PDA

View Full Version : Yella's Drag Busa

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Yella
16-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Hello again.
As some may know I have purchased a Busa to turn into a drag bike :p
Its a 02 stat write off frame with Pete's 99 (3 cylinder) motor. Don't have it in the shed just yet but will not be long :D:cool:.

As you can see it has a couple of scratches and small marks on the plastic but nothing to worry about. Will eventually get/find/make some race glass for it anyway

Figure I can get Pete's motor going one way or another with a bit of shed time and should be able to pull some good numbers from the Bus and have a shit load of fun.
Final set up is still to be worked out but will want some sort of assistance either turbo or NOS later down the track so that should be fun.

Anyway going to start with getting it running correct , stripping anything that's not needed, re-gearing -1 +4 or 5 from what I have found so far is good and maybe lower and stretch ( see how it goes)
I am open to any and all suggestions, hints, info from people in the know ( or anyone for that matter) as I know nothing about the busa except people say they are fast. So let them fly :cool:
And if anyone has a soft copy of the workshop manual kicking around that probably wouldn't hurt aswell.
Will keep ya posted with times and mods as it progresses.

K6Thou
16-12-2012, 09:38 PM
So you selling the 1216 Gixer then mate ?

BANDITROD
16-12-2012, 09:39 PM
good stuff yella im sure a man of your talents will get it sorted

Yella
16-12-2012, 09:46 PM
1216 is still with El Hefty for the moment logistic's of it all got in the way. if its still around in a couple of months I will see what I can do.

Thanks Rod should get it sorted. Stinging to get into it.

RevHead
16-12-2012, 10:08 PM
ok come Wednesday night im fitting the busa at the rear of the picci with its motor ,wiring ,and getting it to a point were it is all back together ,here,s were im at with it
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/399362_3910445531767_1136085327_n.jpg

megawatt
19-12-2012, 03:57 AM
Get the front end strapped down and the back end lengthened about 10 inches. Lower the back end and stiffen the shock , but don't lock it up. Ditch at least one disc and caliper and any other weight you don't need. Weight is everything with dragbikes. Run an airshifter and a lockup clutch if you can afford it.

ozzy1100
19-12-2012, 07:57 PM
sorry but i have to giggle at people takeing off one disk on a bike like this to save wieght
get the bike running right leave it close to stock and see what you get it to do
become a better drag racer before you start the ive got a bigger dick and must have type raceing i see at the track
if its a track only thing just lower the front and yes you will prob end up with a longer swing arm
lock up is good slider is better but its easy to spend 3k by the time you do 2 step bigger housing etc
I have seen so many people that just poor more money into a bike instead of just getting the basics right
sorry rant over lol
From what i have seen of you yella I dont think there will be a prob :-)
have you thought about class or you just want to see what you can run ?

RevHead
19-12-2012, 09:44 PM
i spent today bolting the busa back together for Ian,will paint the fuel tank tomorrow ,and sort a few more things out onit
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/537630_3938511433397_432465946_n.jpg

RevHead
19-12-2012, 09:46 PM
also changed the front tyre to one thats round not lumpy, so it will feel 100% better

Jed
20-12-2012, 07:44 AM
i spent today bolting the busa back together for Ian,will paint the fuel tank tomorrow ,and sort a few more things out onit

Have you got some orange paint left over:p

Yella
20-12-2012, 07:49 AM
have you thought about class or you just want to see what you can run ?

Gunna get the weight as low as possible but don't like the idea of running one disc I know how much work the 2 on the 7 do when I need to pull up.Im going to go low and long but I want to run hand clutch foot shift and see how quick I can get then look at shifters and the like later.

Going to see what I can run at first then look at what class. I have a mate thats buildng a 1100 and we plan to do a good set of tests first then slowly do some more serious meets ;)

ozzy1100
20-12-2012, 08:09 AM
sounds like a plan :-)
most of the class's that you will look at are dial yr own so constant is more important
at a old sckool meet one time some one on a 80cc 2 stroke won the day at 26 sec lol
in the final this bike was v joey on his 8 sec efe funny to watch i can tell u

Tony Nitrous
20-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Removing a disc to save weight ?
Some guys with Busa's are adding lead weights "Bricks" to Busa's
and others have used dumbbell weights bolted through the front wheel spindle.
Depends on what wheelbase you have and what your limited too.
I've found it easier to find traction than to keep the front end down on Busa's.

