PDA

View Full Version : lowering forks

chipp
28-12-2007, 03:13 PM
hey all im new here so bear with me while i explane/learn. i was woundering if anyone knows or has lowered there forks. i live in queensland so is there any law against it. my bike is a fzr 250 2kr this is because i am only 17 and thats all im alound to ride, i havent seen many around and i love the look.

any help is appreciated

chipp

oldskool
28-12-2007, 03:36 PM
lowerin you forks through the tripple clamps will make your bike stear faster and have less feel at low speed this is normaly done for track work, there is no law against doing it unless you go over the top and make the bike unsafe for road use. Hope that helps and welcome to the madness. Dylan

chopaweeza
28-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Several ways to do it. First is as OS suggested. The second is to re-space the dampening rod(requires a strip down of the forks). And there are other ways but those are the 2 easiest. I usually re-space the dampening rods.

Booster
28-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Either way works well depending on your available space and wheel travel, sometimes a combination will work best.
also don't make big changes in the front end without doing similar at the rear or you will find some handling difficultys

chipp
05-01-2008, 09:42 PM
yep thats what the guys on customfighters said to
im going to go with the spacers im lowering them enough so i can get rid of the clip ons and put some bars on
will this still make my bike legal and will i need mod plates
also im going to cut the sub frame what laws and regulations will i have to keep in mind(what sizes of things and where its located, well im new) i just dont want to be defected every time i get pulled over. but i do enjoy being pulled over to find that the cops just wanna look had that problem on my yzf250 supermotard

just keep in mind i live in queensland

thanks for the intro OS