PDA

View Full Version : Lets Talk About AFR 2013

Pages : [1] 2

RevHead
10-12-2012, 07:26 PM
ok kiddies ,lets get the ball rolling for AFR ,Nicks idea of Wake field park, is a great idea ,as being at a drag strip this weekend ,and no holes bared burnouts wheelies etc ,makes wake field park more attractive,plus who want ride there bikes to the extreme with out being done for having fun!its easy access for the vicci boys as its only a 5 hour cruise up the Hume,the Sydney boys have 2 hour ride drive, i have a 5.5 hour ride ,so if its decided ,i would suggest,payment up front to secure the venue,

Aido
10-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Certainly an idea worthy of discussion.

Hire the Circuit

Wakefield Park not only boasts one of the best short circuit layouts in Australia, but also offers visitors first rate support facilities. We have featured a few of these below.

Control Tower / Timing System

Wakefield Park’s control tower is the central point of the circuit, located on the start/finish line. It contains very sophisticated timing systems, and is where the running of all race meetings and corporate timed events are operated. For corporate bookings, every lap time is recorded and available at the end of heats and races.

Safety

At Wakefield Park, we pride ourselves on attention to detail and all-round safety. All drivers are given thorough instructions on safety from our Clerk of Course, and are strictly monitored throughout their time on the track. Wakefield Park has a cleared infield which helps reduce the risk of damage and injury in motor racing. Wakefield Park has a state of the art Safety Lights system that allows all 8 flag points to be remotely maned from our control tower, meaning signals can be passed to drivers anywhere around the circuit.

Garage Facilities

Carport and garage structures are available for race day or general use. There are 30 Lock-up Pit-Lane garages and 60 Carports with another 11 garages nearby and additional 30 lock up paddock garages, all available for hire.

Cafe and Coffee Shop
The circuit has a coffee shop and cafe onsite. These facilities are open when the circuit is open for business. Our modern indoor cafeteria and catering area is surrounded by lawns and undercover paved areas. Whether it be that corporate function or something quick and easy, we will make it available. Our coffee shop is the perfect place for mum’s to spectate and enjoy coffee and cake, whilst children can play in the playground nearby.

Administration Offices
Our full-time staff are always on hand to answer any questions and be of service to you.

Car Parking
Wakefield Park has ample car parking and can comfortably cater for the largest attendances, as experienced during the 2003 Procar Championship Series, where a crowd in excess of 15,000 was catered for with ease.

Track Pricing for 2013

Saturdays $7,300
Sundays $7,300 (and public holidays)
Fridays $4,200
Weekdays $3900
Any CAMS events will attract a $500 levy which will be charged in addition to the circuit hire.
Insurance cover is mandatory AASA Permit $800
Ambulance $640 per day
Track Marshal $280 (optional)
Control Tower $200 per day (optional)
There are other options on standby eg water truck, witches hats. Phone for details and costs.
NOTE : There are mandatory requirements if timing is used (please call for more information)
These prices are current although are subject to change without notice. (Please call for more information.)

RevHead
10-12-2012, 07:57 PM
the weekend price isnt out of reach if we can get a lot of members to commit

if we can get 40 riders at a price of $365 each for 2x days

Redmohawk
10-12-2012, 08:03 PM
So for a sat your looking at about $9k assuming an ambo and timing is wanted , thats alot of bikes even at $200 for the day each. How many turned up to the bathust AFR ?

RevHead
10-12-2012, 08:10 PM
im not 100%, i think there was 15 bikes ,
the other option could be to do a friday track day ,and stay in goulbourn on the weekend for local road rides,

Redmohawk
10-12-2012, 08:16 PM
If your aiming for an ASF only event , I think your going to find it hard to sell anything like this if you cant keep the cost down to $100 a day.

I might be happy to shell out $200 or $300 for a day plus accom etc etc totaling maybe $800 for the weekend. But I doubt you will find 40 others that will. Times a tough for alot of people , we struggled to get 19 bikes to the drags @ $140 even though plenty more said they were interested.

