PDA

View Full Version : IT HAS BEGUN

Slingblade
17-07-2006, 05:14 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/33837023080923.JPG

Ok no going back now. The build has begun. The fairing is GONE!!. Amazing to think what took Honda years to design can be removed FOREVER in a matter of half an hour. Looks better already and i have not even removed the clip ons yet.

Iceman
17-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Have you got a really steep driveway or are my eyes play'n tricks on me again?

Slingblade
17-07-2006, 05:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Iceman

Have you got a really steep driveway or are my eyes play'n tricks on me again?

No its just a really big poster....[:p]

Hey look at the bike dude and stop scoping out my car and house!!:D

It is pretty steep near the garage door.

fimpBIKES
17-07-2006, 08:45 PM
it took half an hour?

i have a mallet here that could do it MUCH quicker :D

17-07-2006, 09:10 PM
it has not

Gix11
17-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Ah, cryptic Davo. Or do you mean it has not begun? Go for it Nath. Get some straight bars and some new lights and show us a side shot.

Slingblade
17-07-2006, 11:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Ah, cryptic Davo. Or do you mean it has not begun? Go for it Nath. Get some straight bars and some new lights and show us a side shot.

Thanks Gix, i need some help on the bars actually. I have found some nice clamps but am not sure whether to go for fatbars with a bend or straight bars. I have sat on the bike now the front end is stripped(i have removed the clip ons) and cant quite figure out what i would prefer. My speed triple had a bend and it was comfortable. i like the look of straight bars but the only time i have ridden with them was on a mates Sportster, and its kind of like apples and oranges, compared to my blade. I dont want to buy one set and not like them, as i have not got that much cash to throw around.Any suggestions anyone?

PS i am 6'3' so i dont think the reach would be a drama.

Slingblade
17-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Instead of the bike I should have put a photo of my wifes face when she walked into the garage and saw bits of Blade all over the shop. She was mortified. I only bought the bike two months ago and she is at a loss as to why i would be dissasembling and discarding half the bike. I keep reassuring her it will be fine but i guess when there is wiring and controls hanging everywhere she thinks humpty will never go back together again. Ah its hard to share a vision!!

hooligan
18-07-2006, 10:19 AM
On my 7/11, I started with clip ons (frank's racing, anyone want 'em?), went to flat drag bars on risers (still too low and narrow) and now I've got renthals, which are fuggin perfect. I went into a dirt bike shop, and kept trying bars until i found a pair that had the right wrist/shoulder angle.Does that make sense?

Slingblade
18-07-2006, 10:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by hooligan

On my 7/11, I started with clip ons (frank's racing, anyone want 'em?), went to flat drag bars on risers (still too low and narrow) and now I've got renthals, which are fuggin perfect. I went into a dirt bike shop, and kept trying bars until i found a pair that had the right wrist/shoulder angle.Does that make sense?

Yeah it does make sense. I think i will run with the fat bars. I can always get a set of drag bars down the track and try them when cash is more plentiful.

Gix11
18-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Keep in mind the fat bars are exactly that mate! The diametre is bigger so once you commit to the fat bars you are stuck with fat bar risers. You'll have to get new risers if you want to go back to standard diametre. Stu has fat bars on his:

http://www.extremecreations.com.au/images/gallery/hon/aff_stu/tail.jpg

and they look the business if nothing else. At least with bent bars you can adjust the angle. Call out to Stu (quikdraw) and see what he reckons.

Slingblade
18-07-2006, 12:39 PM

Keep in mind the fat bars are exactly that mate! The diametre is bigger so once you commit to the fat bars you are stuck with fat bar risers. You'll have to get new risers if you want to go back to standard diametre. Stu has fat bars on his:

http://www.extremecreations.com.au/images/gallery/hon/aff_stu/tail.jpg

and they look the business if nothing else. At least with bent bars you can adjust the angle. Call out to Stu (quikdraw) and see what he reckons.

Mate, i am in love with that bike. Gotta be the nicest blade fighter i have seen. Here OR overseas.

I am gonna run with the fatbars. They look great and i had a set of bent bars on my old triple, so i will stick with the devil i know.

