PDA

View Full Version : power commander

RevHead
28-12-2012, 07:39 PM
looking at fitting a power commander 3 to my busa ,as this new engine is a little bit gutless compared to the original donk will this help
in 1st and 2nd gear there very similar,but in 3rd and 4th it is much slower revving and lacks the mind blowing blur of the original motor.
if i had to compare the motors by using 2x model bikes ,i say the new motor is closer to a 1000,cc bike with its top end acceleration ,were a busa will leave most 1000 cc bikes like there stopped.

any info much appreciated

FIGHTERMC
29-12-2012, 01:05 AM
there are a few mods that can be done
which includes removing the pair valve
and also theres an
air box mod.i had a busa a couple of years back and done them
and then fitted a commander but by fook did it drink petrol.
i'm not an expert but these mods could help and will cost nothing to do.
rgds mc.

oldskool
29-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Did you put new plugs in this bus?
If so it sounds like the secondary butterflies are not opening, you could try removing them so they are open all the time.
A disconnected clutch switch can cause this.

RevHead
29-12-2012, 08:04 AM
there are a few mods that can be done
which includes removing the pair valve
and also theres an
air box mod.i had a busa a couple of years back and done them
and then fitted a commander but by fook did it drink petrol.
i'm not an expert but these mods could help and will cost nothing to do.
rgds mc.thank you, with the air box mod ,i fitted a stock air box to the motor as it had this mod done ,and it was really asmatic around 7000rpm,the pollution gear,fresh air injection into the exhaust ports has been removed ,aswell,

StuNVA
29-12-2012, 03:25 PM
I put a power commander on mine and it really helped with the lower end and smoothed out the top end. They are a good thing Pete, they smooth it all out which in turn makes it feel much happier. As for horsepower gains, well they are not huge maybe 5 - 10 with a system and filter included but the smoothness makes all the difference.

RevHead
29-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Did you put new plugs in this bus?
If so it sounds like the secondary butterflies are not opening, you could try removing them so they are open all the time.
A disconnected clutch switch can cause this.
i have fitted new plugs,just the normal ones like you stated ,t has a new K&N filter an my zorst,the clutch switch is connected .

Stu my old motor was rough as gutts down low ,this motor is smooth as down low but is rooted up top, dead wont accelerate struggles after 7,000rpm

K6Thou
29-12-2012, 05:29 PM
I know fuck all about most things but does your bike have a Timing retard eliminator Pete ? Did the old one ?

RevHead
29-12-2012, 05:43 PM
I know fuck all about most things but does your bike have a Timing retard eliminator Pete ? Did the old one ?no it hasnt got a TRE,nor did the old motor

BANDITROD
29-12-2012, 09:08 PM
did you use your old fueltank and pump pete and have you cleaned the teabag filter as dylan suggested in your other thread as the symptoms you are describing are exactly the same as my gixxer and it was the filter

RevHead
29-12-2012, 09:23 PM
i have cleaned it ,ive been trying to hunt up another ive got a couple in my ebay watch list but need to wait, till everything opens

BANDITROD
29-12-2012, 10:14 PM
cleaning didnt help mine i ended up buying a new genuine one from suzuki for $40

RevHead
29-12-2012, 10:40 PM
right il do that next thursday