Not trying to rain on the idea and I'd be keen, but unless the price is lower I don't think this is going to fly.

bladehunter
10-12-2012, 08:31 PM
FUCK YEAH

Bring it on.

To make it fair I'll disable the injector on the rear cylinder to give you guys a fighting chance. :cool:

RevHead
10-12-2012, 08:42 PM
this is why im posting now,so we can try to get all the wanna bees there, not meaning to insult anyone here ,but supporting the rides is a good thing ,ive only been here for 3 years ,yet ive been to 3x nfr,s ,and 2x afr,s ,and one awesome vic xmas party ,

i generally save around 1k for each event ,but dont even spend that much.this year at NFR, i took $1400, and spent $490 for the whole weekend

bladehunter
10-12-2012, 08:54 PM
The circuit idea is bloody fantastic.

45 bikes at $200 odd or 30 at $300. That's working on a $9K budget. Damn cheaper than a fuckin' speeding fine.

Redmohawk
10-12-2012, 09:22 PM
The circuit idea is bloody fantastic.

45 bikes at $200 odd or 30 at $300. That's working on a $9K budget. Damn cheaper than a fuckin' speeding fine.

Maybe so but without confirmed payed numbers its all pie in the sky, and @ $200 just for the day I think you will struggle to get half the numbers needed.

K6Thou
10-12-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm with Red on this..... As good idea as it sounds for blokes like me I have to factor in fuel to get there and home etc plus numerous other expenses, how much I'm losing by not being at work, food etc.....
Turns out to be a fucking expensive trip.

MattyDucati
10-12-2012, 10:27 PM
What dates are you thinking about?

fimpBIKES
11-12-2012, 12:12 AM
looking at having to give the eastern creek chumps $260 for a farrr too packed out trackday in january

im happy to pay $100+ a day for umlimited hooning!

RevHead
11-12-2012, 07:22 AM
you see you guys are already talking yourselves out of going ,man the fuck up, save some bread and have a 4 day holiday ,bobbo rides to cooma from brissy ,i go to heathcote from here accompanied by yella from sydney ,guys take your balls out of your pocket refit and ride,look scotty came from perth for god sake ,

is this place turning into the oh i like to ride,to the shops, now fire up and make more excuses!

DCRacing
11-12-2012, 07:31 AM
Red is right, the cost needs to be down to draw enough numbers to pay for the track hire which means a fair bit of commitment from members early on and then watch the numbers drop as other things force them to pull out, then you consider opening it to the public and it becomes a shit fight to make it all happen.

It sucks is what it all boils down to, i used to organidse and run track days at Morgan Park in Warwick. the cost of the track day would be around 100 -150 for a full day and i would struggle some times to get full numbers, usually about 3 weeks out the numbers would start to drop as people would pull out for various reasons.
Every one wants to be there but not commit to it to make it work.........
Non refundable deposits are one way of being able to cover cost but it scares half the people away.
And if you are looking to cover cost you need to look at it as a business and try to make it earn some money because if you budget for covering cost it will leave you on your ass and short of cash which you have to put in out of your own pocket.

end of rant for the moment.........
Sorry

Jed
11-12-2012, 08:49 AM
you see you guys are already talking yourselves out of going ,man the fuck up, save some bread and have a 4 day holiday ,bobbo rides to cooma from brissy ,i go to heathcote from here accompanied by yella from sydney ,guys take your balls out of your pocket refit and ride,look scotty came from perth for god sake ,

is this place turning into the oh i like to ride,to the shops, now fire up and make more excuses!

Great idea Pete. But to some the issue isn't to 'Man the Fuck up'. Not eveyone has the luxury like yourself to to pack up for 4 days and spend heaps of money. I'd love to be able to do these things, but some blokes on here have young families, myself included, and I struggle to take my kids on a decent holiday.

