PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a non streetfighter.

Nelso
16-11-2012, 11:25 AM
I was told about a thread on here that linked to a story about me and AUSFR by a mate of mine, so I joined to fill in a few details for people. I don't have a streetfighter, just a ZRX1200 for the road, '04 ZX10 for a trackbike and a Husky TE511 dirty. My wife also rides and used to be an A grade road racer so we get out and ride a bit. She has a 2010 ZX10 for the road and an '05 ZX6 track bike and is about to get her first dirt bike; an old KLX250. None of our bikes are standard either, so I at least have something in common with you streetfighters.;)

latheboy
16-11-2012, 12:03 PM
AUSFR is a dirty word around here.....

Welcome ... pics are good cause we don't read good.

wackyrider
16-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Welcome mate. And pics are a must here :)

Nelso
16-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Pics are a must eh?

Ok then. Here's on of my wife and I cruising together on a track day, one of the only time I took the ZRX onto the track and the road bikes on one of our trips.

Nelso
16-11-2012, 02:13 PM
AUSFR is a dirty word around here.....

I snapped one of their bars and they promised to look after me but didn't so it's a dirty word in my book too. This is the thread that introduced me to this place. http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?24639-Half-off-abm-bars

MattyDucati
16-11-2012, 06:32 PM
So whats the history with ausfr other then bad service?

Got the low down and Ausfr sounds very un Australian

O yeah welcome to the best forum that i have found!

Snake_Doctor
16-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Welcome mate Sweet ZRX looks tough

Pics are a must eh?

Ok then. Here's on of my wife and I cruising together on a track day, one of the only time I took the ZRX onto the track and the road bikes on one of our trips.

bladehunter
16-11-2012, 06:56 PM
AUSFR and bad service ? Surely not ?

Bob
16-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Welcome mate,

NINJAINOZ
16-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Welcome Nelso, I thought a few people here needed to be warned of the high quality ABM bars that you broke, OH well me showing the pics from your KSRC thread got you over here to ASF, The ZRX is pretty much already a streetfighter anyway isnt it?

Im sure you will find some good reading in here too

JimZXR
16-11-2012, 09:58 PM
How do Nelso; would Phil and the rest of the ZRX bretheren approve of it being touted on here as a fighter?!?

Bad news about the bars; I hadn't spotted that one on KSRC!

I know not to send ANY of my business to AUSFR now!!!!!

EVLZX
16-11-2012, 10:09 PM
It's not a streetfighter, it's not streetfighter styled either, that little fairing is almost an exact copy of the one on my old 83 GPz250.

That's what it is it's a replica or a ujm whichever floats ur boat.

NINJAINOZ
16-11-2012, 10:35 PM
I dont know? This fellow says it is so....
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydney-city/motorcycles/2001-zrx-1200s-street-fighter-one-of-a-kind-/1008265018

Tony Nitrous
17-11-2012, 07:00 AM
It's not a streetfighter, it's not streetfighter styled either,
that little fairing is almost an exact copy of the one on my old 83 GPz250.

I like the ZRX, but its not a "fighter. ( Well a stock one isnt )
Its another retro / naked bike like the XJR, GSX14 and CB.

No one ever agree's on what a fighter is, some have fairings, some naked, some clip-on's,
some Renthals, some built from sportsbikes, some built from tourers or nakeds.

The one thing a fighter is NOT and can not be is a factory bike.

A factory fighter is like a brand new antique. A contradiction in terms.

StuNVA
17-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Welcome to ASF Nelso, I'm the one who showed Steve the link from here with the broken bars, he said he knew you and well here you are. Nice bikes by the way.

EVLZX
17-11-2012, 11:52 AM
I dont know? This fellow says it is so....
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydney-city/motorcycles/2001-zrx-1200s-street-fighter-one-of-a-kind-/1008265018

"Modifications:

Faring’s removed
Suspension Lowered
Polished outer-rims
Compression adjusted
Matt Black paintjob
Street fighter twin headlights + custom headlight fairing
Custom leather seat
Rego tube holder
Street fighter mirrors
Mini Billet Indicators (front)
Oggy knobs"

Doesn't sound very streetfighter, oh wait it's got the rego tube holder :D
Looking at that it's a crashed zrx1200s replaced the headlight with some doms replaced the sock indis with some cheaps as shit ebay specials, mirrors to replace the s mirrors chopped the mud guard.
I would never call that a streetfighter.
"Compression adjusted" what the fucks that? What was it running a bit low.
"Unlimited power and no bullsh1t! " the zrx has nice power and good potential but I call that statement "bullsh1t"
And the price is way over inflated.
Oh and the custom leather seat, really, doesn't even look reshaped probably got the cover off ebay and a stapler:)
Anyway the seller is obviously being "creative".

There we go that's my bitch for the day.

Nelso
17-11-2012, 05:45 PM
It's not a streetfighter, it's not streetfighter styled either, that little fairing is almost an exact copy of the one on my old 83 GPz250.

That's what it is it's a replica or a ujm whichever floats ur boat.

Haha, yeah I never thought the ZRX would ever be thought of as a streetfighter. It's a replica of a replica. Mine is a retro styled bike modelled on the ELR (Eddie Lawson Replica) Z1000. It does have a few mods, I.e. Full Akra system, stage 3 jet kit, pod filters, -1 +2 gearing, Ohlins rear shocks resprung and revalved for 120kg rider, forks resprung and revalved, fork brace, solid handlebar mounts, bar end mirrors, heated grips etc. Then there's a few blingy bits like different radiator mounts, sprocket cover, chain-guard, fender eliminator etc. So it is a little bit modded, but it's nothing like a streetfighter.

Nelso
17-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Welcome to ASF Nelso, I'm the one who showed Steve the link from here with the broken bars, he said he knew you and well here you are. Nice bikes by the way.

Thanks Stu. I wasn't sure if Jugs was a member here or not, but he did tell me that someone showed him the link and he thought "fuck me, I know him!". lol

Nelso
17-11-2012, 05:55 PM
How do Nelso; would Phil and the rest of the ZRX bretheren approve of it being touted on here as a fighter?!?

Bad news about the bars; I hadn't spotted that one on KSRC!

I know not to send ANY of my business to AUSFR now!!!!!

Yeah, it happened a while ago so it was buried in the archives. I don't think the ZRX fold would approve of it being touted as a fighter either. lol As for AUSFR, after that incident I have steered well clear of them and warned others to do the same. I get the impression there are plenty of others around here that think the same way about them.

Nelso
17-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Im sure you will find some good reading in here too

I have already. I really enjoyed reading Yella's write up about fitting his turbo to the ZXR. It gives me evil ideas for a project that I'd love to take on.