PDA

View Full Version : Deal, or no deal?

Genericly
10-01-2008, 09:56 AM
So I'm close to finish paying off my bike - and what do I want to do? Go back in debt on another bike! =D

The question is which bike should I go to? I'm only looking to move up to a 600, 1000 is a bit too big of a bike for me at the moment.

I saw an 05 gsxr600 for 6k with 7k miles (11,265km)on it but I'm kind of sketchy about buying a used bike.

I'm not even overly fond of the suzuki seeing as how every other bike I pass is a flaming white and blue gsxr or hyabusa - I've actually been kind of fond of the zx-6r from kawi, but I don't see many of them in the stunt videos [which I intend to start doing with this next bike] I do see alot of r6's and cbr's though.

Guess this is a slight rant, and I'm asking which bike(s) i should start looking into - the main thing i want out of it is a light front end and a good center of balance, and alot more torque than my baby ninja's putting out. And lastly one that's got a wide array of aftermarket parts so I can make whichever bike into my own gorgeous contraption.

I couldn't figure out which forum to post this in, so if it's in the wrong one, sorry. =(

Iceman
10-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Just remember if you are planning on stunting your next bike, there is the potential for disaster. The last thing you want is to be paying off a loan for a brand new bike and having the bike all smashed up and unusable. A secondhand bike would be the way to go, I think.

zx12argh
10-01-2008, 12:17 PM
yeah ditto - i thought the stunter of choice was the cbr 600 f4i - a bunch of people are stunting vtr1000s just cause how cheap they are and the lazy torque they put out. I've got a vtr and its very lazy in its power delivery.

Oh my god. I just gave a good wrap to two hondas... I need a lie down.

Genericly
10-01-2008, 12:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by Iceman

Just remember if you are planning on stunting your next bike, there is the potential for disaster. The last thing you want is to be paying off a loan for a brand new bike and having the bike all smashed up and unusable. A secondhand bike would be the way to go, I think.

You know, I never really thought of it that way, thanks - amazing how enlightening another point of view can be!

Gix11
10-01-2008, 05:49 PM
CBR600 F4i - stunt bike of choice for exactly the reason ZX said, slow throttle response. No nasty snatch flipped wheelies etc. Perfect for the big sprocket. Whatever you get you'll be rebuilding anyway if you're going to stunt it, so it makes no difference if it's old or new! Go old and save your dough.