I'm not having a go at you but have a bit of a think before you start calling people on here wooses because they can't attend something. Some of us here live under completely different circumstances, and because we can't go to something like this we support ASF no less.

My 2c over

bladehunter
11-12-2012, 10:57 AM
How much goes into modding ya bikes ?

El_Hefty
11-12-2012, 11:03 AM

Seriously? Whats how far youve ridden before got to do with shit in this instance. Its not about distance its about the money and the commitment so far out. I would say yes but if business takes over im a no show.

Are you going to cover any short fall? Pay the deposit? Are you going to take responsibility?

If you are taking responsibility whos name are you doing this in? ASF? If so Si owns that name and does he want you organising this event in that name? Have you asked him?

If it isnt in ASF's name and its yours good luck, you cant even get the title of this thread to make sense.

ozzy1100
11-12-2012, 11:22 AM
x2

Jed
11-12-2012, 11:34 AM
How much goes into modding ya bikes ?

Next to nothing. Do it all myself. And usually swap parts for parts

hooligan
11-12-2012, 11:48 AM
hefty hit it on the head.
For NFR, which was only accommodation, not the expense of paying for track time as well, it started out as 25 odd, but when it came down to it, we ended up with 14 people.
If we use bladehunters numbers, if we had 30 people say yes, and then 10 drop out, who would put up there hand to cover the 3 grand?
Having AFR at a track would be fucking great. But losing a shitload of cash is fucking horrible. I wouldn't be putting my money on the line, because more often than not, numbers drop dramatically once the reality of paying sets in.

xa-mont
11-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Too rich for my blood. im a poor apprentice with a mortgage.

pretty broke just after this weekend and nfr.

timbo
11-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Pete! i like the idea in on paper and would be very keen for such an event, but! and there is always a but i reckon that your going to need to get a lot of cash up front with a no show no refund deal or someone is going to be out of pocket. i for one can not commit to any plans at this point as i have just sold the place in Woopi and still have no idea where im going to living or working at that time Good luck with your quest.

Gix11
11-12-2012, 12:11 PM
I like the energy Pete, but you haven't passed this by me mate, this is the first I have heard.

I've been doing this game for a while now and I can tell you that you will not get the numbers we need to make $9k from this forum alone. The amount of advertising, research, artwork before hand, plus clean up, damage and other hidden shit you can not believe will blow this figure out to $15k easily before you know it. I don't have any cushions to take on that responsibilty any more and don't want to risk my house agian.

The economy is still rock bottom and people are still not willing to part with money. Something like this would have to wait a few years at least, and even then, the headache still rings in my head.

An easier way to do a get together at a track (for the numbers you will get) is a group booking at a Ride day rather than booking the whole venue.

Alternatively there is the group gathering as always which most people seemed to perfer in the long run.

sharky
11-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Aaw Si ,
I'm sure Pete's man enough to put his money where his mouth is and put the money up,organise everything and cover any losses......

ozzy1100
11-12-2012, 02:03 PM
no offence but god help us..........

MattyDucati
11-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Here here

Nudie
11-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Would there be enough people interested to do this on a weekday maybe? 1st April next year is a monday. Perhaps travel there sunday, thrash fuck out of your bike/yourself monday, go home tuesday? If there was free camping at the circuit sunday and monday nights it would help.
It could be a goer at half the price of a saturday or sunday.

just saying

Aido
11-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Si I know that you have personally eaten shit in the past on events and merch and putting this whole freak show together. BUT its worthy of banter again at this stage.
Wakefield, Lakeside, Broadford, Barbagello. Whatever the location its a a good idea to generate discussion on creating something "off road" for bikes.
Summernats started because?
Goodwood?
NZ Festival of speed?