Lots of folk seem keen to "fast track" to quicker speeds and lower times
with bolt-on's and mods. I see new guys at the drags with sticky tyres,
strapped front ends, lowering links, mirrors removed, quick shifters etc etc.

If your not running a VERY low 10 on a Busa or B-King in FULL street trim,
full height, street tyre preasures etc etc then YOU are the bikes restriction,
any modded Bus or King (long arm/lowered) not running in the 9's needs a
better rider.

Makes me smile to see guys with there "set up for the strip" bike beaten
by guys on stock bikes.

I'd say do very limited mod's to the bike untill you've put in a LOT of run's
and a lot of time at the strip. Untill you have some good times (very low
10's as it is) and your very consistant.

Good thread Yella,
I'd love a serious Drag Busa.
Will keep an eye on this.

StuNVA
20-12-2012, 10:07 AM
sounds like a plan :-)
most of the class's that you will look at are dial yr own so constant is more important
at a old sckool meet one time some one on a 80cc 2 stroke won the day at 26 sec lol
in the final this bike was v joey on his 8 sec efe funny to watch i can tell u

They are the worst races, I pipped a postie bike by about .1 in the finals once, I couldn't believe how far away he was when my light went green.

This is useful http://www.gearingcommander.com/, NOS seems to be the best bang for your buck after you do all the normal mods. Press button shifters look nice to have too. I'm a big believer in ride it there ride it home though.

RevHead
20-12-2012, 05:09 PM
one thing i can say about the motor in this bike, is ,it is an animal ,compared to the motor ive fitted to my bike ,the power from 99 busa to a k2 busa is so different,Ian will get it sorted and itl make him grin ,

RevHead
21-12-2012, 08:20 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/230211_3948184035206_1563441424_n.jpg
got the tank painted today ,just a few small things to finish off tomorrow then off to a yella home!

ozzy1100
21-12-2012, 09:41 PM
They are the worst races, I pipped a postie bike by about .1 in the finals once, I couldn't believe how far away he was when my light went green.

This is useful http://www.gearingcommander.com/, NOS seems to be the best bang for your buck after you do all the normal mods. Press button shifters look nice to have too. I'm a big believer in ride it there ride it home though.

bet that was a pain, funny to see not so funny to race lol
nos isnt with out its set backs but it do allways look good bang for buck :-)

megawatt
22-12-2012, 03:46 AM
Is this bike gonna be ridden on the road? If not, why carry weight that you don't need? In 1983 I ran a standard 998 Katana engine with modded CV carbs and a V&H system in a Pro Stock chassis. You don't need twin discs on a dragbike , so get rid of one and a caliper. I got rid of the starter motor, big battery and the alternator. Headlight, tailight, standard steel tank and any brackets that weren't needed. The less the bike weighs, the less power(insert money here) is needed for quick times. I ran 10.7 ETs with a stock 998 engine and 10.37 with an air shifter. I did run a longer swingarm with a 150 tyre. The bike didn't wheelie or spin up the rear tyre. It just went forward. Isn't that the idea or do you want to spend money on engine mods.? All I did was dial the cams in!!!
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r240/megawattblade/My Bike pix/My_GSX-1.jpg
I know those aren't CVs, but you get the idea?

Tony Nitrous
22-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Dont think this bike will be road registered ?
as he mentioned in the original post it was a write off ?

I raced 80's GSX and own one now, with and without long arms,
also raced two Busa's and a B-King, stock wheelbase.
Old and new are VERY different animals and behave very differently.

Front end weight is very relevent to wheelbase.
If your racing in a class with a limited length then its pointless removing
a disc or front end weight. In stock or restricted classes its not unusual
to ADD weight, a Busa can be made to make plenty plenty of ponys and
get plenty of grip, then try and keep the front end down.
http://www.ballzmotorsports.com/Brock-s-Performance-Bolt-On-Brick-15-lbs-Busa-99-p/930229.htm

Yella, are you on http://www.dragbike.com.au/ ?

Yella
22-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Bikes not going to be rego'd just raced.
Yeh on dragbike.com.au lots of reading no posting as yet. Also on www.psychobike.com heaps of reading to be done.

