PDA

View Full Version : starting probs

gixxer-fixxer
26-12-2007, 06:30 PM
my 89 slingy had a petcock leak,and I have replaced the petcock,Now the electric start wont crank the motor over.The battery is fully charged but all I get is a click from right hand side device.Is it possible that the petcock dripped fuel into the starter motor and caused it to seize?:)

oldskool
26-12-2007, 08:16 PM
no! Most probly comp lock IE fuel in the barrel or the starter motor is up the shit

gixxer-fixxer
26-12-2007, 08:26 PM
thanks oldskool but the bike push starts ok

oldskool
26-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Fucked starter motor, easy way to test is to remove said starter motor and hook up to jumper leads + on the bolt and - to the body offer the shaft up to a piece of wood and if she digs holes she no fucked then you need to look at your starter cluch.;)

gixxer-fixxer
07-01-2008, 11:32 PM
g'day again oldschool.have removed starter and runs ok off the bike but doesn't do shit on the bike.What needs to be replaced if it won't dig holes in wood?cheers:(

Benz
08-01-2008, 01:19 AM
If the starter seems okay off the bike, could be a bad earth, or your starter relay has burnt/bad terminals, and won't allow enough current through to run the starter.Could also be a flat battery, enough power there to push start, but not enough to fire the plugs, and the starter together.