Discussion is where we are at. and yes there are alot of what if's and fuck it thats too hard. But without shit talk nothing would happen. Deano and Rod have put alot of time and effort into the drags at Heathcote and it is working in its formative stage. Personally I would have given my left nut to be there last weekend but since both of them are in the missus handbag I couldn't make it due to a "social function" at which I snarled at every cunt there because they were the cause of me missing what I had looked forward to for the last 12 months.

So Discuss. If Wakefield is a no go due to cost then what else is available?

Aido
11-12-2012, 04:10 PM
And Pete...Please try to form comprehensive speech because the title of this thread is fucked no matter how I read it.

Aido
11-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Why not go in conjunction with those that run the track day to help organise a "special" track day? Fill all spots with others and break up the track day round and round with Go to Whoas, Longest wheelies, stunts etc during lunch break. Approval from the course and insurance would be needed and indemnities of course.
Word up the track day organisers to arrange perhaps only 4 sessions of round and round with the remainder of time committed to fucking around?

ALBI
11-12-2012, 05:48 PM
hey si i dont think pete was going to run it as a promoted run for and by ASF ,i read it as us lot hireing the trackand running amok??
there fore no permission would be needed at all??

but thats how i read the post

StuNVA
11-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Personally I love the idea of a track day (3 points left).
The chance of getting it organised is probably sounding minimal though but could you cut cost by finding a few sponsors maybe ? $500 - $1000 from a sponser would go a long way on something like this.

Or possibly getting in bed with one or two other forums, maybe the RATS or some other group. Maybe we could have the last 4 sessions and then bring on the stunters / burnouts or whatever.

Don't shoot it down so quick, where there's a will there's a way to make this shit work.

RevHead
11-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Sorry Si, it was only meant to wake up the blokes who complain,about everything i post or write, yes some have kids ,yes some are very committed with mortgage's,and low pays ,but you all lack the ability to think AHEAd if you dont like the thread dont read it ,if you read it and have more excuses and finger pointing ,well this thread isnt for you,no im not pissed off ,just thought that it would be good to get together in a controlled environment , but like everything on here that is a good idea ,lets flame the idea into the bin ,

1,how much a week do you blokes spend on beers ,grog, smokes ,drugs,
i stopped drinking so i could go to the vic drags,then when i was there i had 5 tinnies only ,but i managed to go ,
as for having the luxury of having a dollar at present my accounts are overdrawn, and i dont have an overdraft ,but il make the effort to get out with like minded people and ride

Aido
11-12-2012, 07:06 PM
1. no one put crap on you Pete
2. No one flamed the idea
3. Take up substance abuse again. You made more sense.
4. Keep on keeping on.

RevHead
11-12-2012, 07:11 PM
every-time a good idea is posted it gets negative post for why it wont work, but the others always talk themselves out of organised events were we can actuaaly have some real fast fun,like stu said ,i too only have 3 points left

K6Thou
11-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Ok just a thought but IF some thing like this went ahead how would you deal with different levels of rider skill ? Every cunt I know well almost every cunt I know is so sure of their talents on a bike it's almost shameful to listen to them go on about it, no doubt it's the same with people here..... Who would be there to assess the riders skills ? You can't have people that lap 45 sec apart on the track at the same time it's a recipe for disaster......

Nudie
11-12-2012, 07:27 PM
I'd go in the slow group 'cause i'm shit

K6Thou
11-12-2012, 07:33 PM
I'd go in the slow group 'cause i'm shitI'll just hand out the oranges at half time....

RevHead
11-12-2012, 07:36 PM
il ride in nudies group,

yoda
11-12-2012, 07:42 PM
I know broadford is about $1000 for a race prac hire, dunno about 'private use' but that could be an option.. Or 'the farm' private track.
I don't mean to be a cunt, but it would go a lot better having someone that can at least string a cohereant sentence together organising the thing.

Just my opinion etc, no need to flame me and all that shit etc etc etc.

