2008, 05:02 PM
im in preston, lancs, heading for Perth (at the moment), but that could change .Were leaving next year, about may time hopefully.

sfoc711uk
07-05-2008, 07:31 AM
Sunny preston eh,Im just over the border in sunny yorkshire heading for NSW anytime soon :D

mcmad
14-05-2008, 01:14 AM
what made you choose NSW ? Im torn twixt Perth and Melbourne

Jockney Rebel
14-05-2008, 01:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by sfoc711uk

Sunny preston eh,Im just over the border in sunny yorkshire heading for NSW anytime soon :D
seeya when u get here dave ..ive been told to look after you ..:Das if

Gix11
14-05-2008, 04:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by mcmad

what made you choose NSW ? Im torn twixt Perth and Melbourne

Go to both before you settle down mate, they are nothing alike.

mcmad
30-10-2008, 04:12 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/104004037529040.jpg

Hello again, not been on for a while, busy busy busy etc, been building the bike a bit more, and try to sell the sodding house:( Thanks to the yanks its not happening, but hey we'll get there eventually.Gives me more time to finish the monster anyway, the old rotten frame got junked and replaced with a chrome moly bespoke item, the motors built near as damn it and the dry build up is underway, watch this space for updates.Looks like were going to settle in Perth initially all being well, so hope to meet up with you all when it happens.Cheers for now.

mcmad
30-10-2008, 04:15 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/104004037520904.jpg
Another quick piccie from the front........

dinorider
30-10-2008, 05:24 AM
i would love one of them pipe setups for the turbo.nice and compact.

AK47
30-10-2008, 01:30 PM
welcome mate. brutal ride!

mcmad
20-08-2009, 11:53 PM
ooooh, found my old post, still in the uk, cant sell my home, but the beast is coming on nicely now, hated the headers, so bought a tig welder,learnt how to weld and made some new more compact headers, all the plumbings done for the fuel and oil, in fact only wiring/electronics to do and get the bodywork sorted then voila!! Time to party.[8D]http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1250807426.jpg