There is a reason why they made 1-1/8" MX fatbars

http://ksrc-au.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=46203

http://ksrc-au.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=46204

fimpBIKES
14-11-2012, 08:43 PM
wtf happened?

NINJAINOZ
14-11-2012, 09:02 PM
No way that would happen with brand name MX bars, How many of you's are running ABM bars?

I came across the thread & pics here>

http://ksrc-au.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=40925&start=15

BANDITROD
14-11-2012, 10:52 PM
the same happened to the abm bars i had on the bandit they are shit

Chase
15-11-2012, 08:05 AM
You're not meant to bolt the basket on the front of your bike to the bars Rod...

El_Hefty
15-11-2012, 08:23 AM
funny that AUSFR did nothing for the purchaser.... consistant

BANDITROD
15-11-2012, 09:01 AM
lol chase and yeah mike i wouldnt expect anything less i had to go public on here a few years back to get some of my parts replaced and then i got threatened with legal action

Nelso
15-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Hey there ASF. They were my bars in the top pick and a mate who is a member on here just let me know about this thread, so I thought I'd join and put up another link from when they snapped. http://www.ksrc-au.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30055 They were on a ZRX1200 and I was just attempting to lift the front wheel as I crested a rise, but was in the wrong gear so when I twisted the throttle and lifted the bars, instead of the wheel coming off the ground like usual, the bar snapped off. I hadn't pulled hard on the bars, so it didn't unsettle me too much and I rode for a bit until we found a good spot to pull over. I was shocked at how easy they snapped.

NINJAINOZ
15-11-2012, 09:09 PM
That link is not working Nelso

You might want to fit some 1-1/8" tapered bars if you are going to be having too much fun like that, You got lucky when they broke this time

NINJAINOZ
15-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Most stunt riders use MX bars even on Harleys>
Tag bars at 1:59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOkJycTmtKE&feature=player_detailpage#t=119s

Nelso
16-11-2012, 07:15 AM
I put the OEM bars back on and they are fine.

Hopefully the link works now.

Gix11
18-11-2012, 11:46 AM
That's pretty bad hey? I deliberatley went MX fat bars hoping that if those blokes can land 100m jumps with them I should be fine.

Nelso
23-06-2013, 10:31 AM
I forgot to update this thread. Old mate from AUSFR contacted me asking why I was rubbishing their products all over the net and demanding that I take all the 'defamatory' stuff down. When I told him that there was nothing untrue in any of it and I was just answering questions people were asking me about the incident so it wasn't defamation (and that they still hadn't followed through with his offer of replacing the bars with something of equal value) he let it go; but he still didn't offer to make good with replacing his faulty product or refund my money.

TurboKat
23-06-2013, 01:50 PM
That's because he's a Cuntwipe.

Large
23-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Cuntwaft

Large
23-06-2013, 02:49 PM
I forgot to update this thread. Old mate from AUSFR contacted me asking why I was rubbishing their products all over the net and demanding that I take all the 'defamatory' stuff down. When I told him that there was nothing untrue in any of it and I was just answering questions people were asking me about the incident so it wasn't defamation (and that they still hadn't followed through with his offer of replacing the bars with something of equal value) he let it go; but he still didn't offer to make good with replacing his faulty product or refund my money.

Best response to that is to-

1- Not buy anything from him again.

2- Tell all your mates to not buy anything from him again. Word of mouth has fucked more than a few dodgy businesses over.

3- Not buy anything from him again.

K6Thou
23-06-2013, 03:05 PM
But he builds such stunning bikes.......

Iceman
23-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Well, he claims to build them.....

Redmohawk
23-06-2013, 05:20 PM

2- Tell all your mates to not buy anything from him again. Word of mouth has fucked more than a few dodgy businesses over.

4- pissing in his car air vent

sharky
24-06-2013, 07:58 PM
But he builds such stunning bikes.......

That's soo true...he said it himself lol

Nelso
27-06-2013, 09:08 PM

That's pretty much what I've done. Between my wife and I, we have 8 bikes and none of them are standard. If he had looked after me, I probably would have bought a heap of things off him, but instead I spent my money elsewhere and quite a few of my mates have followed suit. At the end of the day it would have cost him less to give me my money back, than to miss out on so many sales. I honestly don't know how some businesses survive with the shitty way they are run.

Hillsy
28-06-2013, 11:42 AM
That's pretty much what I've done. Between my wife and I, we have 8 bikes and none of them are standard. If he had looked after me, I probably would have bought a heap of things off him, but instead I spent my money elsewhere and quite a few of my mates have followed suit. At the end of the day it would have cost him less to give me my money back, than to miss out on so many sales. I honestly don't know how some businesses survive with the shitty way they are run.

That's pretty much the best form of revenge right there.