Aido
11-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Not sure if you can see this link.... https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=castella&ll=-37.496108,145.428772&spn=0.031223,0.066047&hnear=Castella+Victoria&gl=au&t=f&ecpose=-37.52944301,145.43006463,3693.98,-1.762,50.081,0&z=15
Castella Quarry. Its a hill climb on a private road and there is talk amongst local rodders to hold an event there. Custom bikes too?

RevHead
11-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Yoda its call a chat ,to toss ideas about ,but any race track at a good price is a great idea

Bob
11-12-2012, 08:27 PM
I hope to be at AFR were ever it is.

Redmohawk
11-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Pete I dont talk about others I know often (even though I dont shut up about everything else) But your starting to shit me. I think your an ok bloke and your heart seens to be in the right place but fuck me you manage to cause a shit fight every time you get a hard on for some idea , turn your brain off and just go.

Simple arithmatic would have told you the idea you presented in its simplest and cheapest form prob wouldnt fly, Most people here cant justify spending $100 on a gold membership atm let alone what your hopping organise. Its not that they don't want to pay for the extra priv or not interested in supporting ASF its "They're just to fucking broke" whether they like drugs, smokes, the piss, or saving for a new but plug is irrelivant. How far/often they rode to the shops is prob more important to them than how far they rode to see you at AFR/NFR.

People use this site to get ideas , enjoy bikes , banter (hang shit on yourself and others) and from this, friend groups have formed though the fun and hard work of indeviduals, culminating in rides to interesting places. Si graciously provides us with an enviroment that even people with strong ideas shuned from the majority of the world can use, some ignore some follow others antaganise or rebut.

We even have a place for you.

Si and others have taken a bath over big events in the past as you know , and the little things can become very expensive if things go bad. If you were the organiser and things were not sorted correctly someone was hurt, disabled, killed you personally could be held libal and lose everything including your own liberty.

I said I would be interested in your idea, but It wouldnt work as it was presented. I didnt say stop talking dont have ideas (JUST THE ONE YOU HAD WAS NOT GOING TO FLY) we have trouble organising 2 or 3 small events and getting more than 20 riders to it, So aiming for something that needs a min of 100 riders to keep it under $100 each is just fucking stupid. Plain and simple.

Personally I'd be more interested in riding somewhere camping in the bush (getting messy) then riding the area with AFS comrades (getting messy again) then riding home. There are shit loads of spots all up and down the east coast or even TAS and best part is its mostly free. Someone always trailers or ute it so booze/food/light etc can be brought along in mass everything else is on bike or not at all.

This turning up to a pub is nice and a hot shower after riding the hills is good , but my old bones still like going into the hills riding hard then pulling over throwing out the swag and washing in a get fucked cold creek to.

El_Hefty
11-12-2012, 09:14 PM
you see you guys are already talking yourselves out of going ,man the fuck up, .....................

every-time a good idea is posted it gets negative post for why it wont work,

ok kiddies ,

this is why im posting now,so we can try to get all the wanna bees there, not meaning to insult anyone here ....................

Sorry Si, it was only meant to wake up the blokes who complain,about everything i post or write,........................ but like everything on here that is a good idea ,lets flame the idea into the bin ,

Pete 'not meaning to insult anyone here', namely you. Are you really this socially retarded?

Did,

Deano get his thread 'flamed into the bin'?
Did Si or Large or Supercharger mark or RODnumbers or weasel get any flaming for the GREAT ideas they had and runs they organised?

Theres something in that Pete, think about it.

So since you missed the bit (amongst all the other bits) where Si pointed out we much prefer just runs, which is what AFR will be in 2013. How about we have a 'chat' about a track day under a different title and we leave the 'AFR' thread for something not so fucked up as this thread.

Just a thought

El_Hefty
11-12-2012, 09:17 PM
hey si i dont think pete was going to run it as a promoted run for and by ASF ,i read it as us lot hireing the trackand running amok??
there fore no permission would be needed at all??

but thats how i read the post

ALBI, the title says AFR thats April Fools Run, that in itself is an ASF event.

