PDA

View Full Version : Lights?

FighterBlade
19-12-2007, 07:56 PM
hey guys, where would i find some lights like this. i have the exact same fairing but no lights. pretty despriate haha
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/101727527916279.jpg

EFE 1230
19-12-2007, 08:03 PM
BUNNING'S pretty sure they are used in home ceiling downlights???

BANDITROD
19-12-2007, 08:07 PM
spot on efe and you can get them as a 50w version to mate

FighterBlade
19-12-2007, 08:12 PM
righto, i'll give it a shot, but what type of connection should be used and where to connect it to?

BANDITROD
19-12-2007, 08:14 PM
they have a 2 pin female socket that conects staight to the globes and it depends on how you want to have it set up mate

Gix11
19-12-2007, 08:25 PM
They won't light your way at night so good though mate. I realised that a while after having mine and thought fuck it, so I changed them for the blue down light bulbs you get from Bunnings. They were well different then.

Jockney Rebel
19-12-2007, 08:29 PM
.................orrrrr u can get downlights with 26 or 40 leds in em instead of the halogens from jaycar same intensity without the heat still wont light up the night tho

debaser
20-12-2007, 06:21 AM
Got pulled by the filth and its the first thing they looked at. You have to have "E" stamped glass for legality. Plus they are not worth a pinch of shit in the dark. The other thing they asked about was the max kph setting that was showing on my bicycle speedo I still use.

lewis
20-12-2007, 09:54 AM
i had a set, Im a retained fire fighter for NSWFB and most of my call outs are night time, i low sided on gravel on my way to one as i simply couldnt see, even with the streetlights on!

fimpBIKES
20-12-2007, 10:33 AM
i dont think the "e" marking means jack-all here

but at least u will know u are getting a decent light (like the acerbis cyclopes etc)

Slain
20-12-2007, 10:40 AM
im in the process of making a custom 6 inch round light using a 55w projector in the centre and 8 x 4 bulb leds around the edge, hopefully its bright enough

zx12argh
20-12-2007, 01:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by Slain

im in the process of making a custom 6 inch round light using a 55w projector in the centre and 8 x 4 bulb leds around the edge, hopefully its bright enough

[:O] Sounds cool - got any progress shots?

debaser
20-12-2007, 06:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

i dont think the "e" marking means jack-all here

but at least u will know u are getting a decent light (like the acerbis cyclopes etc)

Done the research and you do need e-stamp to be legal.

fimpBIKES
21-12-2007, 08:41 AM
but thats a euro standard, i wouldnt have thought it counts here

cant remember seeing it on the busa light i have laying around...
hav to check it out later

i do know that headlight swaps are meant to need an engineers certificate
mainly due to the mounts i think, but still SHOULD be done

debaser
22-12-2007, 09:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

but thats a euro standard, i wouldnt have thought it counts here

cant remember seeing it on the busa light i have laying around...
hav to check it out later

i do know that headlight swaps are meant to need an engineers certificate
mainly due to the mounts i think, but still SHOULD be done

It will be on the busa headlight. Euro or e-mark means it is suitable for our-european standards and conditions, with a bias for riding on the right(left)hand side of the road etc. Has saftey glass etc. Dot is for america and.... who cares, and is for the wrong(right) hand side of the road blah blah blah.

I only checked this out because the mechanic that did my (pink slip? when living in sydney) pointed out that if I injured/killed someone whilst using downlights as headlights could raise some legal issues.