PDA

View Full Version : Near miss. have you had one!share.

RevHead
20-01-2013, 04:26 PM
i must have been 19 i was on my gsx750 et when i took off from the shops, when i slipped the clutch and popped up the front wheel,i must have been in 2nd when a head of me on the left a car drove straight out in front of me,i shat,thought im farked ,then the driver chucked his car into reverse,i went flying past the car ,only to relize what he had done farkkkkk!it was close

And one other close call i was on around about in Isabella plains many years ago A.C.T,this roundabout was dual lane, i entered on the right lane going straight through, the car that entered with me on my left hand side decided to turn right from the left lane,i remember seeing the guy in the left front seat scream at his wife and put his feet on the front screen ,i reckon the bitch missed me by 1 inch,

xa-mont
20-01-2013, 04:31 PM
I rode to work every day for about 2 years down Sydney road in Melbourne... it was a constant near miss.

stiffsimon
20-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Back when I was er more stoopid. Me on my RD 500 mate on his GPz 9.Long 120mph left hand sweeper, throttle wide open, sheep wanders out in front of me walks a few steps and stops to look at us. I went past it on the inside and my mate on the outside of it.
Stopped took my helmet off and dry wretched. Aaah good times.

Mr Ed
20-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Me and my, now, wife going to the Rock and Blues many years ago, going round a roundabout. Flicked from leaning right to left as the exit came round only to find some fuckwit in a cage also wants that exit and has come up the inside. It was a single lane so we're just about leaning on his front wing, Z650, 2up with camping gear wringing the arse off it. Made it, just, and thanked him with the usual 2 finger salute. How we laughed, nervously.

Weaselman
21-01-2013, 06:48 AM
Every time I put the keys in I get a near miss

safighter
21-01-2013, 07:05 AM
going down the road between macclesfeild and meadows about 140ks over a crest hit a roo with the right front fork did a handstand on the bars clipped a tree and didnt come off bike was a bit worse off but stayed on whooo,roo ended up with 8rounds from a cops gun in it ,sorry skip

wackyrider
21-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Riding my Aprilia RS125 with a group of friends on the coast road back in Malta. Come round a bend and a car is stopped on the side of the road as another car had flown off the road and onto the rocks. Looked into my mirror and the guys behind me where all veering to the right side of me so only choice I had was to slam on the brakes. Front wheel gripped like hell and the bike did a stoppie (endo) about 6 inches from the car's bumper. Only issue was the momentum sent me flying off the seat, however luckily i actually landed on my feet standing next to the bike with the bike resting on my right leg. No damage done.

Had to sit down for a while after that. lol

rod185651
21-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Late in 2007 I was looking for a bike to build into a fighter.

I nearly bought a Honda

wackyrider
21-01-2013, 07:55 PM

I nearly bought a Honda

What about your steering head bearings at NFR 2011!?!?!?!

BANDITROD
21-01-2013, 08:07 PM
hahahahahahahahahaha

I nearly bought a Honda

rod185651
21-01-2013, 08:08 PM
What about your steering head bearings at NFR 2011!?!?!?!

Ahh, That's right, I still feel Nauseous when I think about that one.

I had just replaced the front end on the Wretched before the NFR

We were going through the twisties on the second day and my bike developed a serious front end wobble on the brakes.

When we pulled up at the servo for fuel and a feed, I investigated the front end wobble to find that the head bearings had become loose because I had left a gap between the top triple clamp and the locking nut which holds the steering bearings in place.

Not much was holding the front end at the time. Ben sorted the problem, Jim provided the tools and Jules ripped into me for being a dickhead

BillyWhizz888
21-01-2013, 08:38 PM
What an admission of outstanding guiltiness.....
you asked for it....