ALBI
11-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Hey k6 on the road as a group you have the same riding level aswell .those that can and those like me whom think they can and those that wish they could think like me lol.

ALBI
11-12-2012, 09:23 PM
ALBI, the title says AFR thats April Fools Run, that in itself is an ASF event.
Oh mick you know wat i ment !!!

El_Hefty
11-12-2012, 09:24 PM
haha yeah sort of maybe , on a more important note you made me that bit mofo?

K6Thou
11-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Hey k6 on the road as a group you have the same riding level aswell .those that can and those like me whom think they can and those that wish they could think like me lol.I think I know what you mean.... I ride to my limits, and very nearly exceeded them on the weekend when I went for a bit of a ride with Jimmy.... A track is a whole different thing though as I'm sure you are aware, having someone wobbling around in the braking area before a corner while you are coming in at ten tenths and not knowing what the other guys is likely to do can be a big hassle.

Fuck I have a mate that was missed by inches a few years ago as a noob on a VTR cart wheeled and exploded his bike into a corner at QLD raceway.....

Oh, and you can call me Dan.

EFE 1230
11-12-2012, 09:42 PM
I've seen a largish backyard in Dimbooooooola that could host a big party.................

K6Thou
11-12-2012, 09:44 PM
I've seen a largish backyard in Dimbooooooola that could host a big party.................With a smallish burnout pad in the front yard ??

EFE 1230
11-12-2012, 09:46 PM
With a smallish burnout pad in the front yard ??

and a stunt strip outside the front gate......................

Fish
11-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Only if we get to shoot shit and the mankini stays the fuck away! Or even better we get to shoot the mankini.

EFE 1230
11-12-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm sure Rod could use all his "worldy" charms to find a disused paddock/scrub land for a weekend of mayhem and maybe we could all fund a tempory burnout pad and the hire of one of those portable trailer showers/toilet?

or we all keep it on the quiet, not tell him and just show up one weekend...........

DCRacing
12-12-2012, 08:40 AM
one of the problems that this forum has, and this country as well, is that the population is so spread out. If we look at the states, which we seem to follow, they have a population of 300 million, Aus 20 million and spread over the same area. So while we have a strong following online, geographically it is a big challenge to pull us all together at the one place at the one time.
The fluid nature of what gets organised at the moment best fits the nature of the group.
I would love to get out on the track with any of you lot, regardless of skill levels, it would be blast.
Yes if you look at the Summernats and other meetings like it, they started from a desire of like minded people to meet, hang out show off. but the location and the length of time they have been running and the amount of losses they have had, government support etc etc. We only see the finished product.

Realistically, we should keep it all quiet and just show up one weekend............ good work EFE

BANDITROD
12-12-2012, 08:44 AM
well you guys know that wont be a prob around here but i doubt the northeners are going to travell down here

El_Hefty
12-12-2012, 10:19 AM
well travelling to 'your mums vagina' doesnt sound all that attractive Rodney

BANDITROD
12-12-2012, 10:27 AM
hahahahaha

Cruisecontrol
12-12-2012, 01:05 PM
I think I know what you mean.... I ride to my limits, and very nearly exceeded them on the weekend when I went for a bit of a ride with Jimmy.... A track is a whole different thing though as I'm sure you are aware, having someone wobbling around in the braking area before a corner while you are coming in at ten tenths and not knowing what the other guys is likely to do can be a big hassle.

Are you honestly saying that a track day is more dangerous than a group ride on public roads with a bunch of hung over lunatics on home made bikes that you met on the internet?

Gix11
12-12-2012, 01:30 PM
I think you just designed a new t-shirt by accident Dan.

EVLZX
12-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Awesome Wakefield Park right in my back yard, I could even stay home :p

MattyDucati
12-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Are you honestly saying that a track day is more dangerous than a group ride on public roads with a bunch of hung over lunatics on home made bikes that you met on the internet?

