PDA

View Full Version : Swingarm extensions

28-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Does anyone know if the rear axle section on the GSXR's would be the same dimensions as the GSX1400. I want to put some extensions on but cant find anyone who does them for the GSX. There's plenty out there for all the different GSXR models including the Busa but not one (that I can find) for the GSX.

EFE 1230
28-12-2007, 09:20 AM
If you can find a swingarm to cut the end off Frank's Racing here in Adelaide can machine an extension to weld in that matches the original. He did a gsxr 600 (4"/100mm)for me a few years ago. You cut the end off just in front of the factory weld then the extension fits in and is welded like the standard end.

Slain
28-12-2007, 09:24 AM
something to be noted is that you have to get a mod plate done for extented swingarms, well in qld anyway
see how long till i get done

28-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

I was looking for a bolt-on extension as I want to avoid a permenant mod. Just makes the bike easier to sell etc. plus I was hoping to be able to just bolt something on myself. Bit of a tight arse when it comes to paying people to work on my bike.

Pommy Chopper
28-12-2007, 02:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by frogandmoo

Thanks for the heads up.

I was looking for a bolt-on extension as I want to avoid a permenant mod. Just makes the bike easier to sell etc. plus I was hoping to be able to just bolt something on myself. Bit of a tight arse when it comes to paying people to work on my bike.

Don't even think about a bolt in extension, bad, bad, bad!!!!

Booster
28-12-2007, 04:31 PM
I have used bolt in extensions on my busa several times,generaly there very solid. some have design flaws that weaken the chain tensioner bolt/plate, either having too small a bolt thats too long or the plate or block the axle goes thru is hollowed for lightweight and collapses if abused like big power launches at the drags.
i would have no problem using them again.

Slain
30-12-2007, 01:15 PM
yeah im using bolt ons on my blade, no problems at all and it was a street ridden drag bike