PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

JackTar
20-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Hey was just wondering if you lot would be interested in starting an ASF team for Folding@Home? If you have not heard of it before it is pretty much just a heap of computers all over the world working to find a cure for some diseases. It pretty much just runs in the background of your computer, you don't even notice it being there and I was thinking we obviously all have computers and we obviously all run them a fair bit so why not.

It is pretty easy to start up a team, Si if the guys are keen I will leave the honors with you takes like two minutes and then everyone just has to download the client, put in their username and whatever number our team was assigned.

If you want to find out more go to http://folding.stanford.edu/

zx12argh
21-12-2007, 07:44 AM
Sounds interesting... my pc is on most of the time downloading russian lesbian pr0n anyways.

I'd probably be in.

JackTar
24-12-2007, 12:10 PM
One person? really? Guys I know some people are a bit hesitant to let others get access to there system due to fuck-head-hackers and the like but I have been running this thing for years and never had a problem. There is a computer forum called OCAU and they have a huge team in this thing, if anyone is going to know about hackers it is these guys they are the biggest bunch of nerds you have ever come across.

fimpBIKES
24-12-2007, 03:17 PM
no net at home for me mate, modem got fried

internet cafe people scare me....

JackTar
24-12-2007, 05:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

no net at home for me mate, modem got fried

internet cafe people scare me....

Me too mate, they are a special breed. :D