PDA

View Full Version : Bike Troubles?

Genericly
27-12-2007, 12:54 PM
So in the past month I've noticed a huge mpg drop, previously I only had to fill up every 230-250 miles (switched it to reserve on 200-205 pretty regularly) and as of late, I'm having to switch it to reserve around 175, and dare not testing how much my reserve will take me.

Furthermore, I've gotten alot of sluggish play with my throttle (It's only a 250, but I can still feel it acting up) It seems to "hiccup" alot in 4-5th gear around 9-11k rpms

The only thing I can think of I've done lately is A) Replaced the spark plug B) Removed the fairings (Most of them anyhow).

Any ideas, help, advice? I'm mechanically challenged, just a forewarning.

If this is in the wrong forum, sorry - posting from work in a hurry!

Tone
27-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Any thing in the removal of the fairing that has taken air ducts out of the equation?

Pab13
27-12-2007, 03:13 PM
If you have ram air in your old fairing you will need to change the jetting i'm fairly
shore which is what Tone was getting at I think.

oldskool
28-12-2007, 10:44 AM
If it a 250 I would hazard a guess that is a CBR or ZX250 in witch case no ram air its all for looks the zx250 has a duckt on the left fairin but it does very little to nothing . In my profesional opinion I would be lookig at your choke this would give sluggy throttle and make fuel consumption shitty, if its a CBR250 a new air filter is a must little hondas hate dirty air filters.

Genericly
28-12-2007, 11:00 AM
It's actually an '07 ex250 (Kawasaki, the baby ninja) - I'll look into the air filter probably tomorrow, thanks! I'm kind of new to upkeep and whatnot.

oldskool
28-12-2007, 11:10 AM
If it a GPX 250 (EX250) look at the choke area the air filter in yours is foam and will not be the problem. takeing the fairings off that will do nothing to the running of the bike you will only look fuck loads cooler, hey get a ZX250 usd frontend for it that would look hot.

Weaselman
28-12-2007, 01:56 PM
id say dud plug... Somtimes you get new ones that have internal faults

Change back to the old ones and if it runs good again there is the problem.
Also check to see that the leads are tight in the coils and the plug caps. Somtimes when you pull them out to change the plugs (Because GPX plugs are miles deep in the motor) you can pull the leads out from the coils and the plug caps themselves.

The coil end has a pin that sticks into the lead and the plug cap end has a screw thred up inside it. If you look at either end and there doesnt seem to be much in the way of copper wire there to transfer the spark theres your problem.

oldskool
28-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Gen does it sound like a single now? is one pipe cold these are teltails of a dud plug. when you changed the plugs did you replace with the same plug type?