1976, brand spanking new 50cc Fizzy
had just about run it in, was taking a shortcut across an old golf course when I spotted a group opf gurls sitting on the grass, up on the pegs he stood, chest out he da man I am sure they said... over the lip of the bunker I went
head in the sand I looked like a fkin Emu!!!!

slightly used Fizzy now, all the gang were standing outside a pub back in blighty
up the road your hero went, laying on the tank go go you good thang they screamed
damn there is a car turning right, thats OK plenty of room on the inside keep going and Whizz past
Batsards decided to go in the pub sop with right indicator on they turned left,
whammo into the front bumper, flying lessons were taking, landed in between the bollards, lucky landing
saying that the landlord called me old fella, he ran down the road as they were covering me up, had a fkin heart attack and they rushed him off to hospital and I got to wait for the next one

Grieves trail bike
was going great guns until I forget everything was on the other foot
hurt pride, ripped clothes and more dosh to pay out for someone else's bike
Yammy 250B
went into a garage to fuel up
thought I would pump the fcuk out of the oil dispenser, came out to find oil all under the bike
thats OK I thought just lift it up and walk forward
would have been OK if I had not caught the stand in my jeans
ever laid on a garage forecourt with 20 silly twats smiling at you (does this one count)

Same Yammy 250B
44 of us went on a Sunday run down the coast, some newbie overtook us and missed the turn off
we stopped, tis ok said the newb, we can go down this road, it meets up with the other one
100mph racing down the lanes
over taking cars up the bansk as it was a single lane
faster faster... bump why are we flying (I hate flying lessons)
we hit a 18 inch subsided crossroads the first 6 bikes were written off, the next 8 badly damaged
broken everythings for lots of people,
I had rather a lot of skin missing so much so I was on my stomach for the best part of 3 months

Yammy 250LC why dont I ever listen, borrowed a mates (was a mate)
come a leaping up the road, the opposite way from the pub some old twat stepped off the path I swerved and went through the front porch of a house oppositie to where I lived

Honda 250 banana
another borrowed bike, my mate at the Honda dealership
lent me his 250 while he was repairing mine
off we went to a rural disco, apart from the usual scrap afterwards all seemed well but riding home blind drunk
someone thought all lights out except the lead rider...
needless to say most of us ended up in a field, one went into a ditch, you got it

CB900, this ones a corker, trundling down towards town
started to get stung inside me helmet lost count and also consciousness
through the factory fence I went

Same CB900 after repair
different road, different wasp but through another fence I went, this time the garden dropped into a back year
bike written off, but they were having a bar b so got a burger (yes the do have the odd good day in the UK)

Went years and years without anything until 2 years back when the WASF were out jiggling the country lanes
following the lead bike saw a dust ball and some shingle blow up, anchored on not knowing what was on the blind corner
didn't want to take a punt so looked up and picked a spot in amongst the trees, that was the frozen pea bag incident
lesson learned, hit the fcuking corner, if you slide off so be it :o

There, giggle away at those

RevHead
22-01-2013, 10:15 PM
back in 2007 i bought a filthy 900 blade ,i bought it in bundaberg ,and was riding it back to macksville ,when 2ks from home i saw out the corner of my eye what looked like a wallaby ,well i was doing 120 just coming out of a right hander , straightened here up "BANG" scared the fark out of me, took the thing on my left hand side ,the furry fuck went under the front and came out the back,i i thought fuck id better stop ,to check the bike,this took about 800metres as when i touched the front brakes it dove to the left,so back brake only,i stopped ,did a 6 point reverse turn ,and heard something rubbing ,i got off and ,well lets say the forks were bent 3 inches back and 2 inches to the right ,and all the front plastics were rooted ,cracks everywere ,but i never came off ,

cjburns esq
08-02-2013, 09:00 AM
I watched as a mate on an old CB750 with comstar wheels had his rear wheel desintegrate at 100kph and witnessed him ride it out.

