Any one on here actually been ?
First hand experience ?

Phnom Penh ?

Angkor Wat ?

Killing fields ?

Ta Prohm ?

latheboy
04-02-2013, 11:30 AM
I haven't but a girlfriend did years ago, I think she went to all those places.

First 2 I'm sure anyway, she loved it hehe....

1 thing i remember her saying was there was fuck all in the way of ATM's so getting cash was a problem for her.
It may be different now though.

K6Thou
04-02-2013, 12:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lltc7uWHFMg

I got nothin' else.....

ozzy1100
04-02-2013, 12:12 PM
Nothing else needed Dan :-)

BANDITROD
04-02-2013, 12:39 PM
do you watch blokesworld tony they have been doing a show over there it looks like fun its called road to laos

Tony Nitrous
04-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Not seen it but thanks, I'll look it up.

xa-mont
04-02-2013, 05:33 PM
I went there. spent 2 weeks dirt bike riding around with Dancing Roads (very much recommended if you want to do some dirty riding and see more of the countryside.)

Phnom Penh ?
Not bad. I think it's pretty typical of a large south east asian city. lots of people trying to rip you off, the occasional bargain. and lots of booze to be consumed.

Angkor Wat ?

Didn't go, but from all accounts its pretty awesome. We went and saw about 10 other less known angkorian temples, including the oldest one which is a really cool tall pyramid thing.

Killing fields ?

Didn't go, didn't want to end our trip on a downer

Ta Prohm ?

Didn't go there either.

If you are going to cambodia for a relaxing holiday, i suggest you head down south to Kep. it's much more resorty down there. Siem reap is a pretty sleezy place. Batambang is a pretty cool city. went to a rocking night club there with laser beams and shit going everywhere... then i ate baby duck eggs.. YUM!

If you want to explore a bit more i reckon get on a dirt bike and go and see the country a bit more. It's a beautiful place yet incredibly depressing when you head over to the west into the recently deforested area's in the cardamom mountains. the Chinese (with the help of a very corrupt government and military) are absolutely FUCKING Cambodia. apparently it used to be about 90% jungle/forest, and now it's something like 4%. The history of Cambodia is also very sad, especially when you learn about how much knowledge and culture was destroyed by the khmer rouge.

The best part about Cambodia by far is the incredible happy smiling Khmer faces you see out and about. when we would ride into a small remote village all of the kids would run out to the street to smile and wave to us going past. Incredibly heart warming stuff especially considering how little they live on.