Gix11
18-07-2006, 01:11 PM
I used to ride a '98 triple as well. The riding position wasn't as agressive due to lower foot rests and thinner bars so it will feel a little more agressive with the full width bars and race rearsets than the triple mate.

Slingblade
18-07-2006, 01:29 PM

I used to ride a '98 triple as well. The riding position wasn't as agressive due to lower foot rests and thinner bars so it will feel a little more agressive with the full width bars and race rearsets than the triple mate.

Yeah i had the 2002. Blade is a little higher but not by much which is surprising. For a full bore sportsbike it is surprisingly comfy apart from the clip ons. Should be a peach once it is fightered.

fimpBIKES
18-07-2006, 07:18 PM
fuck i miss the "fighter position"
the 250bandit feels like a monkeybike!!!

ozkat
18-07-2006, 07:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

fuck i miss the "fighter position"
the 250bandit feels like a monkeybike!!!
im sure it suits you monkey boy [^]

Iceman
18-07-2006, 08:44 PM
quote:Instead of the bike I should have put a photo of my wifes face when she walked into the garage

You let your wife in the garage?

18-07-2006, 08:47 PM
i didnt know Stu was still running QLD rego,he must have plans of moving back home.

crazymofo
18-07-2006, 09:27 PM
hooligan: your franks racing clip ons?? wanna sell em? if so how much!?

cheers.joe.

Slingblade
18-07-2006, 10:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Iceman

quote:Instead of the bike I should have put a photo of my wifes face when she walked into the garage

You let your wife in the garage?

Only to come in and tell me dinners ready.......

No i am lucky, i got a good one. Very understanding, considering she puts up with my shit.

18-07-2006, 10:36 PM
got any nude foto's of her...if not,wanna buy some.

Slingblade
18-07-2006, 10:58 PM
I do have some nude photos actually. Didnt i say she was a good one.

I would rather you be flogging off to photos of my missus than those ones of yo mama.

18-07-2006, 11:05 PM
LOL,my Mama fotos are already on this site about 6 months ago mate.I'll try n dig em up for ya.
cheers

Slingblade
18-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Leave em buried tiger.

LOL, gotta keep you honest davo. I had gathered you were the resident cheeky bastard. cheers mate.

18-07-2006, 11:22 PM
;)

hooligan
19-07-2006, 01:32 AM
mofo, you got mail.

RR-711
19-07-2006, 07:29 AM
Hey Hooligan if MoFo pulls out on them bars let me know ill grab em for me track bike just let me know how much, cheers. Sorry bout ya thread Nath welcome mate

Slingblade
19-07-2006, 10:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by RR-711

Hey Hooligan if MoFo pulls out on them bars let me know ill grab em for me track bike just let me know how much, cheers. Sorry bout ya thread Nath welcome mate

No worries mate. Those clip ons deserve a good home.

qickdraw
19-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Hey guys. NICE THREAD!! If you need any advice just shout out Nath... I might be coming for a ride up to Newy sometime soon, so I'll let you know when & I'll come over and show your missus what you may end up with (and I DON'T mean a raging case of genital herpes - that comes with another pastime!!)
Actually - no bugger it, I don't reckon you should mod your Blade at all - 'cos then I won't be the only one with a single-sided-car-rimmed-fully-sick Blade! Hahahaha!! Just kidding!

Slingblade
19-07-2006, 06:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by qickdraw

Hey guys. NICE THREAD!! If you need any advice just shout out Nath... I might be coming for a ride up to Newy sometime soon, so I'll let you know when & I'll come over and show your missus what you may end up with (and I DON'T mean a raging case of genital herpes - that comes with another pastime!!)
Actually - no bugger it, I don't reckon you should mod your Blade at all - 'cos then I won't be the only one with a single-sided-car-rimmed-fully-sick Blade! Hahahaha!! Just kidding!

Thanks mate. I have a cold beer waiting, just say the word. I would love to see it in the flesh as pics dont do bikes justice.

I said to Ben i dont want to copy your idea completely but i would have trouble finding a different style car rim that i could match to a bike front. Actually i need to buy some bits off you so it may make up for my plagerism. Yet another email coming to you. Thanks for your patience. I am not normally this much of a pain in the ass.