Picking up the the bike tomorrow nothing like a Sunday road trip :cool:. Found a PDF of manual so thats good.

RevHead
22-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Dont think this bike will be road registered ?
as he mentioned in the original post it was a write off ?

spot on Tony its a stat write off ! cannot be registered ,in any state or territory in Australia,

stiffsimon
22-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Er Am I missing something Pete? Isn't this thread about Yella's Busa? I noticed (ahem) that you already have your own self promotion, sorry, build thread about your own bike(s) maybe you just thought that people hadn't noticed that you had your own thread ��

rock hard
22-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Hey Yella, ozzy1100 said !! definatley lower it make sure the torque back limiter in the back of the clutch is sorted or fuck it off leave it stock length and learn to ride it..i have read your posts on the turbo build and you seem to have plenty of talent in tuning..but in my humble opinoion go big bore there is a great bloke Ross smith races a big bore busa 14something cc was last years W.A. Comp bike champion stock length arm super consistent riding..built him self as for turbo's they don't have the consistency at the drags especialy when the hot weather hits there are a few in Modbike and the only consistent bloke is tom with a turbo cb13 naked...so good luck mate i know you have the skill to make it work but remember to just have some fun and dont take it too serious Rocket and i have a fuckin ball every weekend at the drags just racing and pulling the piss and the big fella and i have some half decent results along the way..stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha

Tony Nitrous
22-12-2012, 10:18 AM
make sure the torque back limiter in the back of the clutch is sorted or fuck it off
Wise words. I'd forgotten about that. Shitty things.
Plenty of kits to remove them, I think some do it DIY ?
Gen2/King ones seem even worse than Gen1's.

stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha
Love it !!!, I must remember that.

Yella
22-12-2012, 10:29 AM
So tell me about the back torque limiter.
I have read that it needs to be sorted
1 you can weld them?
2 A kit that fits an washer that locks it up
3 New clutch basket

But you need to fit heavier springs and a slave cylinder support.

Someone also said to leave it as its a good thing dunno.
Something to do with the BTL assisting in stopping the clutch slipping

Its on one of the pages I have saved for Xmas break reading, plan to study up during the down time.

Tony Nitrous
22-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Never liked the clutch one either of my Gen1's and the B-King is worse.
Only ridden one with a modded clutch and it was waaaaay better.

Stock is fine for day to day "normal" riding, but I personaly hate the
feel of a hard launch and struggle to get a smooth take off under power.

Mine will be for road use too, but as I grew up with Z1000/Kat/CB750/etc
im working on the theory I wont miss what I never had. I dont bang down
3 gears and expect a "back torque limiter" to save me anyway!

I've been looking into it, and this may be the option I take....
(or something very similar)

http://www.brocksperformance.com/Ultra-Clutch-Mod-Billet-Steel+I270175+C29.aspx

http://www.rcsperformanceonline.com/Hayabusa_Ultra_Clutch_Mod_Brock_p/hayabusa ultra clutch mod.htm

I've ridden a couple of Gen2/Kings that when you pull up to a stop using engine
braking seem to "load up" the BTL, pulling away gives a "CLUNK" before moving.
Pulling up at a set of lights you needed to give the clutch a little bite to unload
the BTL to get a smooth launch. Others have reported the same and im told the
Brocks mod (or similar) will remove this issue.

RevHead
22-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Er Am I missing something Pete? Isn't this thread about Yella's Busa? I noticed (ahem) that you already have your own self promotion, sorry, build thread about your own bike(s) maybe you just thought that people hadn't noticed that you had your own thread ��

Il explain it to you, i bought it to wreck into my busa,then Ian bought the left over bike and parts off me to turn into a drag bike,so being the good bloke that i am ,i put the whole bike back together ,for Ian ,merry xmas stiff

this is why im posting these pictures here ,so when you READ the WHOLE thread nothing will be missing cheers

ozzy1100
22-12-2012, 03:20 PM
pete for the love of god look up a word called facetious on goggle........

stiffsimon
22-12-2012, 03:33 PM
:rolleyes: ;)

RevHead
22-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Fuck off ozzy ,i was being asked a question to why i was posting here ,so fuck off ,ok ,i know the word ,so stop being an arse!

