PDA

View Full Version : New to it all - Perth

84DGR
22-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Hey Guys / Girls

I'm new to the bike scene and about to start Fightering my Hyo GT250r (I should have bought the gt650r now that LAMs is here) I know I will cop flaming about it being a Hyo yet it was the right price for a learner bike

So I am starting off with a GT250r.... removing all fairing, headlight, gauges. Clean and starting again, Looking into finding parts yet im not sure where to get them... could anyone suggest a few places?

Im in Cottesloe

cheers

84DGR

BANDITROD
22-01-2013, 01:15 PM
ok welcome abaord mate now have you had a look around on ebay you could get yourself some twin dominator style lights and brackets pretty cheap their are prob cheaper sets avail im just using this for a reference
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BLACK-Twin-Dominator-Headlights-Bracket-Indicators-GSF1200-Bandit-43-46mm-Forks-/310380710066?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item484421c8b2

84DGR
22-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Spot on, They're the style I'm looking for, I'm thinking of heading out to MCPLUS tomorrow in Kewdale, I have just been looking at the website and noticed they have in the picture Triumph twins, that would be perfect. Im contemplating doing the bracket myself with a makeshift mod to the Hyo GT naked mounting bracket.

BANDITROD
22-01-2013, 01:55 PM
sounds good and one of our members used to work there and they are a top notch bunch of blokes from what i read and as for the trumpy headlights i reckon they will be exspensive if you buy genuine ones new... maybe have a look for some second hand ones

Gix11
22-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Yea, welcome aboard mate. Rock Hard used to work there and I've been there myself to see him at work once. They have shit loads of racks in there with all sorts of parts of old bikes. You'd find something for sure. Shit; Rock Hard built a complete bike from the parts shelf in there!

84DGR
22-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Really??? Shit that's awesome, I was more into moding cars, so shouldn't be too hard to sort out a bike, something about having something that isn't standard appeals to me.
I have a spare tank and a few clips ons that came with Purchase, I want to keep the clipons on it and replacing the pillion seat with a cover,
Just saw this also http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dllviewItem&item=300842732715&fromMakeTrack=true#ht_4002wt_1271 yet I think it may be too big for what I want

Thanks for the help guys, I will post a few pics of the pre-dismantle during and post. My Brother is also doing one, however we have just been caught up with riding it first (I bought it before XMAS then went back to brisbane for 3wks so when i got back I just wanted to ride)

Throw any ideas or problems to watch out for at me, that would be great

hyofighter
22-01-2013, 02:17 PM
welcome man , hyo's hey been there myself , great bikes for bang for buck , build quality is a bit on the average side but who cares , here is my thread from my gt650 some pics are gone but theres enough that you get the idea http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?3431-hyofighters-ride&highlight=hyofighter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JHPk_iemYY
as for the question in the WA bit motorcycle masters are a top joint all my bike related stuff comes from there top blokes helpful and the gear they have FARK , 250 to 650 wheels i think from memory front wheel is the same and i also thought the rear was too could be wrong , Korider a hyosung based forum is a great soarce of info plenty of people modding with all kinds of parts , the place was my home for a while

wackyrider
22-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Welcome mate

84DGR
22-01-2013, 09:51 PM
welcome man , hyo's hey been there myself , great bikes for bang for buck , build quality is a bit on the average side but who cares , here is my thread from my gt650 some pics are gone but theres enough that you get the idea http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?3431-hyofighters-ride&highlight=hyofighter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JHPk_iemYY
as for the question in the WA bit motorcycle masters are a top joint all my bike related stuff comes from there top blokes helpful and the gear they have FARK , 250 to 650 wheels i think from memory front wheel is the same and i also thought the rear was too could be wrong , Korider a hyosung based forum is a great soarce of info plenty of people modding with all kinds of parts , the place was my home for a while

dude that bike looks fucking sweet.... hard t believe you started with a a full fairing bike
those headlights are exactly what i am looking for..

RevHead
22-01-2013, 10:02 PM
hey man welcome to the insane side!

hyofighter
23-01-2013, 01:13 AM
dude that bike looks fucking sweet.... hard t believe you started with a a full fairing bike
those headlights are exactly what i am looking for..
nar mine was a gt not R model , as for the lights they were britax angel eye ones , but they stopped making them though i have seen similar ones since

BillyWhizz888
23-01-2013, 11:37 PM
and some guys in perth have lots of parts gathering dust and might sell them cheaply...... :cool:

welcome

hyofighter
24-01-2013, 11:07 AM
tell me what you got billy im always looking for bits

Hagarr
24-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Giday!

we'll get you on to a real bike soon don't worry!

Hey Guys / Girls

I'm new to the bike scene and about to start Fightering my Hyo GT250r (I should have bought the gt650r now that LAMs is here) I know I will cop flaming about it being a Hyo yet it was the right price for a learner bike

So I am starting off with a GT250r.... removing all fairing, headlight, gauges. Clean and starting again, Looking into finding parts yet im not sure where to get them... could anyone suggest a few places?

Im in Cottesloe

cheers

84DGR

Azrael
24-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Welcome mate, dont be afraid to ask for help or advice theres a number of very clever fuckers on here and if u need help locally the wasf guys are a friendly bunch of hoonatics.

Bob
24-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Welcome mate,

CookyMon
28-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Gidday mate and welcome in! Got pics?