PDA

View Full Version : Bike Books?

FighterBlade
08-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Whats a good book to learn stuff in? i know of Twist of the Wrist but there is one that u guys refer to as the "Bible"? whats that?

Iceman
08-01-2008, 05:24 PM
That'd be Streetfighters Magazine.

KATO ZX7
08-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Good answer. LOL :D

lewis
09-01-2008, 10:08 AM
screw the books, pull it apart! you'll learn quickly how it works and eventually work out how it goes back together ;)

Genericly
09-01-2008, 01:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by lewis

screw the books, pull it apart! you'll learn quickly how it works and eventually work out how it goes back together ;)

Ain't that the truth, I chopped off my fender / rear plastic with almost no knowledge of the repercussions (where are you turn signals [who uses them anyways?] and break lights) but it did make my bike look a fuckload better, after getting the chills thinking about 18wheelers hitting me from behind with no break lights or turn signals i parked it for a week, did some research, cut some metal, painted it(The new housing for the LED's [looks like ass, but it works!]) and now have break/turn signals. Learned alot about resistors and wiring hell I've picked up minor mechanicing just owning a bike.

Gix11
09-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Just a copy of your bike model's Haynes (or equivalent) manual and a want to know. Also, you'll find answers to most things on here mate. Half the time with Streetfighters you're breaking new ground anyway. Just need some brains and understanding of what is safe and not safe!

Weaselman
09-01-2008, 02:49 PM
you want to learn stuff... ask

Any builder worth his salt or decent bike owner with somthing nic
e will help

Slain
10-01-2008, 08:11 AM
try downloading your manual for your bike off the net too.
i downloanded a honda workshop manual (what dealers use) for my 954 and it has everythign and gets pulled out when i get stuck, all 223 pages (printed at work of course lol)