RevHead
22-12-2012, 04:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j4GfrR2HeA&feature=share&list=UUBJN56yCRY dOU3IMwib0H5Q

ozzy1100
22-12-2012, 04:19 PM
pete did you stop to think he was just taking the piss and of course he read the whole fucking thread...
or did you stop to think I dont try and be a cunt, when in all your time here have you seen me be nasty.....
learn to read between the lines.
I have asked around over the time you have been here and most say your a good bloke, some have even said that you would give a man the shirt of your back to help others. This is from people I respect and there is no nobeler way to live your life.
But and this is a big but..... you act like a boy jumping up and down for the attention of those around you.
There is nothing wrong with that and those that know me think pretty much the same about me.
The thing is attention can be good , bad and indifferent and its how you deal with those things that people really draw a conclusion as to where they put you.
Learn to pay attention and the wieght of those chips you carry will be lighten consiberly.

RevHead
22-12-2012, 04:28 PM
it runs on all 4 on the can of gas ,plus i found another broken wire in the harness that i soldered up

rock hard
22-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Pete seriously mate just have a laugh..as i said to you about losing your dad if people didn't care or like you then why would they offer their condolences...i have never met you but i admire what you can do with a spray gun and you make me LMFAO when you ark up over just a bit of piss takin...lighten up FFS life is too short...now what am i doing on this fuckin computor im meeting Rocket to go RIDING ...sorry Yella im sure you already do but when you get this beast sorted use my theory on drag racing...its called the G.L.F. go like fuck...works a treat

ozzy1100
22-12-2012, 04:56 PM
rude pete when the fuck was I Rude lol
I didnt call you facetious I was saying simons post was facetous.....
as rockhard was saying to all parties is was some piss taking at a person that seems to leave himself open to it.
I think it would be a mistake to turn this into something it is not

RevHead
22-12-2012, 05:10 PM
http://www.franchisehelp.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/u-turn-vending-franchise-opportunities.jpg

stiffsimon
22-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Absolutely. It was just a bit of piss taking Pete nothing serious. I actually admire what you do and your go for it approach at bike building and you possess skills that I don't, it's just sometimes though you make me want to make a comment for whatever reason.

ozzy1100
22-12-2012, 05:28 PM
wtf are you on about pete.... what backflip uturn etc , i stand by all I have said
what piss's me of the most is I have done what I always tell myself not to do and that is to let some 1 wind me up
and you wonder why things end up like they did with Dylan and mozza (and no that dont mean i was on their side)
Now if you think I have wronged you pm me your number and have a chat about it, other wise I feel this will get nowhere fast
and I really couldnt be arsed dealing with you and I just end up looking a dick for trying.

Now this is on a more serious note have you ever been checked for dyslexic, I myself am and have noticed a lot of the prob you have communicating is close to the very real problems I have, food for thought

RevHead
22-12-2012, 06:16 PM
so Ian if your leaving your place at 5am you might hit traffic just around kempsey ,today there was a 13k traffic jam south of kempsey, it wont take long to load the bike if you want a straight turn around, you should be here around 10.30am

Azrael
22-12-2012, 08:08 PM
you might say it in 3 words so be it

You're a cockholster

megawatt
22-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Thought this thread was about Yella's drag Busa ?

RevHead
22-12-2012, 08:16 PM
im a cockholster

clever ,lol

Yella
22-12-2012, 08:34 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9upe4ucIj1rqmndio2_1280.jpg

Seems like a little tongue in cheek has gotten out of shape as seems to happen on the interweb so lets move on.

El_Hefty
22-12-2012, 08:37 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9upe4ucIj1rqmndio2_1280.jpg

Seems like a little tongue in cheek has gotten out of shape as seems to happen when petes involved so lets move on.

better, more accurate

Yella
22-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Pete, I will be leaving here at above 5 picking up Pav on the way and should see you 10:30 11 I'm guessing.

At this point I would like to say thanks to Pete for his help with things to this point as it would have been a huge head fuck for me otherwise.

The plan is to get it home and spend the next couple of days reading and looking.

G.L.F will be employed as soon as possible

RevHead
22-12-2012, 09:25 PM
cheers Ian ,il print up the fault codes ,so you have a reference .