Near miss for me was a night ride two u7p down Brown Mountain on the way to the GP and as I was cranked over in a r/h corner I saw the wombat..........
just missed him with the front wheel but got him with my foot. Ripped the rubber off the Katana's right peg, broke my foot and spent the next three days at Phillip island to scared to take the boot off in case my foot swelled and I couldn't get it back on again for the ride home

Snake_Doctor
08-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Most memorable Near miss (1)

17 years old Learner lincence, Going full tilt boogie between Glen Reagh NSW and Nana Glen near Coffs Harbour

RZ250K thinking I am the Shit!!!.

Come into a right hander hugging the line and O shit car coming other direction just over the line on my side FUCK!!

adjusted my line went wide into the loose shit , got into the dreaded death wobble at about 130 KPH

felt the armco rail rubbing my left leg and then BAM ! back on the grippy stuff again.

had to pull up and re-evaluate my decision making paradines that day, and clean out the shit out my undies.

AHHHH to be 17 and bullet proof.

Most memorable Near miss (2)

Same age same bike, Pulling up redrock road NSW 40 ks south of grafton near Corindi Beach.

about 140 or so over the top of a blind crest and WTF a Britz Aust camper stopped right in the middle of the road just over the crest taking in the view of the ocean.

they nearly had a visitor and, I am still to this day not sure how I got around them, I think maybe I vibrated my molecules so fast I past right through them :)

anyways I stopped and was going to give them a mouth full of knuckles but they drove off heading for redrock, I followed
fuming over it and when they stopped at the shop I got off with all intention of kicking some ass when BAM!!!

who got out of the van , none other than what could have been the whole german wrestling team, and Arnie look alikes,
I just shook my finger and said "be be be more careful next time".

NINJAINOZ
08-02-2013, 01:21 PM
No mention of the near miss for the poor black dog, Gee he was lucky

RevHead
08-02-2013, 02:39 PM
No mention of the near miss for the poor black dog, Gee he was lucky

thats no near miss as i lost skin ,by definition near miss is not to come off,lol

NINJAINOZ
08-02-2013, 03:10 PM
The dog was fine, Wasnt it a near miss for him?

You lost skin but the road gained some

maggs
08-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Bought a new 1993 FZR 1000B and the first ride was a run from Brissy to Ayers Rock or so it was called back then. Out in the middle of NT I was closing in on a 3 trailer road train at 200+ ready to flick out and mow him down when out from the road train rear wheels popped out the biggest roo I've ever seen. By the time the brain registered what was about to happen and sent the signal to my hands, the roo's arsehole sailed past my visor within an inch or so. I got such a shock that I almost rear ended the road train. As this happened at about noon I figured later that the road train must have run over a dead roo. We only rode between 9 AM and 3 PM to avoid roos but we rode really fast and back then there was no speed limit out there. Oh for the good old days. I did end up crashing a few hours later but that wasn't a near miss.

Bob
08-02-2013, 07:08 PM
NFR 2012, chasing Travis and Jas. Miss judged the corner and landed in the bog. At least nothing broke on the bike!

Some of you were there!! lol :)

K6Thou
08-02-2013, 07:25 PM
A little while ago I was trying to clear my head (read taking my frustrations out) and was well over $2 on a double lane road when the mini van in the left lane decided to pull out and pass the car ahead..... Nowhere to go but the fog line on the right hand side of said mini van...... Still here to tell the tale.

Gix11
08-02-2013, 07:54 PM
I did end up crashing a few hours later but that wasn't a near miss.

Now that made me laugh.

FIGHTERMC
09-02-2013, 07:37 AM
truck took me out on my 6 month old 929 blade.
bike in shit and me in shit for a while.

hooligan
09-02-2013, 08:10 PM
i almost binned it riding down to phillip island with Si and Supercharger. Supercharger is one of the smoothest road riders i have ever seen, and i was probably trying a bit hard to keep up.
around a left hand bend, my footpeg dug in, the bike stood up, and i went off the road through gravel heading at a huge fucking rock face. I managed to pull it up very close to the rock, with nothing more than skidmarks in my undies and a blown fork seal.

Gix11
09-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Ha, I remember that. I knew better than to try and keep up with Supercharger. I was wondering why you were over that side of the road.