PDA

View Full Version : Speeding Fine

StuNVA
30-11-2012, 02:45 PM
If you are the second bike in a group of two and both bikes get pulled over and booked for the one speed as registered by the radar. What are your chances of beating this in court.

I am lead to believe the Golden Eagle 2000 can only check the speed of one vehicle at a time and in a group situation it can not identify which vehicles speed it is reading.

Anyone had any actual experience with something like this.

Redmohawk
30-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Yep , aquantaince and I (119kph and decel) belting down road me in front him comming up fast on bus (134kph and accel till he saw angry lights) copper is known to me (trust him enough to know not bullshit) he could pick us apart from 200m both got a warning , nice bloke that time lol .

I think you will struggle to fight it without a good lawyer, cost you more than the fine unless you were going quick enough to make it a BIG issue I'd pay and move on. Prob is the cop can prove one speed and estimate yours by the group , you have to prove his estimation is wrong (which is admissable in court due to his training etc etc bullshit bullshit) a copper can get you for speeding just by timing between road markers to estimate your speed (this is admissable in court and I know this for a fact as its how i was booked this way a while back, took it to court fought it and lost had to pay addition costs still lost my licence)

ALBI
30-11-2012, 03:44 PM
just remember if you fight and loose costs way more !!

bladehunter
30-11-2012, 04:48 PM
1 bike, 4 bikes or 100 bikes it don't fucken matter. We're either fodder for the morgue or $$$ for state revenue.

But it was fucken funny the other day when I got done the prick didn't pull the car in front of me using the breakdown lane.

It's a cunt getting booked, but how often do with we get away with $1.80 and over ??

RevHead
30-11-2012, 05:35 PM
1 bike, 4 bikes or 100 bikes it don't fucken matter. We're either fodder for the morgue or $$$ for state revenue.

But it was fucken funny the other day when I got done the prick didn't pull the car in front of me using the breakdown lane.

It's a cunt getting booked, but how often do with we get away with $1.80 and over ??

sssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ,a 600 doing $1.80 pmsl

bladehunter
30-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Oh I would never speed.

Redmohawk
30-11-2012, 06:10 PM
I wasnt speeding orrificer it was the gravity pulling me down hill

Tony Nitrous
01-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Two of us got pulled between Kilcoy and Woodford.
Had been up towards $2.00 but got written up for
quite a bit less. Very angry Cop gave us both matching
tickets. We had a think about it, spoke to a Lawyer,
and paid up.

StuNVA
01-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking I'm on a hiding to no where taking it to court............ but fuck I hate paying speeding fines..... and the points...:(

What pisses me off more than anything is that they have invented 100 new ways to take your points and licence and given us no more points to buffer with (well 1). It also pisses me of that on a rainy dark night I can be doing 100kmph on a road that it would be crazy to do it on and get away with it and on a bright sunny day out here on a road with no traffic and dead straight I can get done for 110 or 120, that's stupidity at it's best.

The situation I was booked under is probably annoying me to the point of wanting to fight it more than anything. Hills, twisties 80k zone, road flattens and straightens and the pricks sit at the end of the straight, it would just be a cash cow for them, the 100k signs really need moving.