RevHead
22-12-2012, 09:38 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/200079_3952758109555_365392232_n.jpg
better still i posted it here

RevHead
23-12-2012, 04:02 PM
on its way home
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/407183_3955703183180_1838401496_n.jpg

Yella
23-12-2012, 07:43 PM
1000k round trip and it's in the shed next to the 7 tomorrow I will start work ;)

RevHead
23-12-2012, 08:46 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg

rock hard
23-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Good Lads

BANDITROD
24-12-2012, 01:18 AM
good stuff yella get into it mate i wanna see that in action at the next xmas drags

Chase
24-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Nice one Ian, can't wait to see your magic on this.

Yella
24-12-2012, 12:32 PM
computer has died so working for a tablet and cant figure out how to post pic and vids from faceplant, but it is running and hoping to test ride this arvo

RevHead
24-12-2012, 01:25 PM
good job

RevHead
24-12-2012, 04:03 PM
really glad i found that extra broken wire in the harness ,soon you will put down some numbers how big is the smile,it lives cheers

Yella
24-12-2012, 04:06 PM
After messing with the clutch slave and fixing a couple of general leaks I got it going, got it nice and hot and waited after a while number 3 dropped out. Check the wiring while in a poor state (one of the worst I have seem) still seems to have continuity. Time to sit back with the manual and have a read

Yella
24-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Swapped number 1 and number 3 injectors and the fault moved. Looks like I need a new injector or 4

RevHead
24-12-2012, 05:11 PM
il send you some ,the ones in there come from a big wreckers in sydney, i got about 6 or seven laying around

Yella
24-12-2012, 05:53 PM
thanks Pete

Yella
24-12-2012, 06:31 PM
mmm will see if this work the Busa inthe shed, with my computer dead i have to relearn everything on the forum

Yella
26-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Started sorting the wiring today looked at the red wire that had been cut and soldered earlier . It was the supply wire for all the engine sensors and it was only holding on by 2 wires so decided to replace the pin. Pulled it out found I didn't have anything similar in my kit so looked at the wire diagram decided to pull the brown wire for the VCSV supply and use that pin and wire.
The VCSV is the control for the vacuum operated flap in the air box mine has been removed the question I have is will the ecu see that it is not connected and throw a code or stop anything. I dont think it will but just want to check
Also checked over he rest of the bike found the gauge/fairing brace is cracked so need one of them

Redmohawk
27-12-2012, 07:56 AM
The VCSV is the control for the vacuum operated flap in the air box mine has been removed the question I have is will the ecu see that it is not connected and throw a code or stop anything.

Knowing less than fuck all about BUSA wiring , but a bit about efi in general I'd say ask Booster . But your prob fine, if the flap valve doesnt have a postion sensor (switch etc) I'd bet its dumb as far as the ecu is concerned.

Yella
27-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Knowing less than fuck all about BUSA wiring , but a bit about efi in general I'd say ask Booster . But your prob fine, if the flap valve doesnt have a postion sensor (switch etc) I'd bet its dumb as far as the ecu is concerned.

Thats what I was thinking. I cant see a code that relates to it and it looks like it only supplies a positive to the valve when it see a set value from other sensors. Thinking I should be ok

Redmohawk
27-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Suck it and see I say , once and a while she does.

StuNVA
27-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Also checked over he rest of the bike found the gauge/fairing brace is cracked so need one of them

You'll need a trailer to carry back all the shit I'm about to sell you.

Yella
27-12-2012, 11:21 AM
:cool:

Yella
28-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Ok so wiring is all sorted checked all the bits that look dodgy ( someone one had attacked this harness with little bits bare and cut back all over) Removed the head light wires and wired the indicators so that they come on instead. Fixed up the taillight so it works. general clean up. Not much so here are some random pic's

Random cut/bare wires

This is the vacuum valve that ran the air box flapper. I have removed this wire and stolen the ECU pin for this to repair the other pin that was poor. If anyone has any info if doing this will upset anything please speak up.

I'm sure this should be in a bracket somewhere near here but can see anything.

Extra wires going to the rec reg that had been hooked up to the battery

Motobat complete with stupid little adaptors for posts.

Going to have a look at the plastic's tomorrow but from memory they are not to bad. Waiting on parts screen and Stator cover ETC. Going to take it to work next week for a clean other than that it's nearly ready for its first run to set the bench mark before I start messing with it to much.