That is gold,
Si i'll buy two

DCRacing
12-12-2012, 03:04 PM
That is gold,
Si i'll buy two

Put me down for a couple...... pure gold lol

K6Thou
12-12-2012, 03:06 PM
I
Are you honestly saying that a track day is more dangerous than a group ride on public roads with a bunch of hung over lunatics on home made bikes that you met on the internet?putting people of vastly different skill levels on a track at the same time can be yes.

Redmohawk
12-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Put me down for a couple...... pure gold lol

I'll have 2 in XL

bladehunter
12-12-2012, 04:38 PM
1 XXL & 1 L will they be come in fluro ?

timbo
12-12-2012, 04:42 PM
I can see Dans point. On a group road ride a pecking order very quickly gets sorted. Fast guys at the front, not so fast at the back and a few in the middle to make up the rest. 9 times out of 10 all riding to there own skill level. On a track how ever the fast guy will be catching and passing the not so fast guys.This is where the problems can be, if the not so fast guys have not been on a track befor there lines around the circit can be many and veryed whitch can give the faster guys a bit of trouble, as the faster you go the rite line gets narrower.
Last time i was on a track i was in the mid to fast group and felt much safer with those guys than i did in the slower groups. i find the faster the group your in the more predictable the lines that are taken by the others so a lot less guess work is involved.
just my 2c worth
and yes my spelling sucks

EFE 1230
12-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Iputting people of vastly different skill levels on a track at the same time can be yes.

sorry no t-shirt for you!

and on a side note how about printing a few t-shirts in sizes with many XXXXXXXXX's ?

xa-mont
12-12-2012, 05:23 PM
and on a side note how about printing a few t-shirts in sizes with many XXXXXXXXX's ?

How about losing some weight? :P

EFE 1230
12-12-2012, 05:36 PM
How about losing some weight? :P

you looking for a date cupcake?

xa-mont
12-12-2012, 05:42 PM
got one already sorry mate:p

EFE 1230
12-12-2012, 06:51 PM
no worries mate.

RevHead
12-12-2012, 09:16 PM
il take 2 large cheers

Weaselman
13-12-2012, 10:13 AM
I'd be there with bells on Spesh since vic is on my doorstep and I can put the bike in the ute and bring the wife. I'd pay 300 to 400 for a weekend no dramas. Fuck it was over 2500 to got to casino for 3 days once you factor in fuel.

But in this case you'd need payment well in advence to be 110% that you'll get the numbers. The NFR shed half it's numbers in the week before it hit. Sure I was one but I was moving to a new town and job.

But in saying that if you could make it happen I'd pay tomorrow!

Wurzel
13-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Hey I am up for it , not too sure where in gods name "it" actually is but it has been far too long since my last AFR. I am in Gladstone QLD as are a few others such as my brother Jimmi. I am sure we could get it together, but I do ride a V Max which pretty much goes past everything except a fuel station so pretty long ride for me.

Money isn't an issue seems fairly reasonable at what $800.00 or so for the weekend is that what we are talking?

fimpBIKES
13-12-2012, 11:23 AM
ive done a few trackdays this year
the groups these days are far more fucked up than there used to be

at least if you know the people (ive ridden with most of you at one time or another) you have a rough idea of how mental someone is

i would say even with riders taking weird lines its still going to be 1000X safer than a road ride
no trees next to the road, no wombats or roos and EVERYONE IS GOING THE SAME FUCKING WAY!!!!!!

xa-mont
13-12-2012, 11:39 AM
EVERYONE IS GOING THE SAME FUCKING WAY!!!!!!
Hopefully...

RevHead
13-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Which ever venue is chosen, Im in ,

wackyrider
13-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Which ever venue is chosen, Im in ,

Didn't the thread start off saying that you are organising it??

