PDA

View Full Version : you know when ur a fighter..

Thruan
18-12-2007, 02:31 PM
hey guys, was just wondering if there was a 'you know ur a streetfighter when......' thread.. tried searching but i couldnt find anything..

cause im only new to building a fighter ive noticed how my attitude toward things have changed, poking around ebay isnt just looking for gsxr parts anymore, its looking for any part that i can adapt to fit on mine..

or looking at bikes and thinking if i had that tail, cut that bit off, change that, fiberglass that bit, that'd look sweet..

sharky
18-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Sounds like you got it in one mate.

Thruan
18-12-2007, 05:34 PM
i was more looking for a long list that ppl can add to and laugh at them selves as they read things that they do without really noticing...

debaser
18-12-2007, 05:37 PM
You may have just started it.

Thruan
18-12-2007, 06:06 PM
i hope so. would be cool if everyone could come up with a short story or something.. :D

KATO ZX7
18-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Me loves to shop for pretties !!
Me loves new shynies for my bike !!

sharky
18-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Oh god, another Des

....."its......shiny....must......have....for......bike. ......." :D

Weaselman
18-12-2007, 06:37 PM
you know your a fighter when nothing new out is as good as your clapped out slab side that you know is way cooler than the plastic shit on the roads

Thruan
18-12-2007, 06:39 PM
good one weaselman! thats the kind of thing im after :D

KATO ZX7
18-12-2007, 06:57 PM
I bet you Des hasnt got parts like mine !!

Weaselman
18-12-2007, 07:02 PM
hey i ride a 2 stroke... they used to be the bikes to have.

Now people couldnt tell you what a 2 stroke was around here.

jakam04
18-12-2007, 07:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by KATO ZX7

$10,000 in a dodgy thai surgery and he can.... lol

Jarrod

DAMN.... I wasted my 1000th post on this post....:D

KATO ZX7
18-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Happy 1000th. Ha Ha Ha.

zx12argh
18-12-2007, 08:39 PM
You know you ride a fighter when a cops stare at you on the bike trying to work out what the hell you are riding and whether or not its worth pulling you over...

I had a cop stare at me for 5 minutes stuck in traffic the other day. Started to think my fly was undone or something... It was a female officer of the law tho - she was probably working up the courage to ask me for a shag ;)

Thruan
18-12-2007, 09:12 PM
LOL zx12, i had the very same thing today.. was driving down the road, copper was coming from a side street, full on examined the bike as i went past, thought he was gona pull me up but didnt.

you know ur a fighter when random's ask u 'what the hell is it' then dont like it when u say 'a bike'

u know ur a fighter when ppl ignore the sport bike in front of u and stare in awe at ur busted ass fighter. (well mines busted ass atm lol)

suxukifreak
18-12-2007, 09:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by KATO ZX7

You show me your parts, and i will show you mine. [^]

debaser
18-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Yeah! all of the above. You know for sure when tools at lights and servos ask stupid questions. One old boy on a harley said my first fighter looked like a dirt bike and a sport bike got drunk and fucked, and that my bike was the result. He had air horns and a sheep skin seat cover.

fimpBIKES
19-12-2007, 06:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

You know you ride a fighter when a cops stare at you on the bike trying to work out what the hell you are riding and whether or not its worth pulling you over...

had one of those just then on the way to work
then my arrow went and i fucked off outta there :D

BANDITROD
19-12-2007, 07:09 AM
you know your a fighter when you park your bike next too a ducati 1098 and you come back to find everybody looking at your ride instead of the ducati

Pab13
19-12-2007, 07:25 AM
You know when your a fighter when (true story) riding to Phillip Island for the GP ZPower is

in front of Rod ducati rider checking out Rods bike almost runs into the side of ZPower.

You know how those ducati riders spend 99% of there time checking out there own bikes.

jakam04
19-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Si.... Maybe this could be Decembers Members Comp?

Just a thought

Jarrod

Weaselman
19-12-2007, 06:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by Pab13

You know when your a fighter when (true story) riding to Phillip Island for the GP ZPower is

in front of Rod ducati rider checking out Rods bike almost runs into the side of ZPower.

You know how those ducati riders spend 99% of there time checking out there own bikes.

glad i was the other 1 percent...

BANDITROD
19-12-2007, 07:01 PM
yeah i remember that one pab i was pointing to mick and the guy on the duc was to busy giving me thumbs up and near on rode straight into mick and his biker mole

Gix11
19-12-2007, 07:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by jakam04

Si.... Maybe this could be Decembers Members Comp?

Just a thought

Jarrod

I think I might have missed December by accident.....

I'll get January's idea together.

lewis
20-12-2007, 10:04 AM
You know your on a fighter when your best mate swaps you on a ride for his 07 gsxr600, and all you can think is give my bike back!

