PDA

View Full Version : 88 to s-rad swinger any 1 done it

satanstls
11-01-2008, 05:59 AM
hi looking in garage and saw i still had s-rad swinger caliper spindle so thought in stead of bracing slingy arm swop them over
q1 do i need spacers
g2 what rear wheel
q3 what shock
thanks if you can shed any light as 1st streetfighter .by way 750k slingy

latheboy
11-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Alfie is/has done it .. he'll shed some light on it for you im sure

alfiestorm
11-01-2008, 08:16 AM
It's a headache that is for sure.
You will need the services of a machine shop to make up a new suspension top mount plus you will need new one off dog bones made or get some adjustable ones.

You will need to use the swingarm bearing sleeves from the slingshot arm plus the centre spacer that goes between the bearing sleeves.
The slingshot bearing sleeves will fit inside the srad bearing sleeves this allows the use of the slingshot swingarm pivot spindle as you cannot use the srad swingarm spindle, it is to wide and there is not enough metal on the slingshot or slabbie frame to open up the hole without major surgery.

I have not fitted mine yet as fucking about with it pissed me off and was taking too long but it will be fitted. There are others on here doing the same thing and I am just waiting for some info or a top mount and dog bones to become available at a cost of course dont expect anything for nothing.
srad arm in a 7/12 wheelie utopia

satanstls
11-01-2008, 09:01 AM
thanks for info .are you going to do how to . when you get top mount info any chance you will post it on here .many thanks

Gix11
11-01-2008, 03:11 PM
"How to"s are always welcome guys so take photos along the way and give me the details. I'll make up the page and credit you as well.

alfiestorm
11-01-2008, 03:41 PM
I would think once it is proved to work ok then a how to will appear with plenty of pics.
I will post a how to with the joint knowledge of tony and some others so all wil be mentioned and thanked.
This conversion is proving to be a pain unless you are a god in the machine shop.

Keep e'm peeled