RevHead
13-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Didn't the thread start off saying that you are organising it??

no ,just thought id start the ball rolling, but if i have to i will

K6Thou
13-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Myself and Jim spoke for quite some time about this on the weekend just gone, and the numbers needed to make it work seem to be hard to get without opening it up to the public. That said we did discuss a weekend at the local drag strip, Benaraby http://www.benarabyraceway.com/. But again getting the numbers this far north would be a major concern.

Si any event would be officially organised etc. It was more of a what if type of conversation.

Gix11
13-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Keep 'em rolling. April will be here in a few minutes anyway as you know.

EFE 1230
13-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Dimbooooooooola Festival of Speed!

xa-mont
13-12-2012, 08:54 PM
i don't like a lot of things you say EFE... but i like that

BANDITROD
13-12-2012, 09:06 PM
hahahaha bring it fuckers

K6Thou
13-12-2012, 09:30 PM
I'd travel down for that !!!

Deano
14-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Just arranging a day drag racing at heathcote was a big job. We put that out to other forums etc and got zero intrest. Not one reply to the topic of a show of interest.

People were whining about paying $130 for a day drag racing and camping that night. But then again they would probably still moan if it was $10.

Don't forget talk is cheap. If the drags happen next year it will be prepay only and needing a certain number to confirm the event like last year.

If you introduce corners to the track riding people fall off and damage gets done. Stick to a drag strip is my advice

El_Hefty
14-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Simply to make a track day happen you need a couple of folk who are willing to ga balls deep with commitment in the way of Time, Money and everything else that goes with becoming an 'event promoter', no-one is lining up to do that

Who's putting their hand up?

or can we move on to organising a traditional run/s for AFR since the title has changed to 'lets talk about AFR 2013'

RevHead
14-12-2012, 05:33 PM
AFR is hard to pick were to ride ,for me i dont really care il just ride to it ,ride around ,then ride home,it would be nice to see it happen were ,QLDER,and VICCI boys could meet up with the N.S.W group in the middle,would Bathurst be in line for another year ,

Bob
15-12-2012, 08:28 AM
A stupid idea from me.
While I love meeting up with you guys down south and have a few beers and catchin up I never really see anyone from up north of QLD, not since 1770 2009. Plus cost of getting down and back all add up form the last few year. Mabe for something different we should do a local or state run for each state. Vic boys and girls do there thing, nsw do theres,etc etc?? Just a drunken thought. :)

geesexar
16-12-2012, 06:09 AM
^^^wot he said makes sense..id love to meet more of you guys but oz is a big place an i fuckin HATE touring to get there..ok now youse can call me a wimp

RevHead
16-12-2012, 07:31 AM
what about we have a simultaneous,weekend ,AFR for all states who want to play ,each at there own favorite ride ,then on the sunday ,monday post up a big picture thread,

El_Hefty
16-12-2012, 08:11 AM
thats been the idea for the last few years except nobody organised anything other than nsw/qld

Redmohawk
16-12-2012, 08:16 AM
What about a list of people interested in a AFR ride (ignore where for the moment) then you have a list of potentally how many might go.

1. RevHead
2. Bob
3. K6thou
4. Xa-mont
5. Wurzel
6. Fimp
7. Weasle
8. Redmohawk
9. El-hefty

BANDITROD
16-12-2012, 08:30 AM
the biggest prob with afr for me is its my daughters bday on the 31st of march so it makes it hard for me to attend and i know clint (iceman)is in the same boat

MattyDucati
16-12-2012, 08:31 AM
maybe wasf will have to do a afr this year also?

bladehunter
16-12-2012, 09:46 AM
What about a list of people interested in a AFR ride (ignore where for the moment) then you have a list of potentally how many might go.

1. RevHead
2. Bob
3. K6thou
4. Xa-mont
5. Wurzel
6. Fimp
7. Weasle
8. Redmohawk
9. El-hefty

No 600's ?

Weaselman
16-12-2012, 11:31 AM