Thruan
20-12-2007, 05:17 PM
keep em coming guys!

Thruan
20-12-2007, 11:28 PM
u know ur a fighter when mates uve ridden with when the bike was plastic dont recognise u or beleve that the bike is the same bike... then sit there asking tons of questions...

jakam04
21-12-2007, 08:28 AM
You know your a fighter when your mates continually ask when your going to put your bike back together and you just sit there and laugh at them.:D

zx12argh
21-12-2007, 08:48 AM
You know your a fighter when you go to an organised ride and half the people turn up in cars cause the bikes in pieces ;)

Jockney Rebel
21-12-2007, 11:11 PM
u know ur bikes a fighter when ......
the classic bike mob try to lynch u for cutting up that rare Z1 and making it go/handle / stop
u its 3 weeks old and u start cutting bits off it coss they re fugly
u have 31 empty cans of matt black paint in ur bin
u look at new bikes in the press and think "donors'
u actually think ur rg500 would be great with renthals , italian running gear, and a big bore kit
ur a test pilot for its latest shed built addition
or [this ones for Russ]work out how to succesfully mill ur clutch cover with a router

zedsled
22-12-2007, 12:08 AM
You know your a fighter when you dont blink an eye at the cost of a dyna 2000 or a set of rs mikunis, but crap on about cans of matt black being $3.95

debaser
22-12-2007, 08:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by zedsled

You know your a fighter when you dont blink an eye at the cost of a dyna 2000 or a set of rs mikunis, but crap on about cans of matt black being $3.95

Baahaaahaaa yup.Too true.

traviss
23-12-2007, 08:01 PM
You know your a fighter when you have 5 bikes in the garage and only 1's going
You know your a fighter when your jealous "bigtime" of exbens garage ....

hmmmnz
03-01-2008, 01:22 AM
you know your a fighter when the 3 bikes you own are in peices and the bike you are riding at the moment is your mates, and you are contemplating pulling the fairings off to do him a favour :D

Fish
08-01-2008, 10:16 PM
You know you're a fighter when:

Every bike you see you think "that would look great fightered with a hair dryer".

You see a 50cc scooter and wonder how to take the plastic off and if you can fit a gsxr engine in the underseat compartment.

You accuse all your mates of having shares in tupperware.

If you can't see the metal threads on your back tyre it's still good for a burnout.

Life just isn't as fun on two wheels as it is on one.

papa smurf
09-01-2008, 11:17 AM

Spot on, hahahaha;)

zx12argh
09-01-2008, 12:14 PM

You know your a fighter when you have your own perfered choice of matt black.
Mines Septone Satin Finish. Its purty.

Weaselman
09-01-2008, 02:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bitchfish

Every bike you see you think "that would look great fightered with a hair dryer".

You see a 50cc scooter and wonder how to take the plastic off and if you can fit a gsxr engine in the underseat compartment.

If you can't see the metal threads on your back tyre it's still good for a burnout.

I just installed NOS in my friends Vespa baby yeah!

Fish
09-01-2008, 08:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

COOL, I told a mate about that and he want's to know how you did it? any probs, wet or dry shot etc. bloody scooter nut he is.

papa smurf
10-01-2008, 11:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

You know your a fighter when you have your own perfered choice of matt black.
Mines Septone Satin Finish. Its purty.

White Knight satin black. Tough as.

Weaselman
10-01-2008, 08:52 PM

quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

COOL, I told a mate about that and he want's to know how you did it? any probs, wet or dry shot etc. bloody scooter nut he is.

I'll get some specs for you... but the nos system was a single wet shot fogger. direct port.

70hp at the button baby yeah

12-01-2008, 06:57 AM
Ya bust up with ya missus and ya left broke and busted.....and first thing ya do is run to the garage and start creating

sharky
12-01-2008, 08:36 AM
quote:White Knight satin black. Tough as.
The Bunnings special....man after me own 'eart.

xb9r
12-01-2008, 03:06 PM
You know you are a fighter when you are at a fuel station with a pack of wicked "superbikes" and you come out and people are taking photos of your ride beacause its so different to all the others

Thruan
23-01-2008, 02:41 PM
u know ur a fighter when some random guy walks past ur bike and another fighter and says 'couple of tough lookin bikes guys'

and when ur riding down the road, and a guy on a buell almost breaks his neck and runs into a gutter to look at u going the other way.. lol laughed my ass off at that

scotty mac
23-01-2008, 02:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Thruan

u know ur a fighter when some random guy walks past ur bike and another fighter and says 'couple of tough lookin bikes guys'

x2 [8D]

Res7
16-02-2008, 12:03 AM
You know you're a fighter when you are in the Bunnings car park and someone asks to hear your bike, and you have to say it won't start. (I hate electrics)