PDA

View Full Version : My R1 Wont start

krazykid
04-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Hi guy's,

The other day i replaced the stock R1 radiator with a nice alloy one, i fired it up, all was good, no leaks or anything so i shut it down and put it back in the shed.
The next day i went to ride it to work and it would'nt start. When i turn the ignition on the headlights turn on and the dash does it's thing but i cant hear the fuel pump kick in and when i hit the starter button there's nothing. I replaced the Starter cut out/Fuel pump relay but it did'nt help. ive chased wires around looking for any broken or melted ones and everything looks fine.
It's doing my head in so i thought i'd ask and see if this has happened to anyone else's bikes? If not i'll have to drop it in to the shop.

BANDITROD
04-02-2013, 12:52 PM
how is your battery voltage wise also check the usual suspects is it in gear or is the killswitch on does it have a clutch switch etc etc

MattyDucati
04-02-2013, 12:52 PM
It's not in gear is it?

BANDITROD
04-02-2013, 12:58 PM
ninja'd motherfucker hahahaha

krazykid
04-02-2013, 01:49 PM
nah mate it's not in gear haha.

krazykid
04-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Battery is all good, it will end up being something simple and stupid but fuck its pissing me off!

BANDITROD
04-02-2013, 01:57 PM
in that case i would retrace your steps on changing the rad over and check all your wiring

krazykid
04-02-2013, 02:14 PM
yeah i will AGAIN haha. It fired up fine after the new rad was in, then i just switched it off as normal.

BANDITROD
04-02-2013, 02:15 PM
maybe something wasnt clicked in properly id say

Hillsy
04-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Haven't done anything else like use a different (spare) key? Depending on the year, I think the later ones have a battery in the key which can go flat and the bike won't start.

Just a thought - I know the Honda HISS ones are bastards for that.

krazykid
04-02-2013, 04:28 PM
nope havnt done that. I just ordered another relay so hopefully thats what it is. The first relay i ordered ive just worked out was the Fuel pump relay and this one is called a Starting circuit cutoff relay.

Yella
04-02-2013, 04:31 PM
I would check the clutch switch and wiring to plug first

Snake_Doctor
04-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Side Stand relay could be worth a look

Hi guy's,

The other day i replaced the stock R1 radiator with a nice alloy one, i fired it up, all was good, no leaks or anything so i shut it down and put it back in the shed.
The next day i went to ride it to work and it would'nt start. When i turn the ignition on the headlights turn on and the dash does it's thing but i cant hear the fuel pump kick in and when i hit the starter button there's nothing. I replaced the Starter cut out/Fuel pump relay but it did'nt help. ive chased wires around looking for any broken or melted ones and everything looks fine.
It's doing my head in so i thought i'd ask and see if this has happened to anyone else's bikes? If not i'll have to drop it in to the shop.

oldskool
04-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Burn it with FIRE that will make it start.

Treat it like one of the weaker kids at school, push it around a bit till it fights back then set fire to the fucker.

FIXED!