PDA

View Full Version : Rattle can Matt black

Tony Nitrous
05-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Slowly building up a spare set of panels,Got front guards, tail piece etc all different colours.I'm sure I'll change things as I go, so fancy somethingeasy and tempory that still looks OK (to me)Which Matt black rattle can paint ?Repco/Bunnings/Supercheap? Are any better than others ? Needs to be in cans not spray gun and something that's fairly hard wearingand something that's easy enough to find off the shelf in Brissy. Any preferences ? Or are they all much the same ?

Gix11
05-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Wow, there's a question! Just make sure you get matt black enamel if you can find it. If it's acrylic it will dissolve on contact with the first drop of petrol you get when filling up. Learnt that one years ago.

Hillsy
05-02-2013, 10:58 AM
I've had pretty good results with the Killrust Epoxy stuff. Did the frame on the ZX9 with that and it's pretty durable - and "consistent" if you know what I mean.

You used to be able to get it from Bunnings, but I think they may not stock it anymore. Was around $13 a can but you get at least twice as much coverage with this stuff than a can of the Export shite from SuperCheap.

hyofighter
05-02-2013, 11:06 AM
+1 on that , i used rust gaurd on the trench wench we use it all the time at work is good stuff , mitre 10 is where we get it

Redmohawk
05-02-2013, 11:22 AM
+2 on the Killrust (doesnt fade as quick as the cheap stuff in the sun) goes on resonably thick so use lite coats for something you dont want ripples in.

MattyDucati
05-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Yes ive found the killrust to be the best

Jed
05-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Holts from Repco - These are little cans and a bit more expensive but really good. The paint is actually proper Duco and will not fade. i have painted my engine in the ZXR with this stuff and hasn't peeled or faded with the heat. I also did my wheels with it. I was put onto this paint by a guy who does right hand drive conversions for Mustangs. he does small engine bay touch-ups with these spray cans. Sprays on really well out of the can as well.

Cheers

EXBEN
05-02-2013, 09:18 PM
By far K&H matt black is the best I've used, I've been told the company has just recently been bought by 3m & the product line is changing tho.....:(

Tony Nitrous
05-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks heaps Guys.
Great help.

Tony.

The crow
07-02-2013, 08:20 PM
i hear they now make bituminous paint in a can .... lol .... but seriously the boys are right i have also found at super cheap that they have a better quality of their own brand its not the old white colored with the stripes but a red tin with sca in small letters on it ,,,, i use it on the bottom skirts of the 4x4 and it last a fair while considering the shot ive put it through .... round 20 for a 300 size spray can