RevHead
28-12-2012, 07:05 PM
good job Ian ,those chopped up wires had me at an end ,i couldnt understand the purpose of all the bared taped up wiring ,almost every wire into the ecu had been chopped?

Yella
28-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Looks like someone was either looking for a power supply or fault finding but they did a number on it should be all good now

Yella
30-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Have been reading up on the 16 to 32 bit convert but cant get the info to post here but doesn't look to hard maybe on the cards a little later

RevHead
30-12-2012, 07:30 PM
when the injectores turn up ,any you get it sorted ,wait before you change the puter as it pulls like a 16yr olds 1st hand job

Yella
31-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Question time, lowering the front of the busa is it better to use
Front End Lowering Kit 99-09 Hayabusa GSX1300 New
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290432665815?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Or just get a strap and pull it down
Or slide the fork thru and fit some other clip-ons

BANDITROD
31-12-2012, 01:53 PM
if you slide the forks through make sure you still have clearance at full compression otherwise the wheel might hit the headers/radiator under load

Yella
31-12-2012, 02:06 PM
and I dont like the way this sits,
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/Skowinski/HayabusaTripleClampTop.jpg

Think I will end up with the lowering springs and maybe a strap if i need any more

Redmohawk
31-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Pick up a set of clipons that just fit the stem ? Then slide them down where you want em ?

Yella
31-12-2012, 02:28 PM
yep that is one of the options

Yella
31-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Still conerned that if I push the fork thru that with full susupension travel during braking or wheelies run the rise of I will drive the fairing into the front wheel/guard etc . Anyone had any experience with this???

RevHead
31-12-2012, 07:15 PM
fit the fairing ,compress the front end and measure then ad 50mils

Yella
31-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Yep tomorrow will do that

Yella
31-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Think I have found what Im going to do
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=135724.0

Looks easy enough :)

Yella
02-01-2013, 06:51 PM

Bits have started arriving. Cheap Ebay cover

Fitted

Cut the back out of the busted headlight, saving weight :)

Snake_Doctor
04-01-2013, 12:19 AM
Thought this thread was about Yella's Busa not Another pick on Pete post fest!!!

rock hard
04-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Hey Yella, looking good mate i like the fork shortening but fuck me alloy fork cartridges and stillsons rough bastards just use a heat gun and a little finnese ...youll need to adjust the damping comp and rebound fairly hard because when the wheel comes down from a start wheelie it will bottom out easily...so looking forward to this big bugger run and race

Yella
04-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Seem to have got Pete's pic taking skills but anyway,
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/542186_322703761179661_932867384_n.jpg

Thinking leaving the black black and swapping the blue for yellow.

If the postie doesn't start delivering the parts I want he will get a flogging soon.

Next step is to lower it 50mm but waiting fo rthe rear links so I can make sure it sits how I want

BANDITROD
04-01-2013, 05:00 PM
cool looking good mate

RevHead
04-01-2013, 05:33 PM
that blue on the tank is pretty close

Yella
08-01-2013, 09:27 PM
So the injector arrived today from Pete. 42 degree's outside fuck knows inside the shed but I have parts so in I go :).
New injector in start it up rev's have picked up so re-adjust seems to be running a little rough but better check the exhaust temp all seem to be about the same so slap the other bits on for a quick test but as soon as I try and load it up to get out the drive it starts to miss. WTF.Head out anyway and it gets worse when you open it up under load so back in and recheck exhaust temps all pretty close number 1 is down a little put the injector wire and no real change. Pull the others noticeable drop.
Thinking it can’t be the injector its been replaced must be ignition I started checking plugs, coils etc finally got back to the injector ended swapping it with number 2 and the fault moved WTF.
Pulled the injector rail for number 1 and spun it so I could run the bike and watch the injector’s spray into a bottle. Old injector half a dribble, good injector from number 2 seemed better, new injector dribble. Some where in doing this I managed to pull the rail apart and spray my crutch with 500ml of petrol needless to say was not and still isn’t fun.
Anyway I got the shits and pulled the screen from the end of the original injector ( it didn’t want to come out but I made it ) put the injector in and fired it up sweet no when you pull the injector wires rpm drops. Now to wait till tomorrow to give it a test up the road see how it goes.
Looks like I'm going to have to clean the fuel system, put an inline filter before the pump and chase up another injector or get these serviced.
Also found a oil leak from the rocker cover area by the looks of it and the sump is covered in crap possibly just the fuel running down and mixing with crude and running off but looks terrible at the moment so will need to sort that aswell

