PDA

View Full Version : Shipping container transport Melb.

TurboKat
06-02-2013, 07:30 AM
I need a 20' container carted from Clayton to Mordy, anyone got any contacts with a tilt/slide (must have container pins or they won't load it - OH&S) who want some cash?

Deano
06-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Sounds like a load. Our shipping container got dropped off by a tilt tray tow truck.

98green
06-02-2013, 03:24 PM
We got eagle towing to pic ours up from Berwick and move it to Kilsyth on a tilt tray.. Then we rolled it through the shed on pine poles and put it out the back..

TurboKat
08-02-2013, 01:21 AM
Sorted, Tiltaway was the cheapest & great to deal with - Highly recommended. :o

The container mob are Fuckers but, I coulda used one of the tilt/slides from work for free but the container mob said they wouldn't load a container onto anything without twistlocks - our trucks have container sized beds but no pins - so I hadta pay someone for something I could do in 45 mins.
The bloke turned up with the box... guess what? he had it chained to the bed, no twistlocks :confused: I coulda done it myself after all! The driver said they didn't even look at his truck when they loaded it :mad:
I hate paying someone to do something I can do myself but meh, whattayagunnadoeh? Whinge over, deep breaths.

Deano
08-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Fuckers.