PDA

View Full Version : Who do I work for??

Weaselman
14-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Currently I work for ACFS driving boxes and bulk freight/ dangerous goods

But Im looking to move out of sydney and have been offered jobs driving for these 2 companys
C.J. Deans and Burkinshaws

And just as things were looking ok I got offered a job driving for this mob in Sydney
Cootes Transport

The problem is Cootes pays the most and the country operators pay by the km. But I really want to get out of town so im thinking of taking the country jobs over the well paying city ones and with luck a better quality of life...
Bloody rock and a hard place because the missus is working in the country teaching but its not 100% that the work will still be there next year. I dont want to pack up and move just to have her work dry up and not be close enough to anything to get more work but on the other hands she couldnt get any work in sydney either. The education systems fucked and its fucking with the next move we make in our lives...

Whaddya think

RevHead
14-10-2012, 01:04 PM
cj dean , Adelong/tumut?, go for the move ,if your missius is a teacher she,l do good in the bush dude ,fuck smelly sydney,you,l land on your feet ,

BANDITROD
14-10-2012, 04:29 PM
you wont miss the city one bit weasel go for the country mate you will always find work somewhere

Weaselman
14-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Funny thing is you'll become close enough to visit. And you could crash at mine during the snow season!

BANDITROD
14-10-2012, 05:00 PM
ohhh that sounds like a good move then mate

RevHead
14-10-2012, 05:31 PM
then Rod you got no excuse not to come to NFR next yr

Redmohawk
14-10-2012, 09:22 PM
I've had 37 jobs over the years, and now on my 38th ! Granted most were casual extras on top of a full or part time base, jobs are easy to find always have been always will be (just do you want to do it).

I'd work out where you want to be physically first (close to the misses I'd bet would be high on the list) then make work suit you from there. Its as simple as you want to make it, I pick location n loved ones before cash most of the time.

kev@vcm
15-10-2012, 04:11 AM
Yeah family comes first , I landed a sweet job hauling west and local 4 on 4 off which leaves me time with family and my business so yeah family first over money

The crow
15-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Family is always first, no job can make enough money that they are worth loosing. as long as u have a roof and food the rest is gravy... u work to live not live to work. But best of luck with it all sounds like u should be able to get a comprimise

RevHead
15-10-2012, 06:12 PM
if your planning a family the snowies is the place to raise them, so like crow said work to live,plus real estate should be a lot cheaper down there

stiffsimon
15-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Good luck with your choice mate but I'd steer clear of the country myself cause it sucks. Lived in country and remote areas for more years of my life than I would have preferred. Expensive fuel lack of convenieence and access to things, everybody knownig your business or making it up if they don't know your business, travelling and overnigfht accomodation costs for city based events are just a few of the things that springs to mind. Big cities ROCK, simples

RevHead
15-10-2012, 06:48 PM
STIFF old man ,i grew up in Sydney ,i now live in the country ,cities suck there crowed as fuck dirty they stink and most of all there far to much traffic and cops,if you can use the mail ,couriers ,transport companies ,nothing is a challenge.if your prepared to wait.if i had to raise my kids again the bush is it.i get a car past my house about every 15minutes on a quiet day ,when i lived in sydney the traffic died down at 3am and restarted at 5am cities u can have them,lol

El_Hefty
15-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Cootes would be hard to go past.

With a company as strong as Cootes im sure once your 'in' there would be opportunities all over Australia. Strength in a business like Cootes in what is interesting times can only be an advantage.

Weaselman
15-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Yeah Ive taken the job at Cootes.
With luck they will transfer me to where I want to go. So we'll see

El_Hefty
15-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Good choice Good luck

Weaselman
16-10-2012, 04:41 AM
Thanks mate

Jockney Rebel
16-10-2012, 09:49 AM
wish you luck mate..but get out of the city..honestly you suit the country better anyway

BANDITROD
16-10-2012, 10:28 AM
good luck fanta pants

Tony Nitrous
16-10-2012, 11:24 AM
during the snow season!

Rule Number 1 : F#CK living ANYWHERE that has a snow season !

Good Luck Mate, hope things work out well for you.

madtrucker
18-10-2012, 06:32 PM
good advice Tony!
that why i decided to apply for a few job's on kandahar airforce base in kandahar,afghanistan.. SUN SUN SUN Big money and no expences. and free room and board and free gym membership.