RevHead
09-01-2013, 06:57 AM
this is why i pulled it ive got five coil packs here and another 4 injectors,it cost me so bloody much and whenever i changed things out ,it never got any better ,if you want the coil packs and all the injectors let me know as there around $300 for the bits i paid for.the last 4 injectors ive got here turned up a week after you picked up the busa.

Yella
12-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Busa miss fire sorted. It Rev's clean and picks up 1st and 2nd under throttle :D . Still not as fun as the 7 but it's a start.
90% of the problem was injectors blocked. It runs well now but I still want to get 4 injectors serviced, new fuel hoses, replace the pump filters and put a inline filter before the pump.
Even with it running on four it still hesitated and popped when you flicked the throttle had a look over found the vac line to the fuel pressure reg wasn't hooked up, it had a line on it but it was tucked away with the rest of the hoses just not connected.

Now looking at oil leaks and found a rocker cover gasket leak no biggie will check the valves while Im at it.
The concerning leak is coming from the output shaft/ clutch push rod/ water pump area after doing some reading looked like I may need to drop the motor a split the case to to replace the seal :( . But on the plus side I will give it some new rings and if i can find a gen 2 crank it may get that aswell. Problem is I pulled the covers gave it a good wash and dry put it back together and run it for 10 mins, clutch in and out, in and out of gear and nothing not a drop. Will do a quick run tomorrow up the road and see what happens :confused:

BANDITROD
12-01-2013, 08:17 PM
you sure its not chain lube

Redmohawk
12-01-2013, 08:53 PM
you sure its not anal lube

Don't be like that , Pete sorted most of it.

BANDITROD
12-01-2013, 08:56 PM
lol

Yella
12-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Was heaps of crude in the behind the sprocket and around the clutch push rod. At first before I pulled the covers I thought it was the fuel I had been spraying all over running down mixing with the crap but it smells like engine oil. I will know tomorrow

RevHead
12-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Don't be like that , Pete sorted most of it.

bwahahahahahahhah!

Yella
15-01-2013, 08:10 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/19392_327690437347660_781913589_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/14834_327690574014313_49520074_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/543920_327690724014298_480607029_n.jpg
Stock

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/543941_327690834014287_985113634_n.jpg
fully sick lowered

Lowered the back of the bus 50mm today once the suspension sag is set as I want and with me on it should sit pretty close to what I want at the back. I will probably get the adjustable links a little later on if I need to get any finer adjustment.

Will lower the front 50mm over the weekend and should be sweet

Yella
20-01-2013, 05:18 PM
I am lowering my forks internally I made up 2x 50mm and 2x 70mm spacers to install.
Question is 70mm lower front on a other wise stock busa to low?
I have reassembled the forks and it looks low.
Will I have ground clearance (sump headers) or bottom the forks out hard with wheelies. I have upped the pre load and will run a heavier fork oil with full comp dampening.
Should I just stick to 50mm??
Free length of the chrome stock is 120mm with the spacer in it is 50mm.

dodgy pic's I know but
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/550656_330128437103860_297271834_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/554356_330129017103802_1871879578_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/296836_330129013770469_1966224911_n.jpg

megawatt
20-01-2013, 08:26 PM
That's not enough! If you hit a bump it will spit you off or produce a tank slapper and then spit you off. Use a tie down strap!

Yella
20-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Why is a strap better than internally lowering them? Not having a shot just haven't seen a reason it is better, most things say that lowering internal is the better option.
As I have done now I still have a percentage of travel in the suspension to absorb bump's and assist with brakeing

wackyrider
20-01-2013, 10:05 PM
I would think that internally lowering would be better as Yella said due to the fact that you actually have actual working suspension, where as if you strap it down the springs are constantly compressed and you have very hard suspension.

That said Yella I'd be checking if 50mm travel is enough. i'd rather start with 70mm of travel and keep an eye on it. You can always lower down more later on.