PDA

View Full Version : stock GPZ/GPX 600 steel clutch plate width

Redmohawk
30-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Fitted a new intake to the old girl on the weekend , and rejetted her up to 130's from 105's the added power increase has reduced the average clutch (little slip when you really got up her) to just about fucked (get up her and starts slipping about 4k by 6 it's all over)

Been up and down the web chasing the stock width of steel clutch plate for a gpx/z to no avail anybody have a manual etc, seems the old girl has a bit of a mix and match of steel plates.

I'm betting some turkey in the distant past has put a wider z900 plate in there with some non standard (narrower) width plates But I dont know how much thinner they are than stock. The plates dont look worn or cooked, oil was fine friction plates have plenty of meat on them. Got a couple of handfull's of kwaka steel plates the will prob fit , just looking for the right width to aim for, Don't want springs binding.

Aido
30-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Thickness of a coarse cunt hair.
Them plates dont like synthetics.

Redmohawk
30-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Dont run syn in the old girl just cheap bike friendly shit , Funny though they come with semi synthetic from the factory.

The thin units In the old girl mic out at 1.65 mm and still have machine swirls in them, the thicker one at the front (I dont have atm its out the farm) But I'd bet its at least 0.5 mm thicker and is stippled (pitted, pressed what ever you call it).

If the cunts your playing with have hair that course I'd be picking a differnet spieces.

EVLZX
30-10-2012, 08:49 PM
I think it's 2.0mm

EVLZX
30-10-2012, 08:50 PM
http://www.powersportsplus.com/parts/search/Kawasaki/Motorcycle/1988/ZX600-C1+Ninja+600R/CLUTCH/parts.html

EVLZX
30-10-2012, 08:52 PM
http://www.superbikeforums.co.uk/index.php?topic=31877.0 same part number might help explain the different sizes

Redmohawk
30-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks bloke much appreciated, tryed in vain to hunt down the first site you posted (but my web browser seems to be gay). Yeah looks like 2mm might be the right size , looks to me like someone couldnt get what they wanted and just stuffed any old plate in there. Seems to have worked ok for a fair while , I havent had an odo on the old girl for over 12 months but in the previous year she did heaps.

When I picked up the old girl the guy selling her was a mech , and the bike was his mates bought it new (Mech did all the servicing he said, had 129k on her the day I picked her up) I've done that easy again pore old girl (was my daily 230 odd km to work n back the short way) still runs well considering my abuse.

EVLZX
30-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Geez that's a few.