PDA

View Full Version : Check the stir on the Gold Coast

Gix11
10-12-2007, 03:52 PM
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2007/12/10/5821_gold-coast-lead-story.html

Is everyone else getting the same bad press as we are?

suxukifreak
10-12-2007, 04:06 PM
There was a bit in todays Courier mail....

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22896929-3102,00.html

zx12argh
10-12-2007, 04:27 PM
statistical fact most motorcylclist die in 60kmph zone
speeding is a factor but most people get hit by grandpa simpson and soccer mums not paying attention

its a shame that in most drivers eyes two wheels = hooligan
[xx(]

Gix11
10-12-2007, 04:30 PM
They seem to have neglected that the Gold Coast has increased by 17,000 people since last year as well (another of their front page stories). Does it take a rocket scientist to work out that statistically there will be a lot more bikes on the roads and more to have accidents? Really starting to piss me off.

appo
10-12-2007, 04:34 PM
you Queenslanders really need to learn how to
ride!!!!!!!!!!!
:D;);):D

Cruisecontrol
10-12-2007, 05:23 PM
I hate reading shit about "passing on double yellow lines". The overtaking zones are based on a cars ability to safely overtake another, not bikes. Not surprising that that bit of info is never mentioned...

Jockney Rebel
10-12-2007, 06:08 PM
...fuk me they really dont like bikers down here do they i havnt come across this sort of stuff since the seventies when i coudnt get served in a pub cos i rode a bike

Dick
10-12-2007, 08:48 PM
It's not just population increases that the stats don't allow for.[RANT ON] Not long ago in NSW they changed the P plate regs from a 1 year period on P plates to a 3 year stint. Suprise suprise, within a few years, more P platers were being involved in accidents (due to the number of P platers tripling) so in come ridiculously harsh laws(with, of course equally harsh fines). Same goes for bikes, The number of motorcycles on the road have been on the rise - dramatically - for some time now, so there is a corresponding rise in motorcycle accidents. The lawmakers don't give a shit about stopping road deaths, as long as they appear to be doing something about it by manipulating statistics and deliberately misleading the public (who, unfortunatley believe the bullshit fed to them on the 6 o'clock news) they get applauded and re-elected only for the cycle to continue.[RANT OFF]

There. That feels better. I'm off to the shed to throw some spanners around and swear lots[^]