PDA

View Full Version : Setting up of top shock mount/ride height

Watto
08-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Fellas

One for the suspension gurus - Have a l model 750 slingy that has a srad swingarm/cbr thou shock (same length as stock shock) partially fitted and I need to make a new top mount for the shock inorder to sort out the linkages/ride height - my question is how do I work out what height I need to make the top mount?

If i understand correctly (and that's not always the case) I think I need the bottom of the rocker cushion (between dog bone mount/lower frame mount to be parallel to the frame and then is it at whatever height the top eye of the shock naturally sits at, is this the height the top mount needs to be (without any weight on the shock)?

this in theory should have the dog bones at about 45 degrees when connected back to the bones mount on the swingarm - think swingarm needs to sit at about 12 degrees to frame once finished - At present currently doing this without motor in the frame and have read somewhere that need to factor in 20-25 mm sag once motor is fitted - how do I include this in my calcs?

Any offerings greatly appreciate

Cheers
Watto