PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Titanium Welder in ACT or SYD/Gong

EVLZX
29-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Just looking for someone to weld a shitty little bung on to a titanium exhaust, prefer it done in a chamber.

I've called around a fair bit especially in Canberra and no1 knows jack, had one welder direct me to the specialty metal welders they use who it turned out had been closed for the past 4 years, lol guess that says it all.

Prefer if it was in the Canberra region or Wollongong or Campbelltown, I really hate sydney.

RevHead
29-10-2012, 04:51 PM
just an idea,have you got a Metaland down your way,as our metaland does every kind of welding

Redmohawk
29-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Just chase down a good tig welder in your area , its pritty much like welding stainless and Ali all in one. If its a bung purge welding will suffice , a chamber isnt really neaded. Anything over 500 deg needs shield gas or it will be brittle. I had a play on the weekend with some exahust size tube , its not hard to weld just needs good shielding. I have some rod if you need it.

EXBEN
31-10-2012, 08:40 PM
I can weld that, I do them quite often.

Marco2068
14-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Welding titanium is not like welding stainless and Ali all in one that is wrong. I worked in the aerospace industry in the US for over 18 years. If you still needing a titanium welder we can get in touch. I can do the job for a good price